'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Congratulations Tilly!!! Beautiful name too. Sorry to hear the induction was horrible, but I'm sure that it's all completely worth it now that she's here!

Thanks to everyone who asked about my job situation. It's still up in the air but apparently we should know whether we have jobs by the first or second week of September, so not too much longer to wait. It's annoying because I really want to buy things for the house and for baby, but I have to hold off till I see whether we are going to be completely broke or not! If I don't have a job, we can live without bookshelves for another while!!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

LOADS of CONGRATULATIONS Tilly! Sorry it was horrible :hugs: aww what a lovely name! So pleased for you!

Congrats Tilly!

Just found out that my cat's been run over - died instantly. He was such a lovely cat and I will miss him terribly. At least I know now.

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Ohhhh Franny I am so so sorry :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: poor little fella and poor you :hugs:

Chloe Caitlyn was born on Thrusday 20th August at 8.01am weighing 6lbs 15oz.
And is just a beauty and perfect, both her Dad and I are besotted!

I had a long and horrible induction from Monday to Thursday and she finally arrived by forceps delivery after a very quick active labor.

Havent time to update more xxx

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

ooohh Franny - I am so sorry :cry: I guess at least she didnt suffer - run free xxxxxxxxxxx

I hope everyone is good - we have another scan on tuesday (EEEKKKKKK SOOO NERVOUS!!) we are hoping to find out the flavour.

Polaris - fingers crossed! I hope everything works out how you want - its the uncertainty thats the worst I guess xx

Hope everyone is well xxxxxxxxx

Franny I'm so sorry to hear about your poor cat. What a horrible thing to happen.

Thanks everyone - I'm going to miss him terribly as he was my "baby", sad I know! Still, I suppose that I have to focus on my growing belly. I'm going to plant a tree where we buried him. It'll take a while to feel OK about everything but sh*t happens, eh?

I am going to have yet another bowl of cornflakes before turning in. I've nearly eaten a big box in less than a week.I just can't get enough!

Hi everyone

Tillymum - Huge congratulations on the safe arrival of little Chloe!! I hope you're all well, you must be so happy! :happydance: :happydance:

Ellie - I'd like to start my maternity leave today if I could. I have so much to do at home and I'm finding it really hard to stay focused at work.. It doesnt help that my boss told me it's not looking very good for me to go back part time after :baby: is born (due to lack of staff - we've gone from 5 to 3 in 6 months). I just can't see me wanting to go back full time :nope:

Franny - I'm so so sorry to hear about Arthur. I love my own cat to bits and know how much they're missed when they're gone. Hope you're ok hon :hugs:

Oh franny, I'm so sorry. My cat was hit by a car a few years back. He had gotten outside and not been back at night like usual. It had to be on a Friday too, so I couldn't check the local SPCA till the next Monday. It turned out someone found him on the side of the road (the car hit and ran) and brought him there, but he was too badly injured for them to do anything for him. He had his collar on with my correct email, but the phone # was old, so they couldn't 'call me'. I'm just glad someone that cared was with him at the end and that they knew his name.
I like the tree idea its very nice.

Congratulations Tilly what a wonderful name!

Ladies I'm still lurking checking up on each of you! :thumbup:

Franny so sorry about your cat, I had mine run over as well. It sucks when they are great companions. DH wont let me have one now. Doesn't like the hair. LOL maybe that's because he's loosing all his and he is still very young. 32 this Thursday. LMAO

Looks like the rest of you ladies are doing well keep up the good work and I hope to be back here soon! :thumbup:

Has anybody heard from Marley? Hope all is well!

hey csunshine how are you doing? how's the 'scroggin' going ;)

mmm polaris rice krispies - havent had them for years - i want them now!!!

meerkat sorry to hear about work - hope it can be sorted. i think there is some guideline? that employers have to consider requests to return part time after mat leave but aren't obliged to say yes - sadly ....
I am trying to negotiate a 'phased return' to work so I will go back part time at first but I will then have to go back full time probably from the beginning of 2011. Not so bad though as my course will then finish (all being well) in september 2012. There might be room for maneouvre for you later on maybe?

franny how you doing :hugs: i still get upset about cats I lost many years ago. OH wont let me have a cat now as he doesnt like them :cry: however we do live by quite a busy road so (sensibly) he says they would be likely to get run over :cry: (or hassled by the many irritating chav gangs that live around us no doubt)

no sign of marleysgirl - hoping all is okay? anyone heard anything?

well OH just felt his first kick from outside - he's always managed to miss them before or been too impatient to wait for them! LO got him a corker which sent him flying across the room and howling 'aaaagh you've got an alien inside you' :haha: think he liked it despite finding it a bit freaky!

