'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Hi everyone

What a gooooorgeous day. Shame I'm at work missing it all!

I apparently was the only person to notice their poster requesting volunteers and phone them on the enquiry line :rofl:

Marleysgirl, Ah bless, that made me laugh!!

Soon2b6 – Central heating eh? Mmmm toasty! :cold:

Avabear – it's good that they're keeping a close eye on you. Hope it all goes well on Friday.
PS Another one for the CD - what about ‘Push it’ Salt n Pepa

Well for a section I would hope you cant feel it, LOL.
When my 3rd was born he was born to the radio playing as it was a bit of a rush job!! anyway on the radio was "break out" by swing out sister (during the actual birth bit), totally unplanned but hysterically funny.
I like "push it" thats funny!!!

soon2b6 - Were you in hospital or did you have a home birth? x

I was in hospital, but they were a bit lax with checking up on me, so when they eventually did, I was ready to go.
It was even the mw choice of radio station, lol.

I was in hospital, but they were a bit lax with checking up on me

I don't like the sound of that very much. :shock: I'm not at all sure about this whole birth thing to be honest!

:hi: Can I join you ladies? I'm 38 and expecting my first. This little miracle is indeed a miracle as I was told my whole life (well since I was 16) that I wouldn't be able to conceive naturally. LOVE the fact I proved them wrong! :rofl:Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Hope all is well with everyone. :hugs:

:dohh: Sorry, forgot to mention I am due the 19th of Oct. Gotta love the pregnancy brain at times!!! :rofl:

It was the worst and best birth experience!! I was admitted in the early hours cause my waters had gone, but contractions didnt pick up past tightenings so I was admitted to the AN ward. The mw was told to monitor me but she didnt!! Painful ctx's started at about 11am and built and at about 3pm they were pretty strong and I had a little cry (bloody wimp!!) She ignored me cause there was another lady who was really making her presence felt. By about 5pm she remembered the monitoring and put me on the machine, it said I was contracting but no where near strongly enough (I just KNEW it was wrong!) I need the loo so I went then was put back on the monitor, lo and behold the straps had been in the worng position and were not registering the ctx's properly so she did a VE and I was about 9cms, I was wheeled upstairs, but the bed didnt fit through the doors so I had to walk anyway,lol. He was born with no complications within about 1/2 hour, no pain relief. It was the best experience because it made me feel like I could achieve anything. It was the worst cause my next baby had such problems he ended up being born by C/S and if that had happened with #3 he may have died.
Sorry that ended up being a 9 years out of date birth story!! I have had 2 sections since, and dearly want this to be a normal birth this time.
No one can say dont worry cause you will its human nature!! Find out as much as you can and believe you can do it.
Are you planning a home birth then? They sound so appealing.

congrats bubbness! and :wave:

just a quick q ladies re: the title of this thread ... someone mentioned on another thread they preferred 'mature' rather than 'older', cant remember who it was though sorry :blush: if anyone wants the title changed just say :)

Congrats Bubness and welcome to the thread! How are you finding the pregnancy so far?

Hey ladies, can I join you? I am 36, in my sixth week, fingers crossed that this one will be sticky. My first, but I've had a mc before 3 years ago. Got pregnant on second cycle off bcp.

Hi Spritey, Hi Bubness, welcome to the sane & sensible area of the B&B forum :D

Ellie, calling us "older" certainly doesn't bother me (and I'm one of the oldest, though it won't stay that way if Welshcob joins us!). Problem is, if you change it to "mature", then I'd have to leave - I'm still immature :rofl:

Hello Spritey, welcome and congratulations.
Ellie, Im fine with "Older" too, mature sounds like cheese, and I too am fairly immature, I embarrass my kids :D

It was the worst and best birth experience!! I was admitted in the early hours cause my waters had gone, but contractions didnt pick up past tightenings so I was admitted to the AN ward. The mw was told to monitor me but she didnt!! Painful ctx's started at about 11am and built and at about 3pm they were pretty strong and I had a little cry (bloody wimp!!) She ignored me cause there was another lady who was really making her presence felt. By about 5pm she remembered the monitoring and put me on the machine, it said I was contracting but no where near strongly enough (I just KNEW it was wrong!) I need the loo so I went then was put back on the monitor, lo and behold the straps had been in the worng position and were not registering the ctx's properly so she did a VE and I was about 9cms, I was wheeled upstairs, but the bed didnt fit through the doors so I had to walk anyway,lol. He was born with no complications within about 1/2 hour, no pain relief. It was the best experience because it made me feel like I could achieve anything. It was the worst cause my next baby had such problems he ended up being born by C/S and if that had happened with #3 he may have died.
Sorry that ended up being a 9 years out of date birth story!! I have had 2 sections since, and dearly want this to be a normal birth this time.
No one can say dont worry cause you will its human nature!! Find out as much as you can and believe you can do it.
Are you planning a home birth then? They sound so appealing.

Wow it just shows you, things can go so well but then again they can go so badly wrong too. I hope you get your normal birth this time round, fingers crossed. Is your midwife supportive?

Hey ladies, can I join you? I am 36, in my sixth week, fingers crossed that this one will be sticky. My first, but I've had a mc before 3 years ago. Got pregnant on second cycle off bcp.

Hi Spritey, congratulations on your pregnancy. The first few months is quite nerve racking isn't it? I've never had a m/c but I imagine it increases the worry. Really hope that everything goes very smoothly for you this time round.

Hi all.

Am 32 years old and new to B&B.

11+weeks so far and wishing the days away.

Had a miscarriage Jan'09 and hoping this one sticks!!!

Take care everyone x
:hug:

Hiya Ellie27, and welcome to the Older Mums (though you seem pretty young to me!)

Keeping fingers crossed for you, do you have your 12wk scan booked?

HI girls, sorry not been around this week, haven't had chance to read posts and catch up so hope everyone is ok?

3 more days to work then I shall be on maternity leave :happydance:

Welcome Bubness, Spritey and ellie27, always room for plenty here! :happydance:

I prefer older, mature just doesn't sound right, plus I'm really not mature at all LOL. :rofl:

Gol - :happydance: for 3 days to go!!

Another gorgeous day here and tennis on the telly this afternoon. I wish I had some kind of outdoor screen rigged up to watch Oor Andy but I'll have to come inside :hissy:! I remember when I was younger somehow my uncle rigged up a portable telly in the doorway of the shed and we all watched Wimbledon in the sunshine, it was great!! :happydance: Although that would have been in McEnroe & Connors time :blush:

And on a scary note I think at some point next week, my ticker goes to the last box... OMG. How did that happen? Wasn't that long ago that I was freaking out about the 12 week scan .... it's just mad :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->