'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Good morning ladies oh my Gol your getting very close! Good luck I bet your so excited!

Marley don't worry about the program I am sure it will great when ever it shows! Great scan pic!

Polaris how are you today?

I know there are many other ladies on here but I am having pregnancy brain and can't remember anything sorry.

Hi ladies - can I join?

My name is Vicky and I am 36 and 13 weeks pregnant with twins. I had my second scan on monday and all looks fine - I got some fab NT measurements (1.1mm and 1.4mm) but am now having a real stress about the blood results (boo)

I know that bloods arent accurate for multiples and my age puts me automatically in high risk blah blah but keep jumping out of my skin when my phone goes!!!!

AAAARRGGHHHHH - just when you jump a hurdle you have the next one to stress over.

Anyway sorry not a very cheery first post on this thread I am usually a lot more upbeat and positive but today is a worrysome day.

On a good note I had a cup of coffee today I have avoided it totally in first tri but am going to have one cup a day from now on - pure bliss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to chat to you soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Vicky and welcome, the first twins on the thread as far as Im aware.
Sorry your blood tests are giving you hassle, such a shame after a good NT result.
Enjoy your coffee!! :)

Hey ladies,
how is everyone today?

Well I have been exhausted all week. It is like my first trimester tiredness is back with a vengeance. It is hard to get through the day at work and all I want to do when I get home is snooze. I think baby must be having a growth spurt at the moment. The spots are back too, boo, they had cleared up completely, but now they're back with a vengeance, so hormones must be going mad again!

Gol - I can't believe you are so close to meeting your LO!! It is so exciting!! As other ladies have already asked, what is cupping? I was racking my brains trying to think of anything but I have no idea. Hope it brings on labour anyway!!

Vicky - welcome to the thread. And congratulations on your twins!! My SIL had twin girls in March, they are absolutely adorable! Hard work though, although she is lucky, they are very easy babies. Sorry to hear you are stressing about the blood test results, but it's really good news that your nuchal measurements were so good. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Csunshine - LOL, pregnancy brain setting in already, what are you going to be like by the time you get to my stage?

Hope everyone else is well.

Hey ladies,
how is everyone today?

Well I have been exhausted all week. It is like my first trimester tiredness is back with a vengeance. It is hard to get through the day at work and all I want to do when I get home is snooze. I think baby must be having a growth spurt at the moment. The spots are back too, boo, they had cleared up completely, but now they're back with a vengeance, so hormones must be going mad again!

Gol - I can't believe you are so close to meeting your LO!! It is so exciting!! As other ladies have already asked, what is cupping? I was racking my brains trying to think of anything but I have no idea. Hope it brings on labour anyway!!

Vicky - welcome to the thread. And congratulations on your twins!! My SIL had twin girls in March, they are absolutely adorable! Hard work though, although she is lucky, they are very easy babies. Sorry to hear you are stressing about the blood test results, but it's really good news that your nuchal measurements were so good. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Csunshine - LOL, pregnancy brain setting in already, what are you going to be like by the time you get to my stage?

Hope everyone else is well.

Lord help me I hope pregnancy brain is one of the side effects that comes and goes. LOL Polaris can't believe it's been 14wks since we met boy does the time fly by. I think it will slow down now I'm over here. LOL

Hello Vicky, that's my name to only Vickie. LOL How exciting to have twins! When did you find out that you were having twins? Hope all is going well.

