'Older Mums' buddies thread!

yes, i'm sure she is, OH's mum keeps going on about 'well we just had to sit it out and hope for the best', i just wish she would just come out and say 'i want to come and see it' instead of all the vague messages!

Jaccib so sorry to hear about your mc's. :hugs:

Polaris - that's great about your boss, must have been a relief to get that out of the way :D

ellie - congrats on the scan! Cute pictures, and bonus for a freebie :happydance: My Mum is the same, I have a growth scan tomorrow and hubby can't get time off work :cry: ... she's desperate to see it but I'm quite happy going on my own, and I'm getting weirdly private about this stuff! If it's not hubby, it's not anyone ... a work colleague of mine was at the birth of her grandchild last week and that's lovely but I daren't mention it to my Mum, I've already told her that she won't be loitering in the hospital when I'm in labour (or theatre, depending) :rofl:

Fantastic scan photos Ellie :D Glad everything went well for you!

Not sure if they volunteer the sex here in Manchester, but we asked directly and got a direct answer. We then asked for confirmation at the research scan, and she pointed out that he'd got his bits on full display :D

:rofl: little exhibitionist!

whereas mine just insisted on showing us his/her bum !!

Whereas mine just insisted on showing us his/her bum !!

I think that's a brilliant scan pic Ellie, I haven't seen one like that before. LO will love that when he/she's older!

thanks! shame they didnt take the one of the bum waving about though .... just like his/her dad heheh

Hi everyone,

Jaccib sorry to hear bout your mc.

My party was good no-one knew I was pregnant, felt kind of exciting keeping the secret. My OH parents are back from holiday next week they are coming to visit to see the final stage of the house refurb, we are going to tell them then. Double wammy!!

Thinking of flying to Spain but will see, been looking at a couple of gites in France OH is happy to drive.

Got my 1st scan (private) a week on Monday 13th can't wait, they come in two's got my dating scan at hospital on 20th July.... hope my pics are as good yours.:happydance:

Glad everyone is ok can't believe the BP's tho my is 120/60, never really understood if that was good or bad, the only thing I do know is I wish I had lost some weight before I got pregnant, (haven't put on a Ib since in the last 8 weeks which is mostly due to ms and the constant bloating!) but the heat is a nitemare and having the fan on in the bedroom does my head in affects my already disrupted sleep pattern :sleep:.

Glad everyone is ok can't believe the BP's tho my is 120/60, never really understood if that was good or bad, the only thing I do know is I wish I had lost some weight before I got pregnant, (haven't put on a Ib since in the last 8 weeks which is mostly due to ms and the constant bloating!) but the heat is a nitemare and having the fan on in the bedroom does my head in affects my already disrupted sleep pattern :sleep:.

From what I understand, a BP of 120/60 is pretty good! I'm 120/80, which is apparently "absolutely normal".

We have to have our ceiling fan on at the highest speed to minimise the rattling noise, that's the only way I can sleep with it on! But, without it, I wouldn't sleep in this heat anyway ...

Hello everyone

Another hot weekend, I think I might actually melt if this continues much longer!!

Yesterday I had the three appointments, scan (10:30), BP (11:10) and ANC (11:40), which resulted in yet another hospital stay :dohh:

The scan went great ... baby still perfect and 50th percentile. Even more exciting was that baby HAS HAIR!!! The sonographer pointed it out, so cute and you can clearly see the fuzz in the picture I got :happydance:

Then I went to the BP appointment ... and waited, and waited ... 30 minutes after my appointment time I had to go to the front desk and tell them I was there, as I was now about to miss my ANC appointment, which I really didn't want to do (thankfully all 3 appointments were in the same building). Anyway they (ANC) decided to take me in then and see me, my BP was a little high but not ridiculously so, given how long I'd been waiting and how warm it had been. They spoke to the BP guy and said he'd see me when they were finished - I just had to wait outside. Anyway I went out, and again waited and waited ... finally, at 12:35, which was 1hr and 25mins AFTER my original appointment, I was seen. By this time I was livid, because there was no one left in the waiting room and he was actually taking in people who were well after me, and just leaving me to the end .... so when he took my BP, not surprisingly it was really high ... resulting in a quick conversation with the obstetrician, and an admission to have it settled down :hissy:

