'Older Mums' buddies thread!

(pretend Im singing)
Happy Birfday to yoooooooo
Happy birfday dear marleysgirllllllllll

40 is the new 30 so they say, or maybe thats just me saying that to myself??!!??:-k

Happy birthday Marleysgirl. Have you got anything nice planned?

Thank you for not singing!

We're off out shopping this afternoon - I might just cave and buy some maternity clothes :D - and then having a pizza.

Marleysgirl

https://www.grandprofile.com/Myspace_Comments/Happy_Birthday_Comments/images/Happy-40th-Birthday.gif

Hope you have a fab day hun!! Do you feel any different? - mine is on the 30th July!

Thank you for not singing!

We're off out shopping this afternoon - I might just cave and buy some maternity clothes :D - and then having a pizza.

I was planning on going into town today to get some maternity clothes for work, but it was so wet and miserable that I didn't bother. Maybe at the weekend.

Happy Birthday marleysgirl!! Life begins at 40. Mine certainly did!!!

xxx

Marleysgirl - happy birthday!! Hope you got to buy something nice :)

On the subject of buying stuff, I really need maternity jeans ... and I hate shopping, ugh. Unless it's for the LO, of course :baby: :D

Piemistress - I'm going to AMH when the time comes, but to the labour ward because of my various medical issues. Apparently the labour ward and midwives unit are just round the corner from each other which is really handy if you're in the MW unit and a complication should arise. Hopefully will be going for the tour soon. As for hypnobirthing, we're going to the course in June with Natal Hypnotherapy. I figure that anything that helps me relax can only be a good thing!!!

Maternity jeans are a total nightmare to find!!!! I got some from mothercare they are under bump ones and they are not comfy at all!!!

Happy Birthday Marleysgirl!!!!!!! Hope you'e having a great one - and enjoy the pizza (mmm!) Did you get any good presents???

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marleysgirl!! Hope you had a fantabulous day and an even more fantabulous evening!!

avabear73 - how do I found out more about the Natal Hypnotherapy course you are doing - is it at AMI? agree about anything to help relax is a good thing as i've never heard 'relaxing' being described for childbirth before :) yes please!!

Thanks everyone! I had a lovely day!

Didn't buy any maternity clothes. Why do shops insist on putting the maternity section upstairs? I'm not an elephant yet, but I can understand why women now buy so early - because you can't get up there later on! Very disappointed with M&S range, only their jeans looked any good; H&M range looked more interesting.

Did buy one dress from TKMaxx (not maternity) for a wedding in two weeks time.

Picked up my Boots changing bag (freebie), and then filled it with toffee and chocolate from Thorntons!

Hi Ladies, I popped in a few weeks ago and said hi and haven't really been back since.

Went back a few pages for a quick read to see whats happening.

Happy birthday Marley hope you had a good one!

Ellie, I had 4 bouts of spotting in 1st tri and all was well each time, it's hard not to worry but at least the scan shows baby is doing well.

I had a threatened pre-term labor scare last weekend at 26wks, where they gave me steroid injections and tablets to stop cramping - Spent 3 days in hospital - all very scary - but cervix stayed closed TG. Seems to have settled down (for now) though not out of the woods yet and having to stay at home and take it easy as still getting odd pains and cramps, so fingers and legs crossed baby stays where he/she is for another 3 months!

I have to say after watching 4 ladies being induced on the ward and going through labor pains and waters breaking etc, I feel a little more prepared for whats ahead, gave me the kick up the a** I needed to start preparing for the birth and baby, so i'm off this evening to start getting my hospital bag ready in case I do have an early arrival!

Hope you are all doing well!

I bet that was scary! Glad everything seems to have settled down now. Hope baby stays put for a while yet. I know what you mean about preparation, my daughter was only 3 weeks early but I hadnt got a bag or anything, it was embarrasing, never made that mistake again, When I get to 28 weeks (old viable) I get me bags packed, just in case.

tillymum, that sounds like a very scary experience. Good to hear it's settled down now, hopefully baby will stay put for a few more months. Look after yourself.

Hey Tillymum, glad you are ok now! Did you get to speak to the ladies who were being induced then? I really need to get my bags packed now - just in case!

Feeling a lot better today and more comfortable less niggly pains etc, im so relieved after such a worry!:happydance:

I would recommend to all to get your hospital bag ready from 24wks - just in case!

Golcarlilly I got to speak to some of the ladies being induced, one poor girl had 2 failed rounds of induction and was looking at having to have a c-section, she had been in for days. I hope she's had her baby by now!
One lady went straight into labor and waters broke within 5hrs, and another poor girl almost had her baby in the bed opposite me she went so fast!! Lets just say I learned a lot at the weekend and feel less scared of whats ahead now!

OMG all sounds scary to me!!! I was induced at 3 weeks overdue with my DD and it took around 12 hours in all!

Evening ladies :)

Hubby just came out with a cracker which I have to share ....

Me: (with pregnant belly on display) "am I getting stretch marks at the bottom of my bump or are the old ones?" (when I say old I mean from long before I was pregnant)

Hubby: "How would I know?"

Me: "All the times we've had sex, you've never noticed my stretch marks?"

Hubby: "No, when we have sex I'm too busy concentrating on your face"

Needless to say we both dissolved into fits of giggles ... who is he kidding? Does a man having sex EVER concentrate on your face?!! Does he even know where it is?! :rofl:

:rofl: it was a very diplomatic answer to give him credit where it's due!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->