'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Evening ladies how are you all?

Hope Marleysgirl is going ok

GGRRRRR oohh just the word thesis brings me out in the shivers such memories lol best of luck eeekkkk.

We had a scan today and it was fab - they are both wiggling away and everything is where it should be. The sonographer wouldnt even check for gender though booooooooooooooooooooooo so we will have to wait. They booked me ANOTHER scan for 20 weeks so that will be the fifth scan before week 20 lol. We will need a pre birth album at this rate.

Cats frighten me - not the cat but the road aspect I really feel for you I have been there and its horrid.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

They should be able to see gender parts at this scan and then you can pick out clothes, but don't go overboard as several of my friends did and they got mixed up. LOL If you know what I mean. Glad to hear your scan was great.

Vicky/Seity - Glad your scans went well. :happydance:

Vicky - How exciting having twinsl. I love your avatar with them both there in their bunkbeds!! I wonder if when they're bigger you'll feel them both moving at the same time, one kicking at the top of your bump and kicking the bottom!! Amazing x

Csunshine - yes can you imagine lol

Seity - FABULOUS!!!!

Meerkat - hehe my sis has twins and she knew where they were and her boy was quiet and she had to have them at 32 weeks as they ran out of room. I am SURE I can feel one atm - I have felt a weird sensation on my right side for a few days and at my scan she said one was head down and the other one was laying accross so I might be able to feel that one - lol

We bought moses baskets today - £65 for two including delivery WHOOP WHOOP - dead excited now hehehehe

Csunshine - yes can you imagine lol

Seity - FABULOUS!!!!

Meerkat - hehe my sis has twins and she knew where they were and her boy was quiet and she had to have them at 32 weeks as they ran out of room. I am SURE I can feel one atm - I have felt a weird sensation on my right side for a few days and at my scan she said one was head down and the other one was laying accross so I might be able to feel that one - lol

We bought moses baskets today - £65 for two including delivery WHOOP WHOOP - dead excited now hehehehe

I bet it is the one on the bottom bunk! OMG it feels funny enough with one in there moving around. I can't imagine having 2 little wrigglers!
PS And so you should get lots of bargains for buying in bulk lol. :p

A funny thing happened today...

My DH says I'm not very romantic. :blush: So I decided to surprise him by taking him out tomorrow to celebrate 6 months of being married (we got married on 27 Feb 09). I told him to keep Thurs night free but didn't say why. Well today at work I received a HUGE bouquet of flowers from him and the card read 'Happy Anniversary. What an amazing first year! I can't wait for the arrival of our baby'.
Bless his cottons! ... Although I did wonder why he was sending me an anniversary message. :confused:

Anyway, it turns out that he remembered the date that he proposed and thought that he'd send me flowers to celebrate that it was a year ago today. He thinks that I've got the dates mixed up and that I think its tomorrow. So much for my romantic gesture - I was really hoping to surprise him but to be honest he outsurprised me first!!

But you know you have a 50/50 chance so you can't really go wrong.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Meerkat what a wonderful surprise! I love flowers and especially when your not expecting them.

Meerkat that was sweet of your husband. I'm sure he'll love your surprise too!

Vicky - So neat that you can feel at least one of them already. I can't imagine that, but I'll find out for myself eventually. I really can't imagine two though!

He did like my surprise and thinks it's funny that we're celebrating different things!
Anyway, there'll be less money for this kind of thing when I'm on maternity leave so it's nice to do it now.

Hope everyone's well. :thumbup: I can't wait for the weekend. Work is a real chore today..

Hello everyone - been a bit busy recently so not checked in.

Meerkat - what a lovely thing for your OH to do and for you to arrange something lovely for him too! It was the anniversary of me and my OHs first date today and we went back to the same restaurant and had a lovely day. It feels lovely knowing that we've got a baby on the way and I'm loving it now that I'm starting to properly show!

I got some fantastic bargains in the Blooming Marvellous sale. A great swimming cossie for£6.50! Now I can go to aqua aerobics, no excuses! They had some very good deals and I got a lovely dress for work for £14 and a great vest for £4. Had to send back some lovely jeans as they were too long so need to treat myself to another (full price) pair somewhere else.