So I go down to the ward - and all the staff there are sooo nice, just really lovely - they take blood and when it comes back something is elevated which means I need to stay overnight till they check it out again (it was something to do with my liver I think, which can be an indicator for pre-eclampsia). They checked out the baby - who was great, happy as always! - took my BP which not too surprisingly was lower, but to lower it further they gave me a new drug (which I'm now on). The monitored me and then this morning they took more blood and were pleased that the level of whatever it was (check me with my technical knowledge LOL) has come back down, and let me go home. I don't need to see the MW tomorrow either, they are happy for me to see her on Tuesday as planned, she has to take bloods and BP again but that's it. Phew.

I have another appointment for a scan and ANC on 16th July, which will make me just short of 37 weeks, further than I thought I'd get with high BP! Baby is still breech, so still looking like a section, but other than that all's well that ends well I suppose :rofl:

PS - I would love a BP of 120/80 or 120/60 ... lucky ladies! :D

Hi Ava

Sorry to hear you had to have an overnight at the hospital. Hope you're ok and things stay calm for you now. :hugs:

Have you had high bp all the way through your pregnancy?

PS That's amazing about the hair in your scan pic I had no idea you could actually see it!

Ava - glad that you're home now and the BP has settled down again. That will be great if you make it to 37 weeks, fingers crossed that you can hang on in there. Baby might turn around yet too, you never know.

Well my news is that OH felt the baby moving for the first time last night! :happydance::happydance: Over the last couple of days, I've been getting proper kicks that are visible from the outside, it's so cool, I can happily sit and watch my belly moving for hours!! So last night, we were lying in bed and I just grabbed his hand and put it where baby was kicking, and for once, baby didn't immediately stop, LOL, and he got to feel two strong kicks! So happy that he's finally got to feel it too!!

Yay Polaris thats fantastic!!!! how lovely! Awwwww.
i still cant really feel anything myself so it might be a while before oh does - not sure hes that interested anyway though!

:grr: ava what a hassle .... no wonder your bp was up ..... dont they realise you have a life outside of their appointments??!! :grr: Glad you're okay now though!

My OH has been feeling baby for a couple of weeks now - not kicks as such, more the baby pushing back against his hand, and wriggling beneath his palm :happydance: He absolutely loves it :happydance:

Aw how lovely to be able to see and feel the kicks. It's still too early for me to even feel anything but I can't wait!

Meerkat - thanks, yep I've had high BP since before I got pregnant, although it's more erratic now than it was. Hopefully the new drug will keep it under control just for another couple of weeks ... if I can make it to 37 weeks I'll be overjoyed! It was such a shame because the ANC was running to time, the scan ran early ... but one person running really late just managed to derail everything! Ugh! I wouldn't even have minded if he'd come out and said he was running late, I could have gone for a cold drink in the cafe or something, but the waiting was just driving me nuts!!! LOL oh well, at least it all worked out for the best in the end. And we were thrilled about the hair, I had no idea either, and wouldn't have been any the wiser unless the sonographer had pointed it out, but it was so exciting, a precious detail about our baby!!

Polaris - how cool about feeling baby!! It's such a magical moment, I remember how hubby's face lit up (and still does!) when he felt his baby move for the first time :cloud9:

ellie - thanks, it was quite funny because by the time I went into the appointment I was so angry I couldn't trust myself to speak and he started to try and make small talk, which I hate at the best of times! He really brought out my sarcastic side as well, which has a habit of appearing when I'm p****d off LOL.

Just finished watching the tennis, gutted for Roddick, he wanted it so desperately. Talk about getting money's worth for tickets though .. what an epic!!!

I just saw this thread in the 2nd tri forum, hope you don't mind me posting. I'm 35 and expecting number 2 after a 5 yr gap! Look forward to getting to know you all!

Hi Janie0 Welcome! Mine's due in December too! :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"