• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Older Mums' buddies thread!

yeah parents can be a bit funny like that. They have their own ideas on how us children should be living our lives and sometimes forget that we're adults and will make our own decisions. As you say, it is her loss really that she is not able to be more involved because of not understanding.

:hi: I just saw this thread today and just wanted to pop in and say hi!

I'm an older mum too, I'm 37 and pregnant with my first - after 2 m/c's. LO is due the end of August, though we conceived when I was still 36!!! (Important to me! LOL).

I worry a bit about being an older mum, though I still feel 22! I really want 2 and am sorta planning in my head about trying again when this LO is around 6-9mths old! I haven't shared that with DH yet :rofl:Am I mad!?!?

Anyway hi again and hope you don't mind me invading:hi:

You're right, it's definitely their loss .. but hopefully they'll come around. :hugs:

I'm starting my ML about the same time as you golcarlilly - it's a mix of holidays and ML (3 weeks hols, then I start ML officially) - I finish on 3rd July. 6 months of no work .... fantastic, I can barely contain myself!! :happydance: I have great colleagues and I enjoy my job but still, 6 months!!! :happydance:

tillymum - welcome! I really enjoy this thread, everyone is lovely, and it's always nice to see a new face! And in answer to your question, yes, I think you might be a little mad :rofl: but that's OK you're in good (or at least like-minded) company .. the other day I suggested to hubby that maybe we could have another in a year or so ... he burst out laughing, probably because I've always been "I don't want any children" and now I'm thinking that 2 would be a good idea :dohh: :rofl: I don't want to be too much older, if we decide to have baby #2 so it'd need to be conceived by the time I'm 38 if not before (I'm 35 just now, turn 36 in October). But if we end up with just one, we'll be happy ... maybe I should wait and see how we get on with one first :baby:

HI Tillymum, welcome to the thread! I am 39 but will be 40 by the time LO arrives :shock: (my bd is 30th July and I am due 7th Aug)

Ava, the thought of a younger bro or sis for this lo has crossed my mind too - I seriously think I am mad!!!

I finish on 3rd July too - :wohoo: can't come a moment too soon! I am taking the full 9 months off and I cannot wait to be a SAHM for a while!!

Oh I'm jealous, I'd love the 9 months!! Unless we come into some money, I don't think it's a goer ... will just have to keep up with the euromillions LOL.

We do the lottery but not the euromillions - I might start though!

We have been really lucky to have some money left to us in a will and so have paid off our credit cards and a loan we had, otherwise I would have been going back after 3 months!!

:hi: I just saw this thread today and just wanted to pop in and say hi!

I'm an older mum too, I'm 37 and pregnant with my first - after 2 m/c's. LO is due the end of August, though we conceived when I was still 36!!! (Important to me! LOL).

I worry a bit about being an older mum, though I still feel 22! I really want 2 and am sorta planning in my head about trying again when this LO is around 6-9mths old! I haven't shared that with DH yet :rofl:Am I mad!?!?

Anyway hi again and hope you don't mind me invading:hi:

Hi Tillymum, welcome, this is a really nice thread and it's good to have you on board. My OH's SIL has just turned 40 and she recently had twins and she is managing absolutely fine. She's really relaxed and just seems to take everything in her stride. So I don't think being a bit older is necessarily a disadvantage.

If you do decide to have another one quickly, the good side is that they will be close in age and hopefully will keep each other entertained to some extent. I have heard that in some ways single children can be more work because they don't have siblings to keep them company so they need more of your attention. See what you think when baby arrives and what your DH thinks though i suppose?

Hi Tillymum and welcome to the "older mums" area! Like Gol, I'm currently 39 and will turn 40 before the Bean makes an appearance - and this is my first!!!!

As for parents, well I think mine have given up on my moral well-being, and are now prepared to just go with the flow ...

Polaris - that's what I was thinking, I'm an only child ... I'm 50/50 on whether or not a second would make life easier or harder LOL. I wonder how we'll cope with one, am I going to be pulling my hair out or thinking that it's so wonderful I want to have more?! In a few months I'll know .... :rofl:

Marleysgirl - LOL - I think my folks haven't so much given up on my moral wellbeing but just kind of hope that one day I'll grow up and start acting my age .... (I hope that NEVER happens LOL).

Awww thanks for all the replies!

I think I am a bit mad to be thinking of no# 2 already but as we are house hunting right now, we gotta plan for the future! DH's response is 'lets see how we get on with one first, before you start planning the 2nd!' :rofl: maybe he's right!

maybe he's right!

Oh but please never tell a man he might be right :rofl: That must be against some rule somewhere :rofl:

My hubby is so mild mannered, and easygoing, but god, the man is NEVER wrong. At least that's what he thinks ... :dohh: :rofl:

Hi girls,
well m.s. is definitely easing up, I haven't really felt bad since Friday. But in its place I have a really rotten cold. OH had it last week and I was really hoping I wouldn't catch it!!

Oh yuck :( I hate having a cold, I always feel really sorry for myself, it's all a bit pathetic LOL. Hope you feel better soon, Polaris! :hugs:

Hello folks :) How's everyone today? You feeling better Polaris?

I just realised something today .. people are being really sweet to me! I couldn't be bothered to take the car to work this week so I've been catching the bus into town after work to meet hubby. Of the three working days this week I've only had to catch the bus once!! Twice colleagues have stopped to give me a lift ... they've been so nice.

Should have gotten pregnant years ago :rofl:

Hello folks :) How's everyone today? You feeling better Polaris?

I just realised something today .. people are being really sweet to me! I couldn't be bothered to take the car to work this week so I've been catching the bus into town after work to meet hubby. Of the three working days this week I've only had to catch the bus once!! Twice colleagues have stopped to give me a lift ... they've been so nice.

Should have gotten pregnant years ago :rofl:

That's a nice story - people can be very helpful sometimes and it's lovely when it happens.

Thanks I'm feeling much better today. Also my thesis supervisor said because I had such a dose on top of being pregnant that I should submit on Monday instead of tomorrow - really takes the pressure off so I'm delighted about that!

Morning All

Just thought I'd stick my head in here ... Things not going too brilliant, my OH got laid off yesterday, so that's both of us on benefits for a while ...

Hi Marleysgirl,
so sorry to hear about your OH getting laid off. It must be so stressful. I hope he finds something else soon. These are such difficult times.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about your OH Marleysgirl, what job does he do? The company I work for has been in administration for 3 months and have made a third of the workforce redundant - very worrying times!

I am so glad it is Friday today! And I am now in 3rd Trimester :wohoo: I can't believe I have actually made it this far, I feel so happy :)

Hi girls.
Today I am feeling so sick again. This is the first time that I have felt sick in a week, I really hoped m.s. was gone for good but no such luck. And my skin has broken out again in millions of spots. And I have that horrible taste in my mouth back. What's going on??? :hissy: I thought second tri was supposed to be all about feeling good!!

Hi

Although i'm due in October i am an older mum (35 when baby born) - would be great to chat to other mums in my age range. This will be my first and i am sooooo excited but scared also.

Anyone please feel free to pop by for a chat, we can hopefully help each other...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->