'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Labradors are my favourite breed of dog, I think they can "tell" too. We have 4 guinea pigs (which are gorgeous) and a dog who drives me absolutely crazy, he is good with the kids though.
Tansey, all the best for rommorow, the fact your cervix is closed has to be good news.
Gol, your husbands elbow sounds sore, hope the medicines sort it for him, my daughter had that in her knee a few weeks ago, we still dont know how she did it!!
Truman, glad your mw appt went well, your OH sounds soooooo excited!

Tansey - good luck for tomorrow, sounds llike good news so far :)

Gol - that sounds really painful! I was flinching a bit reading that!

Ellie - greyhounds make great pets. Really affectionate and bright. But getting settled with the baby first is definitely the right idea, can you imagine the chaos of a newborn and trying to train a dog?! Scary!

Had a lovely morning, visited my brothers new baby Olivia. She's gorgeous. I still find it unbelievable to think I'm growing one of my own!!

Ah and I looooove all the pet pics :bunny: must get one of Claw for you to see.

Tansey - Hope everything is ok tomorrow. x

Ok here are my kitties,Lily is the black and white one and Jasmine is the ginger one

Gol - Claw looks like a male version of Jasmine! :awww: I'll sort out a pic on Monday - got some on my pc at work.

Meerkat - it's really cool that your LO will have a cousin so close in age. I have 2 the same age as me, one born a month earlier and one born three months later. It was great when we were growing up.

Tansey - hope everything is going OK today :hugs:

Ava, I know it's great isn't it! I'm not sure if I'll go on to have any more so I'm pleased LO will have a playmate. My friend is one of about 20 cousins who grew up near to each other and now all their children are the same sort of age and play together too. :bike:

I'm getting nasty headaches a lot at the moment, I've tried drinking lots of water incase I'm dehydrated but it doesn't really help. Has anyone else found this? It might not be anything to do with pregnancy but it seems a bit odd as I've never really suffered with headaches before. I haven't taken any pills though, I rarely take them anyway and now I'm pg I don't think i'm supposed am I?

PS My sister was offered paracetamol for labour pains when she first arrived at the hospital!!! Seems harsh..

Meercat, I had loads of headaches early on in my PG, just take paracetamol and make sure you drink loads, they can be worse if you are dehydrated, it is just your hormones causing them!

Tansey you ok hun?

Andy is still feeling really ill so we have just been resting today, sat in the garden for a while and played scrabble with DD it has been gorgeous here!

Gol - Thank you, these hormones have a lot to answer for LOL!

Hope your man gets better soon. The weather has been gloooorious today hasn't it.

When I was at the antenatal class last week they spoke about paracetamol for labour pains ... mostly it doesn't even get rid of headaches for me so I'm not optimistic LOL. I often just slept headaches off, because I usually take ibuprofen which is a big no no. I think once or twice I took one paracetamol which took the edge off, but I didn't really want to because I read that taking paracetamol in 3rd tri (on a regular basis) could make the baby wheezy so I was a bit wary. Thankfully now that I don't work the headaches (and the PGP) have eased, maybe the headaches were to do with tiredness as well?

Thankfully now that I don't work the headaches (and the PGP) have eased, maybe the headaches were to do with tiredness as well?

That's possible Ava, I must admit I usually feel better after a sleep. Perhaps a few early nights might be in order too!

PS Sorry it's a bit late but here's Claw...

Attachments

• IMGP0530.jpg
    IMGP0530.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1
Tansey hope everything went ok today, let us know how you got on.

Meerkat glad visit went well, bet you are even more excited now (if that is possible).

Golcar, hope you hubbys elbow gets better soon, sounds painful.

I have had a lot of headaches as well, best to just keep topped up with fluids and get plenty of rest. Suffered from migraines for years so if they get bad I just go to bed and sleep it off. LO must have been doing a lot of growing yesterday I was sooooo tired slept all afternoon from about 2-6 got up had a drink slept again till bout 10 then went to bed and woke up at 7 this morning. OMG bit of a waste of a day but feel better for it today. Had my afternoon nap (bout an hour) this afternoon, wonder if they will let me have an afternoon nap at work tomorrow :rofl:

We were supposed to tell the kids today about the baby and swear them to secrecy we called a family meeting and ended up watching the film 300 cause when it came to it I didn't know what to say and was a little worried about the reaction. OH was quite excited bout it, bout him a fathers day card he was chuffed to bits but feel bit sorry for him now cause the moment has gone.

