'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Tillymum thanks, it's so good to know someone has the same as me with no problems - i haven't come across anyone else on here with them yet!

Gosh it is busy on here these days I can hardly keep up!

I love maltesers too but my major craving is sherbert fruits - only the Adsa's own ones though they are the best - really fizzy - yummy!!

I am 40 in July, I think Kiki is older but not sure she has posted on here for a while?
I was told the other day by 3 people that I don't look my age so feeling really good :)

Have a fab time tillymum - such a lovely area. Trying to book a few days away there at the end of July (cornwall / devon that is - we've got a week in dorset at the beginning of august) - not having much luck finding anywhere to stay though - our own fault for leaving it late to book I spose! Enjoy!

Hi Girls :hi:

Have been dipping in and out of the thread the past couple of nights but not time to write a decent reply which is crap! Been a mixture of things; working late, cycling home (takes an hour, or longer with a big headwind like today!), packing for hols (whoop) and getting stuff sorted for the bathroom which is getting overhauled when we are away (another whoop!)

Not sure where to start with everybody's news!! Wish I could keep this message up on my screen and scroll back through the most recent pages (?).

We finally told my parents on Sunday (after my nuchal/dating scan on Friday) and they were v.shocked/v.happy/v.teary (!!) It was all a bit emotional! My mum had made prawn cocktail which I just didn't fancy (very unlike me) and she asked why and I just blurted it out "we're having a baby!!" and pulled out the scan pics! At this point myself, OH, mum and dad all had a wee blub!!! They never though they'd be grandparents (and my little brother isn't likely to give them any in the near future!), it was really lovely though and I know they will help us all they can (even though i'm knocking on 37 and my OH is 40!).

tillymum - have a fab holiday! we are off to France on Saturday for 2 weeks which I can't wait for :) Not mentioning all the nice cheese & wine I'll have to give a wide berth to though :( Will tell work & friends when we get back (will be 16w+ by then so probably obvious!, my clothes are already tight and hols packing has been a nightmare!)

I'm still taking FA, will probably finish the packet then stop. I did look at other vitamins and they are too big for me to swallow!

Chocolate is always good in any shape or form (today I had a milky way and some buttons but the salmon with salad and potatoes would have counter-acted those!)

Good luck everybody who has scans coming up!! I'm already counting down the days till 31st July when I get my 20 week scan :)

Hope you are all well and happy, sorry I can't write individual wee messages - serves me right for not posting for a few days!! Will be even worse when I get back after a fortnight!

I really enjoy this thread, as tansey says it's a really reassuring (and happy!) place to be!

Pie xx

Have nice hol piemistress see you when you get back. I have been hanging around for days replied to a couple of message but don't feel great and really tired. Can't believe you cycle home how healthy are you !!!

Have great holidays PieMistress and Tillymum!

Truman hope you feel better soon!

Piemistress and Tillymum hope you both have fab holidays and the sun shines for you! Piemistress must have been lovely to tell your parents :hugs:

Two weeks today till I finish work :wohoo:

Congrats on telling the folks piemistress - how lovely :cry: my parents had a similar reaction! its lovely isnt it! Have a fab holiday. Very impressed with the cycling too!

Hope you feel better truman. hopefully the tiredness should wear off soon.

God what a chaotic week! OH ill with manflu (though he thought it was swineflu), found a cat and kittens living in our shed and had to get cats protection people to evict them (involving pulling everything out of the shed, 50 years worth of stuff from previous owners, half of it still in the garden to be taken away by council - neighbours kids coming round crying as they wanted to keep the kittens (they might adopt them later when they're old enough), I was crying, kittens escaping and chasing them round the garden, it was mad....) now today OH arranged for someone to come and make preparations for fitting a wood burning stove (something he's always wanted), they have turned up today after telling us yesterday (!), then it turns out OH hadnt been clear about what he'd agreed, I thought we were keeping our stone fireplace but it had been agreed to take it all out, so now the guy is pulling our living room apart to leave a massive gap of bricks on the living room wall (about the only room we'd actually decorated!) which I hadnt planned on at all !!! Arrghhh!!!! :grr: :grr: :grr:
And OH is refusing to do any decorating as he gets totally stressed with any DIY so we have to try and get decorators in, but then he books clients in and we cant actually agree any days/times to be able to get people in, so it looks like being September before we can get decorating done!!!

I need a holiday! (oh and for OH to actually do some house stuff!)

Hope everyone is having a less stressful friday than me! and a good weekend!

Ellie don't tell my DH you are getting a wood burning stove cos he has been hankering after one for years too!! He has single handedly done up most of our house this year and I am so grateful but I really don't want one cos I know who willl end up cleaning and lighting it!!!

Aww to the cat and kitties, are you going to have one? is she a feral cat or just one who strayed off to give birth?

Hi all

Wow loads of posts since yesterday!

Tillymum - You're coming to the sunny southwest! I'm in Devon (although originally from Leics). I hope you have a fab holiday. And Cornwall is just lovely.

Ellie - Now and again I book a weekend away with DH as a surprise so he can surf/windsurf and we've stayed in some lovely places. Tripadvisor.co.uk is handy but if I can help with some local knowledge just ask.
PS My OH is really terrible at DIY and I have to do it all myself! Or watch the shelves and curtain poles fall from the walls... :rofl:

Pie - I had tears when I read about you telling your parents. :cry: It's such a lovely thing isn't it. Ha I'm just soooo emotional these days, I'm never normally like this!
PS Very impressed with the cycling home! I have a bike. It sits in the shed. I'd take it out but its busy keeping the lawnmover company.. :)

Truman - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Enjoy your hols everyone who's going away, I'm v jealous!

I'm gong to meet Olivia tomorrow, can't wait!! :happydance:

Ellie don't tell my DH you are getting a wood burning stove cos he has been hankering after one for years too!! He has single handedly done up most of our house this year and I am so grateful but I really don't want one cos I know who willl end up cleaning and lighting it!!!

Aww to the cat and kitties, are you going to have one? is she a feral cat or just one who strayed off to give birth?

heheh, my oh has as well, he just more or less decided he was having one and went ahead and arranged it! Luckily I'm useless at lighting fires so he will be the one maintaining it! I was a bit concerned about having one with LO around but hey I guess people used to have them (and open fires!) and you just have to be careful as with any kind of fire.
I would have loved to have them - I love cats and really miss having them, me and my ex had two and they were fantastic, it was heartbreaking having to give them away when we split up :cry::cry::cry: so I think it reminded me of that a bit .... OH doesnt like cats though and also thought it wasnt a good time with LO coming (the cats protection woman said that too). Also she said they don't allow people who work full time to adopt kittens as it's unfair to them (they can have adult cats though). It seems to be a pet cat thats eitehr been dumped or gone off to give birth, the neighbours kids had been asking around but no-one admitted to it (well they wouldnt if they had dumped her would they :cry: ) , she was hostile at first but once I'd fed her a few times she let me stroke her and purred a bit. So they're now with the cats protection people and the next door neighbours might adopt the cat and/or a kitten or two so at least I can visit!
Anyone else have pets?

Oooh is there a 'team scan' tomorrow???

I agree, not the best time to get a kitten LOL, they are hard work! I had to give up a cat when I split with my ex too - completely heartbreaking, luckily the people who bought our house said they wanted him so he stayed where he was, I found out he had gone blind and later died about a year after though (he was very old) :cry: We have two cats now, both rescue ones, one from RSPCA and one from a local cat sanctuary, they are girls, Lily and Jasmine and I love them to bits :cloud9: hope they are not going to feel put out when LO arrives!!

Awww ..... :cry:
the neighbours kids had been calling the mummy kitten Lily!
Its one of the names I like for LO if a girl (after my grandmother) !!
My friend had 2 cats for years, she thought they would be wierd when she had her LO and they were a bit at first (a bit stroppy and going off a lot), she put those net things over her son's crib just in case. They soon got used to him though and are back to normal now.

2 weeks to go Gol, fab! I can recommend this lady of leisure thing, it's great :rofl:

Meerkat - hope you have lots of fun meeting Olivia tomorrow :) :baby:

Pie & Tilly - have great holidays :)

I'm chuffed today, got a great bargain. Saw the thread on the M&P starlite swing, I fancied it ages ago but couldn't really justify £100 ... reserved it as per instructions on that thread today, picked it up for the bargain price of £34.99! Am just fighting to stop myself from opening the box but it looks SOOO COOOL :happydance: I'm such a gadget freak, and you can plug your ipod into it and everything :rofl:

Aww Ellie you poor thing.

The cat stories make me sad. :cry:

We've got a ginger tabby (Claw) and I love him to bits. He was originally called Charlie but when he was little he was so naughty he got nicknamed the evil orange claw which became Claw. He's not evil now but still orange.
:p

Sorry Meercat I struggle to keep up with everyones scans and things :blush: !! Claw is a really cute name!

Sorry Meercat I struggle to keep up with everyones scans and things :blush: !! Claw is a really cute name!

Nooo honestly it's my fault, sorry, I was typing it at work :-= while I was doing something else and I wasn't thinking. It's not easy to keep track of who's up to what without checking back is it? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->