'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Huge congrats Gol - fantastic news - hope you are recovering well. Welcome to the world little man.:flower:

Well ladies looks like I'll be next to go, I'm booked in for an induction tomorrow! The Consultant I saw today said as I'm full term anyway, and OC symptoms go when baby is born and as baby is safer out that in, that it makes sense to induce me! I'm a bit freaked out about the whole thing, excited but daunted by the task ahead! But can't wait to meet our LO. DH is sooo excited. So depending on whether the induction takes it might be a few days before I can update you. Wish me luck!

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing and keeping well :hugs:

Good luck Tilly! Can't wait to hear about your new delivery!

Good luck tomorrow Tilly! Wow, it's so exciting that you will be meeting your LO so soon!

Polaris ... girlie ... what are you doing up and on here at 1 in the morning? <grin>

LOL, I was out at a friend of mine's birthday party and had just got home! The party was still going strong when I left but I thought I did well for six and a half months pregnant!

Hey ladies, I'm going in at 5pm today - Gulp :shock: I'm soooo nervous!! but looking forward to meeting my little one! I don't do pain! Hope baby co-operates and is ready to come out quickly!

I probably won't be back on here for a number of days- depending on how long they keep me in, so it will be a few days before I update you!

OMG I'm about to become a Mom! :happydance:

Ladies I have been to the er and it has been confirmed that I have miscarried. Just wanted to say thanks for the support and all the words of wisdom! Hopefully I get back here soon. :cry:

Hi everyone, Ive really not ben keeping up on here recently!!
Tillymum, wishing you all the best for tonight, I hope you have a quick delivery and are holding your baby very soon.
CONGRATULATIONS Golcarlilly hope you and baby are well.
Hello to all the new people.

Csunshine :hugs: I am so sorry for your loss.

franny - hope your cat has come home. Hope you enjoyed your shopping trip :)

ellie - congrats on the t-100 ... I'm a few days late but you know what I mean LOL

Marleys - so glad you got good news. Hope you're feeling lots and lots of movement ... keep us posted :hugs:

Vicky - yes we have a dog. She's nearly 12, and she just isn't interested in Finlay at all, just total disdain from her LOL. Ruby sounds so cute, awww!

busybuzybee - welcome! The risks are increased with age, but there's still more chance of a perfectly healthy baby than one with Downs or another abnormality. Google is the enemy of the pregnant woman, it really just freaks us all out!!

Gol - congrats! So chuffed for you :happydance:

Seity - having fun with the doppler?

tilly - good luck! I think I've missed you but hope all goes well - can't wait to "meet" your LO!!!! Hope you've got a text buddy lined up to update us!

CSunshine - am so sorry for your loss. Am thinking of you :hugs:

I've been trying to pick up the breastfeeding again, because I was feeding him EBM. Did it a couple of times today and it went great! He's so cute latched on with his little cheeks! He was funny because he fell asleep still attached, with a face full of boob. Cracked me up. Hubby and I are taking him into my work tomorrow to meet everyone, can't wait to show him off. :happydance:

So sorry Csunshine :hugs: take good care and hope you are okay.

Ladies .... am feeling quite anxious today. I know I've said it before ... I still don't really feel what I would call increased or stronger movement. The last 4-5 days have been VERY quiet with only the odd little twitch/flutter. When I saw the mw on Thurs, she asked if I felt movement and I said yes but not what I would call regular, some days active mostly quiet etc - she just kind of brushed it off and said (think I said before) oh don't even concern yourself with that until at least 28 weeks, it's fine. Hb still sounding fine on doppler. I'm really not sure what to do, I was getting really worried this morning, my bump even seemed to be much smaller ... I know he/she is still little, and I do have an anterior placenta, but shouldn't it really feel stronger by now? I wondered whether I should push it, maybe chase my regular midwife? Or am I really just reading too much into what other people experience and worrying too much? I thought I was feeling quite chilled about things ...

ellie - if you're not happy (for any reason) - please get checked out. It's more than likely nothing, but it's not worth the risk ... hearing a hb isn't enough to put your mind at rest, you need to be properly monitored. Honestly, you don't sound happy to me, so call your hospital and tell them, they'll more than likely ask you to come in, hook you up to a ctg monitor for a couple of hours to check it all. They won't mind (and if they do, who cares), trust me, I did it twice. Go with your instincts - if they're wrong, then no matter.

:hugs:

Ellie - I second that. If you are even slightly worried about feeling less movement, then please contact somebody and get it checked out (midwife, maternity unit triage, whoever). These things are important.

Tilly - I know you've gone in already, but I wish you all the best.

Csunshine - I'm really sorry to hear your news. :hugs:

Ava - I'm reading up like mad about EBM, and the facilities that our hospital has for this - they seem quite into wanting to use EBM in SCBU, provide rooms & fridges & stuff. Need to make sure that it's written into my notes that I want to go down that route.

Well, Beanie's still wriggling away, so I'm not worrying yet! Yesterday he decided to have a good shuffle round and ended up pushing up right under my ribs, was very uncomfortable but I didn't care because I'm just soooo happy that he's still in there!

Csunshine - so sorry to hear that. Am thinking of you xx

Thanks guys ... now I'm worrying even more ;) I think I will call my midwife in the morning. Also trying to cope with OH having broken his toe this morning and hobbling about the place but refusing to go to the hospital or dr's!

Just had some apple juice with ice and a small cookie, then lay down with my doppler, and he/she started going crazy and I could see my whole belly moving, which was very funny (and could hear him/her trying to kick the doppler!) Didn't last long though and all is quiet again now... am trying to play some music via Spotify (free music streaming, really good for finding all those obscure songs you loved when you were younger hahah) - no response to the Smiths so far, possibly not the most cheery thing to try!

Good luck Tillly ... I guess all is underway now ...

Hi girls I am finally back!

Csunshine I am so very sorry for your loss, it is a terrible thing to haveto go through :hugs:wishing you a speedy recovery, thinking of you :hugs:

I have posted some pics in the photo album and will write up my birth story soon, not had chance to read through all the posts I have missed yet hope everyone else is ok? :hugs:

He is really cute! How you feeling? Oh and love your choice of middle name - Finlay's is the same (after my Granda).

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->