'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Here's my tuppence worth Gol! Hope it works and you come back with some baby news and piccys! xxx

:dust:
O:)
O:)

Loads of labour vibes coming your way Gol. Hope things start to happen soon! Can't wait for you to finally meet baby!

I see Gol's online at the moment, so I'm guessing there's no news yet .....

I'm playing catch up again ... :rofl:

Marleys, Gol, soon2b6, tillymum, Acer, CSunshine, Polaris, Seity, Meerkat: Thanks :hugs:

Tillymum - sounds like you are really prepared and your AN classes sound pretty thorough. Can't believe you are so close, just a couple of weeks to go, how exciting!! On the subject of growth - did you get a growth scan or is it just measurements by the MW that makes you worry?

Acer - it's perfectly normal to be worried! But it's amazing how quickly things kick in ... I would have sworn that I'd be a nervous wreck but something just clicked and it just feels a lot easier than I thought it would. So will you, I bet. :hugs:

CSunshine - I loved 2nd tri, the sickness and tiredness of 1st tri had gone and 3rd was tiring, but 2nd was lovely ... I agree with Meerkat, the 1st tri dragged a bit, I think it's waiting for the first scan, and not being able to tell people that makes it feel so long!

Marleys - love your scan pic and great that he's growing appropriately. :happydance: Hope we don't have to wait until 2010 for the documentary, I can't wait to see it!!!

Seity - congrats on your scan, bet it was a lot of fun telling everyone!

Gol - hoping you go into labour soon! I haven't heard of the cupping treatment before, sounds good though. So exciting that any day now the thread will have a new baby!! :happydance: Sorry I missed your due date, I hope you've made sure one of your text buddies will keep us updated when you go into labour!!

Vicky - welcome! :) Twins .. very exciting!!! Amazing that your sister has twins as well!

Soon2b6 - thanks, he's great, a fab little sleeper, 4 hours solid at a time! Result!

As for us, Finlay came home on Thursday :cloud9: He's fantastic, has his Dad's calm temperament. The BF was really sore, so for now I'm expressing and occasionally BF with a nipple shield, but I don't want to carry on with the shield indefinitely because I've heard it can cause a reduction milk production, which I really don't want. Am hoping that I can build up to BF fully by continuing to express and gradually introducing BF a little at a time. Doing it at every feed was just really sore, which I know is partly down to my poor technique, it's certainly not his, he's brilliant, especially when you consider he's premature! He's happy to feed on bottle, breast or with the nipple shield - amazing really. Guess he just likes his grub whatever way it's presented to him! LOL!

Anyway he's getting on great, we're just about to pop him in the pram and go for a walk since it's a nice day.

Oh and on another happy note ... I put on 3 stone when I was pregnant but by the time I left hospital, 2 stone had gone (yes seriously, even with such a tiny baby!) and now I weigh only 11lbs more than I did when I fell pregnant (I think it's been all the running about), which is good, losing 3 stone was really daunting.

Right am caught up again, how do I always manage to fall so far behind?!!

Hi Ava, Glad to hear your all home now :hugs: BF can be a bit of a trial, but its clear youre no quitter, good on ya!!
As for losing all that weight - well, you can fall out with people you know, LOL, no seriously thats great, 11lbs sounds soooo much more achieveable than 3 stone.

I'm playing catch up again ... :rofl:

As for us, Finlay came home on Thursday :cloud9: He's fantastic, has his Dad's calm temperament. The BF was really sore, so for now I'm expressing and occasionally BF with a nipple shield, but I don't want to carry on with the shield indefinitely because I've heard it can cause a reduction milk production, which I really don't want. Am hoping that I can build up to BF fully by continuing to express and gradually introducing BF a little at a time. Doing it at every feed was just really sore, which I know is partly down to my poor technique, it's certainly not his, he's brilliant, especially when you consider he's premature! He's happy to feed on bottle, breast or with the nipple shield - amazing really. Guess he just likes his grub whatever way it's presented to him! LOL!

Anyway he's getting on great, we're just about to pop him in the pram and go for a walk since it's a nice day.

Oh and on another happy note ... I put on 3 stone when I was pregnant but by the time I left hospital, 2 stone had gone (yes seriously, even with such a tiny baby!) and now I weigh only 11lbs more than I did when I fell pregnant (I think it's been all the running about), which is good, losing 3 stone was really daunting.

Right am caught up again, how do I always manage to fall so far behind?!!

ohohohoh lovely to read your post reassured me on loads of counts!!

ANd LOVING your choice of name we are having Fynn for boy one (dont know which flavours they are yet so picked two of each lol)

Hi - just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Fran, live just outside Rochdale am 36 and expecting my first. Am happy, scared, nervous, excited and, thankfully, just getting over the worst of my MS and tiredness (although I did have a 21/2 hour nap yesterday!). Been reading through the posts and it's nice to mix with people at different stages of pregnancy to see what I'm going to face in the forthcoming months. So...hello! :howdy:

Welcome Franny - 36 is a fabulous age imo lol - and we are due around the same time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well girls I am dreading the 'you are high risk' phonecall today - they told me if I am high risk I would get a call 'within a week' and my scan was last monday. Soo am just hoping the phone remains silent today. Whats the betting I get a million sales calls today though AARRGGHHHH!!!!

