'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Nice stove Ellie! :D

Good luck for tomorrow Polaris (not that you need it). Are you finding out the team colour? I can't remember, sorry!

Ellie - very nice! :)

Polaris - good luck for tomorrow, try not to worry, often babies just have quiet days, I know our LO has (normally followed by a vey active day!). And I know they get tired when we do too. Let us know how you go! :)

Polaris - all the best for the scan tomorrow, I remember my baby having quiet spells of several days at a time.
Ellie - the fireplace looks lovely, makes me look forward to winter and snow.

Has anyone heard from Tansey?

OOh Ellie your fire is fab (must hide this page from DH at all costs LOL!!)

Polaris - Good luck today. I understand how you feel I'll be exactly the same at my next scan. But I'm sure it will all be fine and I bet you get some great pics! :hugs:

Ellie - Love the stove. It looks great against the red. :thumbup:

Hope everyone is well. The sun shines like a hot shiney thing and I'm stuck at work and frankly I'm not very pleased about it. :hissy:

Roll on next summer - it better be a good one!!!

The sun shines like a hot shiney thing and I'm stuck at work and frankly I'm not very pleased about it.

Nothing worse than being stuck at work on a fine day. :hugs: A nice summer would be grand for next year ... fingers crossed!

Last night it was really close and I just couldn't settle, there didn't seem to be any fresh air. Got windows wide open today ... hoping for a cooler night. Thank goodness I'm not at work, it's like an oven even on "normal" days. :dohh:

Last night it was really close and I just couldn't settle, there didn't seem to be any fresh air.

Yes it was really muggy and I too had all the windows open! And I had the most bizarre dreams. In one, my next door neighbour blow dried my hair into a huge ball of frizz and I couldn't get my straigheners through it!! Nightmare. :rofl:

I've noticed that when I get too hot at night I tend to have very vivid dreams!

I was glad to be at work for once yesterday afternoon cos we have air con, when I got home it was just stifling hot!!

Hi ladies. Just back from my scan. It was so fantastic. Baby actually looks like a baby now!! So pleased and happy.

I didn't get great pictures though, to be honest I think my 12 week skeletor ones were better! Which isn't saying too much. I'll post them tomorrow when I get the chance.

The important thing is that we got to see baby and everything looks perfect! Afterwards, she marked 'genitals not visible' on my notes, so we couldn't have found out even if we wanted to.

Fantastic Polaris - can't wait to see the photo - though our 20-wk one wasn't terribly good either, I preferred the 12-wk piccie.

We get more piccies on Friday when I go for the research scan! I hope they don't change their mind about Bean's gender, I've just sold my pink babygros and bought blue ones!

Glad everything was ok Polaris, knew it would be but glad you feel better.

Elle stove looks fab OH is trying to talk me into one for the other room, keeps wittering about when Russia switch the gas off :rofl: Love my coal fire specially at Christmas you can't beat it.

Hope everyone else is ok, this weather is a killer we don't have aircon at work and there are 17 of us in one office most days, glad we get along, but even so I daren't take my shoes off :rofl::rofl:

Hi ladies. Just back from my scan. It was so fantastic. Baby actually looks like a baby now!! So pleased and happy.

I didn't get great pictures though, to be honest I think my 12 week skeletor ones were better! Which isn't saying too much. I'll post them tomorrow when I get the chance.

The important thing is that we got to see baby and everything looks perfect! Afterwards, she marked 'genitals not visible' on my notes, so we couldn't have found out even if we wanted to.

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
fantastic!!!
team yellow it is then?
did they say how big he/she is now?

The sun shines like a hot shiney thing and I'm stuck at work and frankly I'm not very pleased about it.

Nothing worse than being stuck at work on a fine day. :hugs: A nice summer would be grand for next year ... fingers crossed!

Last night it was really close and I just couldn't settle, there didn't seem to be any fresh air. Got windows wide open today ... hoping for a cooler night. Thank goodness I'm not at work, it's like an oven even on "normal" days. :dohh:

youre dead right .... :hissy: i end up being really snappy with people cause I want to be outside or in a cold bath or something!!! Luckily someone was leaving today, so we got to go and sit outside a pub for a bit, so that helped :)
thunder at the weekend I'm told?

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
fantastic!!!
team yellow it is then?
did they say how big he/she is now?

Thanks! She said he/she weighs 14 ounces, and is approximately 8 inches (not sure if that's from head to heel or crown-rump length though).

Im glad your scan went well, at my 20 week I asked the sonographer for 4 pics (thinking she would realise I wanted 4 different ones) and we got 4 the same and paid £4 per picture for the privelige, grrr and it wasnt the best pic either.
Did you want to know the gender or are you OK with not knowing?

No we were planning to stay on team yellow anyway. Although on the one hand I would love to know, on the other hand I really like the idea of having a surprise.

I have my midwife appointment tomorrow, looking forward to having a chat with her. I'm not sure if they will put my due date forward a bit as at my dating scan I was measuring two days ahead and I haven't seen the midwife since. To be honest, the later the estimated due date the better for me though, as I am quite worried about getting to 10 days overdue and having to battle against them wanting to induce me.

truman - LOL at your hubby, that's a cracker!! I am jealous of your coal fire, I would LOVE one, so cosy and comforting!

That's fab news Polaris - you must be sooo happy! Looking forward to the pics. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->