'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Well, the researcher has been and gone ... they're looking to create a programme about how pregnancy affects women of different ages, and I think it's my age, prospective health risks and attitude to those risks that have them interested!

I should find out in the next couple of days whether my prelim interview and filming has them interested sufficiently to send the presenter & crew out to film properly. She said that they might be interested in filming around my next u/s scan (next Weds).

Will keep you all posted!

Ooo a famous thread member! how exciting! Keep us posted marleysgirl - we definitely want to see it!

meerkat so glad all went well! that's fab. from what i've heard/read about placentas they do tend to move, so i'm sure yours will. try not to worry about it, and definitely don't google ;)

well off to antenatal yoga class - it was quite fun last week, pretty gentle and relaxing compared to the yoga classes I used to go to! and she does a section at the end of 'baby talk', relaxing basically but sending thoughts of peace and love to your baby (! quite nice though and sends us both to sleep) Acer glad its helping your back, it really helps me to feel less stiff and my joints less achey too. I'm sure your nursery will be just fine!

And Golcarlilly ... (slightly in advance, but in case I don't get chance to come on here tomorrow!)

Happy Birthday to you!!!

Attachments

• birthday.jpg
    birthday.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 32
Congratulations on the scan Meerkat, lovely pics too, glad that all is going well with baby, I think that low-lying placentas generally move up so you definitely shouldn't worry yet.

Marleysgirl - that is exciting about the TV! Keep us informed if they do decide to film you!

Acer - we are about the same stage and I have nothing done on the nursery either. We are changing all the windows upstairs and dry-lining the walls (hopefully over the next few weeks, fingers crossed) so I can't start any decorating till that's done. Time is starting to go by really quickly though, yikes, I hope I get everything done in time!!

Can I join in? I am 39 and newly pg with our 2nd and my 3rd. My 2nd DD went to heaven so very caution this time around.

Hey Polaris I have found you thanks for the PM earlier. LOL

Happy Birthday golcarlilly!! have a lovely day!

Meerkat...nope, no probs if it turns out to be a girl...not a big fan of pink and fru-fru anyway so the lil princess will grow up in jeans and t-shirts! *makes note to REALLY check the scene between the legs at next scan!!!

polaris...think I'm about a week behind you at 25+2 today.

OH is home now with stomach flu...hopefully I don't re-catch it, have been stearing clear of him and been using the guest bathroom and have been washing my hands every chance I get. lol.(HATE getting intimate with the bog!!)

Hi Csunshine! newbie here too!

Gol - Happy Birthday to yoohoo! :cake:

Acer - Hmmm I know what you mean, I'm not really a girly girl either. I think if I have a pink baby she'd prob be a little tomboy rather than a princess. But yer never can tell!!

Hi Csunshine and welcome :hi:

Been thinking more and more about my marginal placenta. I hope it goes up and doesn't slip down further. I was a fool yesterday and caved in to Google and scared myself a bit with what I read.

On a good note, I'm pretty sure now that it is :baby: that I can feel moving. I wasn't certain before but its getting stronger and its in the right place! How splendid! Ooh and I've just noticed I've moved into a new ticker box too
:wohoo: :wohoo:

Hi Csunshine, good to meet you.
That central ticker box felt so significant to me, times marching on!!!
My cousin had a low placenta but it did move (however when she delivered a HUUUUUGE 10lb 4 whopper I think she wished it hadnt!!) I think they do usually move out of the way, as your uterus grows it grow up with the natural expansion (I think) hope yours does for you.
Happy birthday Gol.

HI everyone, thanks for the birthday wishes :) I had a lovely day, had visitors on and off all day and we went out for lunch to a local pub, got some lovely pressies and really enjoyed myself despite being so bloody old :rofl:

Here is a pic of me on the big 40 yesterday!

Attachments

• Me at 38 + 6 for bnb.jpg
    Me at 38 + 6 for bnb.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 6
Old? Old? You're still two months younger than me!!!!!!!!!!

That central ticker box felt so significant to me, times marching on!!!
My cousin had a low placenta but it did move (however when she delivered a HUUUUUGE 10lb 4 whopper I think she wished it hadnt!!) I think they do usually move out of the way, as your uterus grows it grow up with the natural expansion (I think) hope yours does for you.
Happy birthday Gol.

Thanks Soonie, Eek a 10lb 4 baby :nope: not for me thanks!!

Gol - Great pic, glad you had a nice day. You'll quickly get used to being 40 and just think the next biggie isn't for 10 whole years :happydance:

"Soon2b6 - Do you usually see an osteopath? Or just during your pregnancy?"

I havent managed to work out how to quote just a bit of a post but the above was by meerkat. No not generally, just 'cause I wonder if the c/sects could have been due in a small part to pelvic/spine misalignment??? Clutching at straws maybe???

"Soon2b6 - Do you usually see an osteopath? Or just during your pregnancy?"

I havent managed to work out how to quote just a bit of a post but the above was by meerkat. No not generally, just 'cause I wonder if the c/sects could have been due in a small part to pelvic/spine misalignment??? Clutching at straws maybe???

Ha maybe you are hoping!! :rofl: PS You can just delete the parts you don't want.

Gol - Happy birthday for yesterday glad you had a good day, you don't look your age hun!

Well I'M OFFICIALLY ON MATERNITY LEAVE:yipee::yipee::wohoo::wohoo:

Can I join in? I am 39 and newly pg with our 2nd and my 3rd. My 2nd DD went to heaven so very caution this time around.

Hey Polaris I have found you thanks for the PM earlier. LOL

Hey Csunshine - really good to see you here! This is a lovely thread and all the girls here are great. It's nice that people are at different stages too. Looking forward to chatting more over the course of your pregnancy!

Congrats on maternity leave Tillymum!

Lovely picture Gol, you don't look 40 as others have said. I'm glad you had a nice day. Not too much longer to go now!!

:rofl: nice to see everyone in good spirits!!! gol - glad you had a good birthday, you look fab!
:wave: csunshine nice to see you!
just a quicky as am off to cornwall, exeter and dorset for the next week - just managed to sort out mobile broadband so 'might' be able to get online but doubt I will be allowed near BnB on our hol :rofl: its meant to be for 'emergency' directions, weather and things to do haha! Have a great weekend and week everyone (hooray tillysmum, you're now on long vacation!)

Thanks for the lovely welcome so honored to be here!

Gol you look beautiful!

I see Im pretty early around here hope your all doing well. I don't have much to report other than dr put me on progesterone suppositories twice a day and that they suck! My @@'s are sore but that will soon go away. I get my u/s on Aug 26th so not much of a wait.

Have a great day!

Ellie, tell him that it's vital for your well-being that you stay in touch with all of us :rofl:

I hope you get nice weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"