'Older Mums' buddies thread!

avabear - Did you have high BP at the start of your pg or was it something that 'developed' for one reason or another? The reason I ask is that I've been having quite a stressful time at work recently and the other day when I was even more wound up my vision went mildly blurry and I felt a bit dizzy. My colleague said this can sometimes be a symptom of high BP (I haven't told work about the pg yet...)

Hi PieMistress

I had high BP before I got pregnant, although it was only just high and no more. Your MW should be regularly checking it, but in any case I think you should get it checked out. When I was at the hospital, they asked me frequently if I'd had any flashing lights, visual disturbances, headaches etc ... I hadn't, but it seems like something they'd be looking for, so it can't hurt to have it checked out.

Ava, I had a feeling you had been to hospital, Im glad they've got your medication sorted.

Truman glad you are ok now, it is scary having bleeding but lots of ladies do and go on to full term so best not to worry about it, I had some brown spotting around 11 weeks and then nothing else :hugs:

Ava sorry you have been in hospital but hats off to them for making your stay an enjoyable one! hope they get your meds right and you don't need to go back - keep resting as much as possilble :hugs:

Piemistress great news about your scan - do you have a pic for us? Good luck with the test results.

I had a really busy day yesterday, took DD to town yesterday to get her a new outfit for a party she is going to - neon theme, took me right back to the 80's LOL then did a load of gardening in the afternoon - put all my tomatoes and cucumbers into grow bags in the greenhouse and DH made a fab watering system for me with little watering cans on top of pillars and tubing going into the bags so I don't need to bend down - bless him!! It is re-useable for next year too!

He has fitted the carpet and made up the wardrobe in our nursery and we are going to put up the cot and the curtains today :wohoo: I will post pics later!

I am feeling really well at the moment just get a lot of backache but I spose that is to be expected!! Only 3 weeks (15 days) left to work now and my replacement starts a week on Monday so I will have a lovely restful time for the last 2!! :happydance:

Good for you to getting the veggies in!! Sounds like your nursery is nearly done now. Maybe its the thought of maternity leave thats giving you an extra boost of energy, lol, not long now!

Wow, that sounds pretty productive Gol!

I've spent the last two days driving up to & back from Scotland, getting the last of my stuff from my ex's house. It's good to know I've got all that sorted out before I get too large to do stuff! The Bean must have liked the vibrations from the car, s/he was pretty docile for the journey.

Just nipped out to buy a ceiling fan for the bedroom, so that the OH can actually come to bed to sleep, rather than sitting on the sofa downstairs grumbling all night.

No progress on our nursery yet. It's full of boxes of books that I've moved, I need to get bookshelves sorted out asap. I think we're subconsciously waiting until after tomorrow's scan (pink? blue? alien green?).

Ooohh, gender scan, how exciting, I think mines an alien now you come to mention it, hhhmmmnnn???
The driving to and from Scotland sounds really tiring TBH, but I guess it had to be done.
Hope tomorrow goes well and baby is cooperative.

Welcome Lds39. I'm due at the beginning of November too. My scan is on 24th June - when is yours?

Avabear - good luck at the hospital. What does 4/5 palpable mean? Sorry I should probably know these things!

Golcarlilly - yay 16 days!! Wow that time has gone by quickly!

Hi Polaris: Spooky my scan is on June 24th as well.... Cant wait although am quite nervous. Dont they call this the Anomoly scan!?
!

Hi Polaris: Spooky my scan is on June 24th as well.... Cant wait although am quite nervous. Dont they call this the Anomoly scan!?
!
They call it the anomaly scan, we all know it as the gender scan!

But I gather it does take quite a while, as they check the baby thoroughly and take loads of measurements etc. I'll let you all know how long mine took after tomorrow.

OOh what time is your scan?

Tell me to mind my own if you want but how come you had stuff at your exes? Scotland is a long drive I never drive on the motorway I am too chicken :blush:

Hi all:

Truman hope youre feelin a lot better...

Isnt it funny that even though these are the best days of our lives they are also the most worrying..
My latest worry is the size of my bump... its beginning but I guess I thought it should be bigger..
I know all ladies are different but I cant help worrying why / whats happening, am I eating the right things (prob not) etc.
I know I just need to get the scan so I can see Junior...

:)

Hi everyone.

Marley's girl - good luck with the scan tomorrow. I hope it all goes well for you. Let us know how it goes.

Lds - I don't really have much of a bump either. To be honest, I am not worried, I am just hoping that I don't get too big until later on. It's easier for getting stuff done (have a lot of redecorating to do!) and I'm going on hols in July so I'll be less tired if I'm not carrying a big bump around. It's also convenient for work because none of the clients have guessed that I am pregnant yet. Having said that, I do get the odd moment of wishing that I clearly looked pregnant.

Golcarlilly - wow you have been busy! And your DH sounds like he has been working his socks off too bless him. We really have to get in gear with the redecorating!

LDs39 just have a look at the bumps thread and you will feel better, some ladies show really early and others hardly at all even by full term!!

Hi all

Thank you so much for all your welcome messages! I apologise for not replying sooner - I haven't been online since I left this message (I'm so busy at work and been away for a few days). Actually, I went to see Take That in Coventry and have fallen in love with Jason and Gary all over again. :wohoo: he he

Anyway, back to reality... got my scan tomorrow. Am really scared as I've been as rough as toast for the last 5 weeks with morning sickness and two days before the scan and since then no sickness! I know I should be glad but it was strangely comforting. I'm half excited and half petrified but I bet everyone feels like that.

I'm hoping to try to get online more often this week so I can catch up again with what everyone's up to. Hope you're all feeling well xx

Good luck with the scan tomorrow - I know exactly what you mean, it is so exciting but so scary as well! I'm sure everything will be fine though - looking forward to seeing pics.

Thank you Polaris. Just started guzzling water now in preparation. I'm already in need of a wee and I've still got about 2 hours to go til the scan. :eek:

I might have to ask your advice later about how to put scan pics on here.

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/20weekscan.jpg

It's a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scan went fine. All his measurements check out okay, no problems.

Congrats Marleysgirl!! That's a really cute scan! Now you can go serious shopping LOL.

Meerkat - hope yours went well :)

Hi ladies

Well that's me done with work ... spoke to the midwives yesterday and today and they both felt that it was time for me to stop, and look after baby. Just take it easy and try to keep the BP down. So I went to the GP who has signed me off for 3 weeks, which takes me up to my finishing date of 3rd July (then I have 3 weeks holidays and 2 weeks ML).

I'll call my work tomorrow and tell them, probably will go in on Wednesday to tidy up my desk and hand in my line ... then that's me. Feels weird but I do think it's the right thing for baby ... the BP tablets are just knocking me out!!!

TBH I don't think they'll let me go to 40 weeks anyway with the BP being high so I might not have 2 months before baby comes, but I feel better because I feel like I'm doing what's best for baby (and me). I can be a bit silly about these things and do more than I probably should but at the weekend I just thought that if someone else was in my position I'd be telling them to stop working and take it easy. So finally at the ripe age of 35, I might actually be learning to take my own advice! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->