'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Congrats soon2b6 and Marleysgirl!

I'm glad Andrew is doing so well, I can't even begin to imagine a baby that tiny! C'mon little man.

I hope you both recover quickly.

Congratulations to Marleysgirl and soon2b6 :hugs:

Just a quick note to say that I'm home ... Will write a long post in the next few days with all my news! Andrew is doing just fine :D

Welcome home, marleysgirl!! And huge congrats again! I'm so pleased to hear that Andrew is doing well, it must be scary because he's so tiny, but he's obviously a fighter!! Can't wait to hear the full update.

PS - I let the November Sparklers group know about little Andrew's arrival - hope you don't mind! I just had to share the news!

Congratulations to soon2be6 and to Marleysgirl!!!

WOW well done both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both your posts brought tears to my eyes lol

I hope everyone is ok and looking forward to the winter - I am getting HUGE and clothes dont like me anymore - maternity trousers fall down boooooooo and they are a size 10 whats all that about? I bought some dungarees today on internet and believe me if they are comfy I am NEVER taking them off.

We have another scan on tuesday - the biggy checking for eyes due to inherited condition am really nervous but it hasnt happened for 28 years in my family and I am trying to tell myself that something would have shown up by now but as scans werent around then we have no comparitors (basically the part of the brain that grows the eyes is absent) so everything crossed please if you remember.

OHs fish keep dying and its really upsetting me and one is pregnant eeekk hope we get there in time to seperate the babies if they eat them it will kill me.

thats enough from me lol lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday Vicky - really hope that everything goes well.

Me too hon. Got everything crossed for you :hugs:

PS Marleys - Glad to haer youre home. Looking forward to your update!

Glad your home Marley you know with Andrew being so strong your going to have your hands full from the moment you get him home. LOL He will grow big and strong both physically and mentally and he will try you around ever corner. lol great that he is doing so well! :hugs:

Vicky-- I will be thinking about you on Tuesday good luck! :thumbup:

Hi again ... let's see if I can condense the last two weeks into one post!

You probably all remember that I had an u/s scan that showed placental bloodflow problems, and I received steroid injections to prepare Beanie's lungs for an early delivery. A week after this, I was due for another u/s scan, but went to hospital earlier that day as I had reduced foetal movement. They scanned me on arrival and advised us that baby should be delivered as soon as possible - that day - for best chance of survival. He'd be 29+1 weeks.

Andrew was delivered by caesarian section at 19:43 that evening, weighing just 1lb 6oz. Marley was with me throughout, and got to see him briefly before he was taken away to the Special Care unit. I got to see him early the next morning, when he'd been stabilised.

I've spent almost two weeks in the hospital and fought for discharge today, although my section wound hasn't completely healed and will be monitored daily by community midwives.

Andrew is doing stonkingly well for such a preemie, which is being put down to those steroid injections. He will be two weeks old tomorrow, now weighs 1lb 9oz, and has already progressed from the ventilator onto cPap and today spent 4 hrs breathing on his own, which will be repeated and increased. He is being tube-fed EBM, and producing nice little parcels at the other end, so that system works fine! He does however show evidence (on scan) of a bleed in his head next to his brain, and we have yet to find out what this could mean, it will only become apparent with time.

Right, that's enough about me (for now) - what did I miss?

Vicky - will be thinking of you on Tuesday x

Marleys - good to have you back, bet you feel much better just for sleeping in your own bed, I know I did. Fingers crossed everything heals nice and quickly :hugs: Andrew sounds amazing, what a little toughie. Please keep us updated, will be thinking of you both x

Our news ... Finlay appears to be going through his 6 week growth spurt and has been attached to my boobs now for a couple of days ... hopefully he will get back to normal soon! Got a weigh-in tomorrow ... he was 6lb 9oz last week, my money is on 7lb 2oz, hubby reckons 7lb 5oz ... once things settle again I'll catch up on the posts I've missed! Take care all xx

Wow marleysgirl, it must have been a stressful couple of weeks. I can't imagine. So good that Andrew is doing so well though - thank god you were being monitored and got the steroids that you needed!