Ohhhhh this bl&*&!dy essay ... I HATE IT ... It's really rubbish too as I have done so little work on it! And I've now only got Thursday to work on it and hand it in Friday. B*!&!&*s .... my brain just hasnt been working in that way, and the urge to shop for baby clothes and look at cloth nappies online is just too strong ............

Hey Ellie the scroggin was OMG the most amazing that I have had in such a long time! I forgot just how good being with my hubby could be! I might just have to ask for seconds tonight. :blush: I am also quietly hoping for an early o like the previous two months. LOL I o'd on cd10 both months so hopefully! That would mean I would o tomorrow and then I would have to wait and see. LOL but if I get my way I will be back here soon!

Hope you all are doing well and will check back later to see if anybodies heard from Marley.

:hugs:

Hey Csunshine - good to see you popping in. Glad to hear that the 'scrogging' is to your satisfaction, LOL!! With a bit of luck you won't be too long getting back here properly.

Ellie - you have my sympathies with the essay. I have my final college assignment due Friday week, so I have a fun weekend lined up this weekend, not!

Hope that all is going well with Marleysgirl, I presume she has been admitted and can't get on line.

Hi girls, sorry I haven't posted for ages, been so busy with Myles! Not managed to read through all posts I'm afraid!

Congratulations Tillymum, have you posted a pic of Chloe yet?

Marleysgirl hope all is ok?

Hope everyone else is well :)

Big Congrats Gol and Myles! Hope all is going well!

What's the assignment Polaris? its amazing how interesting nappies or cleaning floors become when you've got a deadline isn't it .... I did think about asking for an extension for mine, but decided against it as i. they'd probably not go for the 'baby brains' excuse which seems to be stopping me thinking or concentrating and ii. at least if I hand something in (no matter how crap) i can have a nice weekend with our nephews in west wales and not be stressing about it ... however, you do have an extra day to do it in if you can face it! good luck!

Big Congrats Gol and Myles! Hope all is going well!

What's the assignment Polaris? its amazing how interesting nappies or cleaning floors become when you've got a deadline isn't it .... I did think about asking for an extension for mine, but decided against it as i. they'd probably not go for the 'baby brains' excuse which seems to be stopping me thinking or concentrating and ii. at least if I hand something in (no matter how crap) i can have a nice weekend with our nephews in west wales and not be stressing about it ... however, you do have an extra day to do it in if you can face it! good luck!

It's writing a 4000 word article based on some aspect of the thesis. It should be reasonably straightforward really because obviously there won't be any new material to research for it. The problem will be choosing one aspect to focus on and trying to get it down to 4000 words. I know what you mean, at least once you get something submitted you can forget about it, otherwise it is just hanging over you.

I am trying to negotiate a 'phased return' to work so I will go back part time at first but I will then have to go back full time probably from the beginning of 2011. Not so bad though as my course will then finish (all being well) in september 2012. There might be room for maneouvre for you later on maybe?

Ellie - I hadn't thought of that. It's worth adding to the list of ideas for my back to work negotiation. Another idea is I'm wondering whether they'll allow me to work 3 days in the office and 1 day from home. Not ideal but better than no job.. Although who knows, by the time it comes to going back I might have found something more suitable. Just not sure I'll get paid as well as I do now :nope: But maybe I won't mind.
PS Good luck with the evil essay!!

Csunshine - Nice to see you're still 'lurking' around hon. :hugs:

Gol - Good to see you too, I bet little M is keeping you busy!

Pol - Mmmm rice crispies - even nicer in a Toffee Crisp... :haha:

Seity - Sorry to hear about your cat too :cry: Poor thing! The roads are just too busy these days they don't stand a chance do they. The other day as I was driving to work and a herd of young deer ran across a really busy road, a few cars in front of me. It was utter chaos, cars screeching to a halt, deer running this way and that. I think they all managed to escape being hit but it made my stomach leap into my mouth and I drive that bit of road much more slowly now!

Evening ladies how are you all?

Hope Marleysgirl is going ok

GGRRRRR oohh just the word thesis brings me out in the shivers such memories lol best of luck eeekkkk.

We had a scan today and it was fab - they are both wiggling away and everything is where it should be. The sonographer wouldnt even check for gender though booooooooooooooooooooooo so we will have to wait. They booked me ANOTHER scan for 20 weeks so that will be the fifth scan before week 20 lol. We will need a pre birth album at this rate.

Cats frighten me - not the cat but the road aspect I really feel for you I have been there and its horrid.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thesis - *shudder* There's a reason I didn't go to grad school!

Vicky - Great news on your scan.

I just got back from my NT scan and everything is looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->