Gol - Any labour news yet????????????? Sending MORE labour dust your way xxxxxxxxx

Hi girls,

No news from me yet I'm afraid!! I am getting soooooooo bored now!!! I have even resorted to watching Jeremy Kyle this morning!!

Ava you sound to be doing so well with Finlay :hugs:

Welcome to more new ladies, this thread is mega busy these days!!

Not up to much today, daren't go too far now just in case by some miracle I do go into labour this century :rofl:

Oh Gol, poor you, must be terrible just waiting around for labour to start ........... Remind me I said when it's my turn! Have you thought of going for a wander around M&S or B&Q, I read somewhere that if your waters break in stores like that, you get a hamper of goodies!

Welcome Franny, you found the rest of us then! Off to read your buddy thread now too. :wave:

Yeah I heard that too, about M & S anyway! I fancy a trip to the simply food store that recently opened near me but I just know I will need to re-mortgage if I do LOL

Gol - Hope he starts to make some movement soon sending more labor vibes your way! :dust:

Welcome Franny your symptoms should start to improve now you are in 2nd Tri.

Vicki - hope you don't get the phone call and everything is ok.

Ava - so happy you have Finlay back home with you :happydance: and good for you on perservering with BF.
On the topic of me measuring small MW's measurements have only increased by 1cm in 4wks and I know myself I haven't grown, bump is still small and no change over last number of wks. I'm such a worrier that I won't relax until I know for sure everything is ok as alot can go wrong in the last weeks. Baby decided to be quiet this weekend just to add to my worry, spent the weekend poking it and doing twice daily hb checks using my doppler! Got a growth scan booked for this evening, which hopefully will reassure me that I'm just worrying/panicking about nothing!
I think baby dropped a bit this weekend too, so hopefully he/she is gearing up for an early exit! Which I very much doubt!

I'm trying to motivate myself for a trip to IKEA right now, not sure i'm in the mood for it .... maybe another cup of tea before I go!

You have to motivate yourself to go to Ikea, Tilly?

I have to find a reason not to go :rofl:

Hope your growth scan shows everything to be okay, could just be a smaller baby like mine :hugs:

Yes need some motivation to stick to buying just the things I need cos I know my credit card will get bit more of a bashing that it needs. Funny thing is DH develops an allergic reaction to the place driving into the car park - talk about a mood change he hates the place! but thankfully he's working today.

Thanks - Hoping it is just a small baby, my MIL has said to me since the day she found out I was pregnant that I'll have a massive baby cos all DH's side have big babies, she even said it again this weekend - so I REALLY want to prove her wrong!

Hi everyone, I've not been on for a couple of days and I see its been manic here!! I've read 5 pages of posts to catch up again! :haha:

:hi: Hi Vicky and Franny and welcome. And our first twins, how fab x

Gol - I can't belive your due date has come and gone already. Wow! Sending oodles of labour dust your way hon.

Ava - So glad Finlay's home with you and lovely that you're taking him out in the pram. And good on you for losing all that weight already, how did you do it?? :shrug: Amazing!

Tillysmum - Hope the scan goes ok tonight. :hugs:

Had a lovely sunny weekend and spent most of it sailing and eating which is great. I can feel LO moving a lot more now which is reassuring as there seemed to be a quiet spell for a while.

Where is this buddy thread you all keep talking about? Am I missing something? lol

Thanks - Hoping it is just a small baby, my MIL has said to me since the day she found out I was pregnant that I'll have a massive baby cos all DH's side have big babies, she even said it again this weekend - so I REALLY want to prove her wrong!

Is your MIL that bad? :rofl: I was a small baby (well, average for the time, 6lb) and OH was large (over 9lb) so we're not sure what that means for our Beanie!

Where is this buddy thread you all keep talking about? Am I missing something? lol

Nope. Nothing. We're not buddies, we all hate each other really. :winkwink:

Hello Franny welcome!

Ava so glad to hear Finlay is home and eating! :thumbup: I know that BF is hard but the end result is an awesome connection and healthy baby. I BF DD until she was 13mnth old. :blush: mainly because it was less expensive than formula. She was a great baby too.

Gol can't wait to hear when you go into labour sending loads of labour vibes!!!!

Meerkat sound like you had a lovely weekend.

To all you other lovely ladies hope your doing well!

Me I am just waiting not so patiently for my scan in two weeks. :nope: I got feeling down over the weekend and found a HPT and on Saturday morning I poas just to make sure it was real and I wasn't imagining it. LOL :dohh: I'm ready for the gas to to be gone though. LOL

Ah...I feel like I've found my "board"! Thanks for the welcomes and it's so interesting to hear what's going on with everyone.

Vicky - fingers crossed that all you get are double glazing phonecalls today!

Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ..........

Was your phone silent today? (fingers crossed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->