Thanks Polaris for updating the November Sparklers - I feel a bit of a cheat, having skipped so far ahead of everybody else at this stage! Yes it's pretty stressful knowing that Andrew is in SCBU, even though he's in good hands, but on the plus side we have an extra couple of months with our beautiful baby :D

I am soooooo grateful that I agreed to take part in the tellyprog. It was at the "extra" scan they organised (for filming purposes) that the deteriorating placental blood-flow was spotted and the decision to inject steroids was made - without that additional scan, we'd have waited for our scheduled scan a week later; again the decision would have been made to give me an emergency section that day, but without the benefit of the steroids and the benefit of us mentally preparing ourselves for such an event. It is Andrew's breathing capability that is making all the difference to his progress now - yes he's small, but everything works!

Talking of the tellyprog, they came up to film us and Andrew a couple of days after the birth, so footage of him in SCBU will hopefully be included in the prog when it airs.

I can't wait to see that programme Marleys, what an adventure you've been on. Isn't it amazing/freaky/weird how things have a habit of working out? Must have been fate. :hugs: How's the wound today? Healing up?

I was at a clinic today and one of the other Mums came up to make conversation ... she asked how heavy Finlay was when he was born and I said 4lb 8oz, her reply ... oh lucky you. :dohh: Sometimes people just don't think, do they? They don't mean any harm (and I wasn't offended or anything, she was trying to be nice) but still ... :wacko:

Speaking of clinics ... he was weighed again today, he's gone up another 10 1/2oz this week (he was on a growth spurt and has been attached to me almost non stop for 3 days) ... he now weighs 7lb 3 1/2oz. What a star :cloud9:

Right off to try on my new nursing bras that have just arrived, and then feed my starving boy (well he thinks he's starving anyway LOL).

ETA: Love your new siggy BTW!

Vicky - Have those dungarees arrived yet? I know what you mean, I am sooo fed up of my maternity trousers falling down. Does anyone else have this problem??

Ava - Glad to hear you and Finlay are both well and he's feeding so keenly! You must be so pleased with his progress :hugs:

Marleys - Ava's right, it must have been fate doing the tv prog and having that scan on that day. Glad to hear the little man is doing so well. :hugs:

Vicky - Have those dungarees arrived yet? I know what you mean, I am sooo fed up of my maternity trousers falling down. Does anyone else have this problem??

Not yet boooooooo - will let you knw when they do. My bargain bundle of maternity tops (11 for £2.70 hurrah) arrived today and yay they are all perfect - I love ebay when it goes well hehe. I have found the belly bands help the builders bum a little but its very annoying!!!

Marleys, I agree fate took a hand to keep Andrew safe. I'm glad he is doing well and you have managed to get home. I cant wait to see the TV prog.
Vicky, Will be thinking of you on Tuesday. Sorry to hear about the fish, hope the little fishies are OK.
Ava, People dont think, youre right, I have had many comments (mostly from my mum - but we wont go there, lol) about her not having been "offered" a c/section with us, grrrrrrrrr, er, yeah of course, it was a choice thing :wacko: Finlay is doing so well now he wont be small for long:winkwink:
Holly is doing fine, she does however think night time is playtime, and daytime is sleep time, Mummys too old for this Holly!!

Meerkat & Vicky - yes I have the same problem with mat trousers constantly falling down! They tend to be the under the bump ones, I find the less glamorous over the bump trousers better - and hopefully warmer for winter!

It seems there is something in the water at my work as we have five of us now with babies due between January and April! Our boss has said that he's going to hand out condoms at meetings from now on!

Marleys/ Soon/ Ava - hope all is good with your darling LOs. Am sending much love and growing vibes for those who need it xx

Hope everyone is well xx

It seems there is something in the water at my work as we have five of us now with babies due between January and April! Our boss has said that he's going to hand out condoms at meetings from now on!
Hope everyone is well xx

:rofl: My boss doesn't have to worry about that. There are only two other women in the office. Both older than me and one is a lesbian.

Today's photo of Andrew, looking really cute!

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/P1020779.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"