Hi Vicky and welcome, the first twins on the thread as far as Im aware.
Sorry your blood tests are giving you hassle, such a shame after a good NT result.
Enjoy your coffee!! :)
Morning!!! I am feeling a LOT more positive today lol - there is no reason why the bloods will come back bad - just hate the waiting lol I AM the most impatient person in the world.

polaris said:

Csunshine013 said:
Hello Vicky, that's my name to only Vickie. LOL How exciting to have twins! When did you find out that you were having twins? Hope all is going well.
Hi Vickie xx We are VERY excited!!! wheeeeeeeee - I had a bleed early on so had a scan at 6+5 and there they told me (scan pic in my sig) and now I think it was a good thing as we could see for sure they are fraternals at such an early stage where as it was more difficult to assess this at 13 weeks. Also gave us more time to get my head round it xxxxx

Hope you are all having a lovely morning - I feel GREAT today I have been doing things at a million miles an hour today and cant wait to clear out the nursery tomorrow - WHOOP WHOOP. My sister is giving us loads of stuff and my mum is starting to bring it over on wednesday I cant wait!!!!!!!

Thanks my sis has three year old twins (and a six year old eek) the girl is soooo easy but the boy well lol lets just say if I have two like him I will never be going back to work again!!!! hehe

Just wanted to pop on and say "Hi" to our newest oldie & first multiple (well, first I've seen!), Vicky :wave:

AAARGH IT IS MY DUE DATE!!!!!!

Cupping is a form of acupuncture where they put small glass suction cups on you

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3879447.stm

I always read all the posts on here but by the time I get to the end I have forgotten the first one I read :dohh: so please don't think I am ignoring you all - just my prg brain can't cope LOL

Just wanted to pop on and say "Hi" to our newest oldie & first multiple (well, first I've seen!), Vicky :wave:

heheheheh hellooooooo .........

golcarlilly said:

OMG OMG how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooo wishing you lots of luck for today - I was born on the day I was due - am a bit naive with your stage of pregnancy but have you had any imminent signs yet? eeekkkkkk so very excited for you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Cupping is a form of acupuncture where they put small glass suction cups on you

Wow, I was right with my guess of what it is :happydance: Enjoy the session!

And when would you like us to start with sending labour vibes? Today? Tomorrow? :hugs:

Gol, the full moon didnt work then?? Hope you go into labour soon, any signs as yet?
Vicky, glad youre feeling more positive today. Twins obviously run in the family.
Polaris - you know what to do about the spots - Chocolate he he he.
Ava, thinking of you yesterday, hope it went well bringing Finlay home and I hope he isnt too much of a night owl!!

Ohhh happy due date GOL!! - How exciting hope things start soon for you!

Polaris - re tiredness this came back to me at 32wks along with another of my 1st tri symptoms of constant burping/hunger and feeling bleugh!

Welcome Vicki and twins - good luck with your blood results.

As for me i'm just stressing out that my baby isn't growing and the 'system' is too busy to care!

However the sun is shining - wonders never cease so i'm going to make the mos t of it!

No signs as yet :(

Send me labour dust right away please LOL!!

Gol - for you
:dust:

Tillymum, what makes you think baby isnt growing properly? (sorry if Ive missed something from earlier)

https://www.themestore.net/fairy_dust/images/fairy_dust.jpg

:kiss:

oohh loads of labour dust from us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Lots and lots (was looking for a good pic but couldnt find one)

Its a lovely afternoon here and want to bin work for the afternoon and sit in the garden with a cider and ice (I miss my cider) but think work and appletise will have to do.

Am off into town tomorrow to try and find a funky dress for a do next weekend - EEEKKKKK not looking forward to it at all as am already the size of two houses!!!

Tillymum, what makes you think baby isnt growing properly? (sorry if Ive missed something from earlier)

Baby hasn't grown since my last MW apt - I've written a thread in the main 3rd tri section called 'no growth'?

Trying to remain positive 8-[

Lots of Labor dust your way GOL :dust::dust::dust::dust: I think I'll keep some for myself too so I can have baby in my arms soon

Tillymum, Just had a read of the thread, cant really add much to what has been said already, the tape measure method can be inaccurate, and it may just be your little bun is cooked and will come sooner rather than later, my first was 37 weeks and was a small baby anyway, so heres hoping. I hope the scan goes well on Monday, will be thinking of you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->