Ellie - dare I say it...essay? Did you get it done? I managed to plow through some of the work I needed to get done before going back to school on Tuesday - yikes!

Has anyone heard from Marley?

I'm trying to eat a lot more healthily at the moment and got a great pregnancy nutrition and recipe book. Thing is, they don't tell you how to make mint aeros!:loopy:

Have a lovely weekend everyone! xx :hugs:

Oh, and I had my bloods taken this morning for my screening - find out in two weeks. Fingers crossed xx

Hi Franny - I think thats so nice re-living that first date. And I'm impressed with all your bargains too! I went shopping today, went to 5 shops trying on jeans and trousers but came back with diddly. Just one of those days I guess :nope:

On a good note though my brother and his wife came over for tea tonight with their 10 week old little girl and I think its finally starting to sink in that I too will have a :baby: of my own soon. I still find it all so amazing

PS No still no news from Marley, its been a while hasn't it. I hope she's ok :hugs:

Hi everyone, havent been on here for ages, been busy, he he he!! My baby was born on 22nd Aug at 11.56pm weighing 8lb 14oz by emergency c/sect . I had a little girl. Ive put a bit in 3rd tri about the birth, https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/182195-my-baby-has-made-early-appearance.html
Hope you are all well and will try to catch up on here as often as she will let me!!!

I'm not caught up yet - but CONGRATULATIONS soonie!! Off to read your thread now ... :)

MARLEYSGIRL UPDATE! Received a message from Marley today at 1pm:

Hi franny, am trying to post in the Old Mum thread from my phone but it's not working! Am in hospital, Andrew was born on 19th after emergency section, weighed just 1lb6. He's in Special Care but doing well for being tiny, already off ventilator onto cPap and being tube-fed EBM. I'm hopefully out in a few more days, problems with my section healing. Can you post all this up for the others? Ta!

Hope you can read this Marley! We're all thinking of you and hoping that Andrew grows quickly and you're both out and together soon:hugs:

Hi everyone, havent been on here for ages, been busy, he he he!! My baby was born on 22nd Aug at 11.56pm weighing 8lb 14oz by emergency c/sect . I had a little girl. Ive put a bit in 3rd tri about the birth, https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/182195-my-baby-has-made-early-appearance.html
Hope you are all well and will try to catch up on here as often as she will let me!!!

Hope you and Holly are doing well xx

Congratulations to soon2be6 and to Marleysgirl!!!

Marleysgirl- glad to hear that Andrew is doing well, I can't imagine how small he must be at that weight, that's great that he is already off ventilator, the steroids must have helped with his development. Hope that your scar heals up properly soon.

Soon2be - sorry it was such a difficult experience but congrats on Holly's arrival. Would love to see pics if you get the chance!

CONGRATULATIONS Soon2be and MarleysGirl :hugs:

Sorry not been around lately I will try and catch up on everyone!!

Congrats Marleys! I did think you'd probably had your LO, glad to hear he is doing well (the tiny babies just amaze me with their strength and resilience) - hope you heal quickly and can get home soon. Keep us posted when you get time - will be thinking of you and Andrew :hugs:

(I had the same problem with posting via phone, I could read but couldn't answer anything!!).

Congratulations Marleys :hugs: Im so pleased he is doing well. Andrew is a lovely strong name, hope your recovery improves.

Marley that is lovely that you and Andrew are doing so well! Glad he is stong I bet he gets that from his Mom! Keep us updated!

Soon2be what wonderful news! Holly is an beautiful name!

Congrats ladies!

Just a quicky girls ... been busy with essay (finally handed in on friday, it was s**t but at least it's in) then went away - just to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS! to soon2b6 and Marleysgirl, been thinking of you, so glad to hear they're doing well ... catch up properly later! :hugs: girls and really well done :hugs:

:blue::pink:Huge congratulations Marleysgirl and Soonie!!

Marleys - It's great to hear from you! So glad to hear Andrew is doing well and I hope you're both out of hospital soon. :flower:

Soon2b6 - Wow nearly 9lb thats amazing! I love the name Holly, can't wait to see some pics. Am off to read your story... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->