'Older Mums' buddies thread!

LOL i am ALWAYS on here at work!! Mind you today will be the last day cos on Monday my replacement is starting and I will be training her for my last two weeks so will have to catch up in the eves till my Mat Leave starts - god knows how I am gonna cope without everyone for two whole working weeks :cry:

Gol - Before you know it you'll be at home and free to pop in whenever you want! :happydance:

I love this thread and if I can't log in during the day I usually try to see what's going on in the eves. Funny, my Dads always said I'm too scared I'll miss something.. I think he's prob right :haha:

Me too ha ha, can't bear to think I don't know everything that is going on LOL!!

Wow only two weeks left at work, golcarlilly!!!
I'm sure you are really looking forward to finishing up at this stage!

Evening ladies :wave:
I'm off to see the consultant in the morning.
I've had a terrible day and evening - pains in my hips, back, bottom and thighs and then this afternoon some blood when i wiped. I've had to take paracetamol but it's done nothing.
I'm remaining positive coz I truly believe this baby was meant to be. I can put up with the terrible pain as long as the bleeding doesn't progress.
Hopefully I'll be back to my cheery self tomorrow with good news for you all!

Sending a bozie (scottish word for hug) down your way tansey xx

Evening everybody. Great day today met MW she was absolutely fantastic my hour appointment took 1hr 20 she was so happy & cheery (obviously loves her job!) although this is my 3rd it will be my OH's 1st baby and she chatted away to him and gave him lots of books to read, he was chuffed to bits. (Sat next to me now reading bits from all the books saying things like "did you know this and look at that, awhh look at this and have you seen how big he is now, got fingers and toes you know!! so sweet!):hugs:

Sorry to hear you are not well Tansey, hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow. I am sure it will I hope they can do something for the pain :hug:

Golcarlilly how lucky are you two weeks to go! feels like an eternity till I get even close.:happydance:

Meerkat, you will be able to get a great baby fix tomorrow, enjoy your day with your new neice.:happydance:

Ellie, we have a real coal fire had it fitted 2 years ago, it is fantastic in winter gives off lots of heat and like all men OH thinks he is the best "fire lighter" ever! Would recommend it too we have ours ready even now better than switching on central heating when you just want to heat one room on a cold night.

Avabear, how good are you? I would have had the swing up and running trying it out can't help myself and can't wait to buy something, anything!

Don't know if I have mentioned before but we have a labrador he is 5 and such a lovely dog, he follows me around like a puppy these days when I get in from work and is sooooooo pleased to see me and in a morning he jumps around in circles like a puppy chasing his tail, loyality and unconditional love isn't it great. Think he knows you know, he has always been well behaved but sometimes I catch him just watching me and when I sit down he sits next to me and waits till I tell him it is ok to go on his bed.

:hugs: tansey, thinking of you and am sure all will be okay - rest up and drink water and hope the consultant is helpful tomrorow, could it be the fibroids that might cause a bit of bleeding? Hoping that all will be well :hugs:

Truman - I'm not that good, the swing is now up - just need to get some batteries. It's pretty cool, and a great bargain!

They say animals do know when a woman is pregnant (I guess maybe they can smell a hormonal change?). Our dog is an absoloute sweetheart, I can't wait to see what she's like with the baby!

We should share pet photos ladies! :)

Ok here are my kitties,Lily is the black and white one and Jasmine is the ginger one

Attachments

• Lily.JPG
    Lily.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Lily and Jas going out.JPG
    Lily and Jas going out.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Jas.JPG
    Jas.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
Are we talking pets? :D

We got these two from rescue about a month ago - young brothers. The black one is called Matt, and his tabby brother is Tigs!

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/ABCD0018.jpg

Loving the pet pictures girls! We don't have any pets yet, I would love a dog or a cat though or preferably both! Maybe after I'm in a routine with LO.

Tansey - so sorry to hear you are not so well, glad to hear you are staying positive though, good luck with the consultant tomorrow, I really hope the bleeding settles down for you.

Truman - glad your mw appt went so well. Your OH sounds like a sweetie - he sounds really excited about the pregnancy, bless him.

I love the pet pics! I'm such an animal person ... here's our little furry brood:

First our 11.5 year old cavalier king charles, Lucy - she has a very advanced heart condition and she wasn't predicted to live past 9, but she's still here :cloud9:

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/elaine181000/BNB/DSCF4548.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/elaine181000/BNB/Lucy3.jpg

And we also have 2 bunnies, a girl and a boy ... they are like an old married couple, they are quite eccentric and we love them to bits! I'm trying to find sensible pictures of them but they always seem to be doing something daft like lying all over each other ... LOL ...

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/elaine181000/BNB/DSCF0052.jpg

The one nearest the front is Daisy, she's a lot smaller than Harvey but without a doubt she's the boss. Harvey is daft as a brush but he's so cute! We got Daisy first, but we thought she'd get lonely so we got Harv. He had huge ears and feet but we were assured that he would end up the same size as Daisy. However he then proceeded to grow into his ears and feet and he's massive in comparison. Funny though, he's totally submissive to Daisy and actually shoves his face under her chest so that she'll hump his face ... honestly they are both mad, and funny as anything!!!

Awwwwwwww!!!

They are all soooooooo gorgeous!!!!! you must be so proud of them girls!

I so want a cat or a dog! I'd love a rescue greyhound, about the only animal I can get OH to agree on (although hes always wanted a parrot! but I dont like keeping caged birds) maybe as polaris said next year when things have settled a bit.
I think its great to bring up kids with animals around, my parents always had dogs, I think it really helps them to respect animals and be used to them. I dont agree that (as some say) you should get rid of your pets before you have a baby as it's 'dangerous' (ok some breeds might be ... my brother has a staff for example, I wouldn't want my baby around him even though hes a lovely dog he's soooo strong and boisterous and spoiled rotten) but mostly i think its a good thing and very natural.

Ahhh I don't have any animals :( but it is noce to look at all your cute ones!

Didn't get a scan today but got to go back tomorrow and will get blood test results as well. My cervix is closed which is good - there's still hope!

Lovely pets everyone!

Tansey good luck for tomorrow :hugs:

I have been to the hospital today but for DH not me, his elbow swelled up reallly bad at tea time yesterday and it turns out he has bursitis, an inflammation of one of the layers of skin - he has loads of pain and a swelling the size of a tennis ball :shock: they have given him antibiotics and ibuprofen and co-codamol, hope it clears up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->