It is my 40th b/day party next week think I want to get that out of the way first. Been planning it for months and now it looks like being a great event and I can't even have a drink :cry: Never mind.

Meerkat - Claw is really cute!! Love the eyes closed ... awww!!

Truman - migraines are the worst, I got them before I fell pregnant, I was like you, often just tried to sleep them off, sometimes it's the only way. :sleep:

Glad you had a good sleep yesterday, sometimes I think we just need it, baby must need it or something! Hubby is hoping baby is like me "a good sleeper" LOL.

Do you have another time in mind to tell the kids about the baby?

Truman - Shame about not being able to :wine: at your party - although at least you'll be able to remember it!! :rofl: Bless!

Saw my MW today and thought I was going in for the usual BP test etc but I also heard LO's heartbeat!! :baby: It was amazing! So loud and strong. And bless her, she let me record it on my phone so I can listen to it whenever I want. She said I can come in any time I want to hear it. I love her!

It's amazing to hear the heartbeat, especially the first time! It's so exciting and how cool that you got to record it!!! And no matter how many times you hear it, it never gets old! :cloud9:

When I was in hospital recently, the MW listened to it with a sonicaid, (one of the few times I wasn't on the monitor) and baby got hiccups! I have never heard anything so cute in all my life. The heart would thump away and every few seconds there was this little hic ... even the midwife was excited, she said she didn't want to turn the sonicaid off because she wanted to hear it! :rofl: :baby:

When I was in hospital recently, the MW listened to it with a sonicaid, (one of the few times I wasn't on the monitor) and baby got hiccups! I have never heard anything so cute in all my life. The heart would thump away and every few seconds there was this little hic ... even the midwife was excited, she said she didn't want to turn the sonicaid off because she wanted to hear it! :rofl: :baby:

Ahh that's sooo cute! No wonder the MW was excited too - I bet you were so proud!! :happydance:

Ava that is so cute about the hiccups!

Meerkat - that's fab that you got to hear the heartbeat, that's quite early, i didn't get to hear it till 16 week appointment. Your midwife sounds lovely.

Truman - I did a good bit of sleeping a bit like that in the first trimester, I was just exhausted all the time. I do feel much more normal since about 14 or 15 weeks. Happy 40th birthday - you won't be able to drink, but at least you'll be able to celebrate being pregnant with your little one! I felt so happy to be pregnant on my birthday that it honestly didn't bother me at all not drinking. And a little glass of champagne wouldn't hurt you or baba, just to celebrate your 40th!!

Polaris - It's your appointment tomorrow isn't it? You must be so excited :happydance:

Truman - I agree with Polaris a glass of champagne might be the answer for your 40th, and then next year a big 'wet the baby's head'! x

When I went to the Dr just before Christmas to tell him I was pregnant, he asked me if I drank and I said "not really, but definitely not now" and he laughed and said, "a glass of champagne at Christmas isn't going to kill anybody" LOL. So you could happily toast your 40th with a clear conscience :) And if anyone says anything just tell them it's non alcoholic ... we won't tell ;)

Polaris - It's your appointment tomorrow isn't it? You must be so excited :happydance:

Thanks! I am really excited but beginning to feel nervous again too. Of course baby has picked today to not really move around very noticeably at all. I'm sure he/she has just changed position so I'm not feeling the movement, but I can't help feeling worried. I know that it is only natural to be worried but I will be glad when the scan is over and I know that everything is definitely OK with baby. I also worry in case the scan shows that there is anything medically wrong, but I know that I will deal with that if it happens. I'll fill you all in tomorrow evening anyway!!

:hugs: polaris i'm sure all will be fine. keep us posted!
happy 40th truman (slightly early i know) how exciting to have a party coming up! you will still have a fab time even without the booze ... and think how much you will enjoy that one glass if you have it :happydance:

well, after loads of rushing about after workmen and a LOT of dust, we got our new fire ... now just plastering to get done, tidy up painting, get a mantelpiece and new flooring, and that room's done (gulp)

Attachments

• IMG_8367.jpg
    IMG_8367.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8369.jpg
    IMG_8369.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads