'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Go'on Kiki, give us all hope ... how old are you? :D

Hey hon!! I am 41 years young, expecting my second child, DD is 13 years old so I am starting all over again!!!

fuzzy67 - it's not impossible to conceive hon so keep trying, I was 41 and 1 month when I fell pregnant (granted we werent trying but it CAN be done!!)

xxx

thanks all ... its a bit better now but i've been scared to eat anything! golcarlilly i had been sort of expecting it later on but not so soon :grr: :rofl: prescriptions probably a good idea, you can get those ginormous buckets of it as well! hope it wears off for you though, its so painful ... then led to a whole family discussion over dinner about how i have trouble burping while my OH is the master at it! charming .... (Not as charming as the constant comments I get from OH's mum about how I'm 'not young now so will have a harder time' or 'much older than <she> <SIL> <anyone she knows> was when they had their baby so is bound to be feeling worse' etc ... she doesnt mean it maliciously, just cant help herself talking, but it really bugs me! leave me alone to whinge about my heartburn and being tired! :grr:

heya kiki, welcome and how exciting you are almost there! sorry that it doesnt sound too comfortable at the moment though ...

so exciting hearing about all the nurseries ... OH refuses to even think about that for months yet, so it'll be last minute no doubt - story of my life! :rofl: Where did you all get your furniture from, just being nosey ... ?

Hey hon!! I am 41 years young, expecting my second child, DD is 13 years old so I am starting all over again!!!

fuzzy67 - it's not impossible to conceive hon so keep trying, I was 41 and 1 month when I fell pregnant (granted we werent trying but it CAN be done!!)

xxx
Yes okay, you win so far!

Any takers for oldest first-time mum? Throwing my hat in the ring for that title (I'll be 40y 5m when the Bean is born!)

Kiki - welcome :)

ellie - heartburn/indigestion sucks. I've been lucky so far and haven't had it, which is good going at 27 weeks I think, but I expect it sooner or later. I've had it once or twice in the past and it was yucky ... probably would be worth asking your MW advice at this stage because you've got a long way to go and it's a long time to suffer :(

Apart from the nausea (passed at 18 weeks) and the constant monitoring of my BP I've been really lucky to have had a straightforward pregnancy ... until now. I noticed at the end of last week that I was having pain, like bruised, in the groin area. Then my knees started to hurt, then my back and now my hips are joining in. Thankfully it's not too bad just now, but it's difficult to sleep. I'll have to mention it to my MW when I see her on the 18th, I'm slightly concerned it could be the start of SPD :( Hopefully it's not, and maybe down to something like posture or sleeping position, which would be relatively easy to correct .....

Thank you all for the lovely welcome!!!

avabear, I was the same, I sailed through the first 30 weeks of my pregnancy, it was amazing!!! I didnt even have any ms.

However, since 30 weeks things havent been quite so good, although still much better than some poor souls have to put up with. My bump seems to hve grown overnight, literally, even my mum couldnt believe the difference in the 3 days since she last saw me!!!

I swear he is going to come early, I feel like I am starting to show signs of labour at the moment. I dunno, but I reckon he could be here in a couple of weeks, but maybe I am just imagining things!!!

xxx

Hi Kiki,
welcome, nice to meet you!

Thank you hon, likewise!!

How's things going with you? That's you in 2nd tri now, always a huge weight off your mind!

xxx

Yes it's fantastic! I'm really starting to relax a bit and believe that I'm actually going to have a baby, rather than counting the days and waiting for something to go wrong. It's lovely being able to tell everyone too!! And starting to feel less sick!

Hi ladies

Nice and busy in here these days!!

Ellie we got our cot from Babies R Us and all the nursery accessories from Mamas and Papas - Light of the Moon range, we still need to order a cot top changer and a wardrobe but we are having the room plastered first - AAARGH feel like we are running out of time!

Hi ladies

Nice and busy in here these days!!

Ellie we got our cot from Babies R Us and all the nursery accessories from Mamas and Papas - Light of the Moon range, we still need to order a cot top changer and a wardrobe but we are having the room plastered first - AAARGH feel like we are running out of time!

You'll be fine hon. Are you having him in with you for the first few months?

We plan on having Caidan in with us for at least 3 months, which is just as well seeing as we have yet to split the living room into a double and single bedroom (so he actually has a room of his own!),get the kitchen pulled out and redone and decorate DD's room and our bedroom at present which is to be the new living room.

Wont be doing this until he is here, but B and Q promise that the kitchen will only take 4 days, so me,Caidan and DD will be decanting to my mums for that time, poor OH will have to stay in the house during his paternity leave!! My mum has promised she will feed him though (she only lives 5 minutes away so he will still see us every day)

I have to say, I am not looking forward to getting it all done, but it's better than sitting here waiting for the house to sell and then having to find a new one and move!!!

xxx

Hi I dont think Ive replied to this thread, If I have then sorry and hello again!!
I am 36 and have 5 children so this will be the 6th, my eldest is 13 and youngest is 4. I didnt think I would have any more due to the fact that I thought I was starting perimenopause (early meno runs in family) I feel totally in awe this time, I really appreciate the miracle that a new baby is in a way I didnt when I was 23 with my first. I feel more knackered this time too, but wierdly generally more well (if that makes sense) but I dont feel Im out to prove anything this time and Im letting people do stuff for me, I havent done that before, so I guess that helps. I feel more empowered this time and more in control generally.
Anyway, good to meet you all.

Hi soon2be - you must be a very busy Mum!!! I feel really well too in general I feel like pregnancy agrees with me more this time round - I was 23 when I had my DD too.

Kiki - yes lo will be in with us for a while so I know there is no desperate rush I am just being a panic merchant LOL

Hey there soon2be,nice to chat to you!! You really are a busy lady arent you??

Funny, I agree about this time being so much better than before. Do you think it is because we are older and so much more relaxed this time round? Apart of course from the panicking about room plastering and the likes :rofl:
I am totally with you there in the panic stakes GCL!!! I think its the thought of having to do it that's worse though???

I dont know about you all, but I am so looking forward to having this baby. Again, more so than with my DD ( I was 28.) as I was just so bloody nervous!!!! The statistics do tel us that us older mums are deffo more relaxed with their new babies than younger mums. I really think that is true, certainly for me.

xxx

Yeah, I feel more chilled out about actually having him (not the birth part!) than I did with my DD, I am getting excited now it is getting closer too!! I think about nothing else all day long I am obsessed!!

Lol!!! Me too!!! It's awful cos it makes me sooooooooo impatient (patience NOT being one of my finer qualities anyway!!)

xxx

Hi everyone, just finding my way round the boards.
I'm Paula, 35 and expecting my 4th baby in August, I had my 1st at 21 so this is a whole different feeling, I'm older more confident and I would like to think a little wiser!!! lol!
I've got 2 boys aged 13 and 11 and a girl of 7, we're haing another little man!
I work as an Accounts clerk and live in Sheffield.

Hi there gingerkids, welcome!!! Hope you enjoy Baby and Bump!! It's a fantastic place, everyone is just lovely!!

How far on are you hon?

Ooops, just read your post again, due in August! How many weeks? In 3rd tri yet?
xxx

I cant believe i have only just found this post!!! Where has it been hiding, or where have I been hiding??!!!

I have just turned 36 and am now about 5 days overdue with my first, with no signs of anything happening anytime soon!!!

Just wanted to get this posted and then will spend some time reading through the previous posts :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->