'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Hey ladies, hope everyone's well and looking after yourselves. Never thought I'd say this but I'm joining the third tri!! :yipee::yipee::yipee::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Meerkat :D

I am pleased to report that Andrew continues his wonderful weight-gain, and today is 2lb 13.5oz ..... with arms like Popeye!

Fantastic Meerkat - comes round a lot more quickly than you think it's going to, doesn't it? :D

Well done Andrew, next stop 3lb! :happydance:

Way to go Meerkat!
I've been on vacation the past week or so, so I haven't been online much.
I just found out my sister is pregnant as well, only a few weeks behind me! She's 38 and this will be #2 for her, she had #1 when she was my age, so looks good if me and OH decide to go for a 2nd after this one.

I am pleased to report that Andrew continues his wonderful weight-gain, and today is 2lb 13.5oz ..... with arms like Popeye!

Marley, that's fantastic news. PMSL about the popeye arms!! He's doing so well isn't he. :hugs:

Ava - How's Finlay? Is he still packing on the pounds? :thumbup:

Seity - Fab news about your sister, your little ones will be the perfect age to play together. And you're already thinking about your next one! he he It is reassuring though isn't it. I feel so lucky to be having my LO as I had just turned 40 when I found out and was convinced all my eggs were way out of date!

Meerkat - 3rd tri. thats great!! Out of date eggs, love it!!
Marleys - theres no stopping that boy :thumbup:
Seity - Congrats to your sister, itll be nice to have someone close to share your pregnancy ups and downs with. My husbands cousin just had a baby (well his wife did) and her sister gave birth in the same hospital on the same day within 7 hours of each other..................... you never know!!

Hey guys :wave:
haven't been around here very much so really sorry :blush: but wow everyone looks to be doing great! so many exciting things happening! Just spotted the popeye arms, :rofl: bless his lil' cuteness! when is he coming home, do you know?
congrats seity on your neice/nephew too ... and to meerkat, yay 3rd tri! I must admit, I am finding it more scary than 1st Tri, not because of the birth or afterwards, but just because there seems to be much more to worry about!
Not been having a great time really, work are p'ing me off and not being very supportive, some of us know what that's like .... can't get motivated for next piece of coursework, not sleeping well and everyone seems to want to comment about 'how much worse it'll be' etc (of course I will at least be doing something then not lying awake fruitlessly for hours, or struggling to get up for work!) , and we've still got a friend staying with us although he is moving out on saturday :happydance: oops that sounds mean, he's no trouble really (!) but can't wait to have our house back!
Also still trying to get feckless decorators to come round and actulaly bloody work!
Still, the weather's been fab hasn't it :) and i found 3 tiny little frogs in my garden yesterday, very cute, and our tomato plants have been yielding loads of yummy toms!
Hope everyone is okay?
:hugs:

Oh great news on the job polaris - how's it going?

Just answered the door to the postie - he had a box for me which was recorded delivery, massive stickers everywhere saying fragile, hmmm what's this i wondered?

some cotton wool

:rofl: jeez!

Hello there, well here goes ! just found out am pregnant well done 4 tests now ! lol and I am an older mum, its my third pregnancy having lost two in 07, so very happy, but extremely nervous as we go forward on our journey again! But I and my partner are feeling very very positive as we are in the hands of a wonderful Doc and have had fertility treatment. Just decided this time I would appreciate the extra help from you all out there who are going through similar. I have always read your pages but never joined, this time, I feel just stronger and want the world to know that I am pregnant and it's going to be ok ! so thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you all very soon, thanks

Loads of CONGRATULATIONS Blossom, sorry to hear about your previous losses :hugs:

Meerkat - yes, Finlay's still growing at a scary rate! As of last Wednesday he was 9lb 2 1/2oz, another increase of 11oz on the previous week :happydance: He's finally in Newborn nappies and clothes at the ripe old age of 10 weeks LOL. He had his jabs recently, no ill effects and he cried briefly but not for more than a few seconds. His 8 week check up went fine, everything present and correct, he's the 25th percentile for weight and he was once the 2nd, so he's catching up. I think that Finlay and Andrew are proving that early babies really like their grub! The very first time I breastfed I was told not to be surprised if he lost weight that night ... they weighed him the next day and he'd put on 30g ... he started the way he meant to go on! This week we're going to start establishing a routine - OMG this should be good for a laugh ....

Marleys - aren't we due a new picture? I want to see those arms, too cute! And have you seen sherryberry yet? I noticed in your thread that you have a BnB neighbour, be great to have each other for support :hugs:

ellie - I hope you were careful with that cotton wool ;)

Blossom - congratulations and welcome :) I love our thread, always common sense and a good giggle to be found here :D

Blossom - congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the thread! Well done 'taking the plunge' and joining in! The only problem is that it can become a bit addictive!

Ellie - I haven't started the new job yet, starting next Monday for a whole week and a half before I start maternity leave, LOL! So I'm just enjoying having a week off now - submitted final draft of thesis and portfolio on Friday so absolutely totally finished now!! It's a good feeling after three long hard years!

Ava and Marleysgirl - glad to hear that our two early babies are both doing so well! I always love reading both of your updates.

Meerkat - congrats on third tri! the time seems to have flown by!!

Hello Blossom and welcome to the group!

Yes, I agree that it's time for a new photo - Andrew was dressed for the first time today! Had really long cuddle, he was awake and interested, and didn't de-sat at all while out with me, despite frequently pulling out his oxygen prongs!

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/P1020820.jpg

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/P1020808.jpg

Awww look at him! What a gorgeous lil beastie :)

polaris well done on the submissions! what a relief! sadly i have a loooooooong time yet before i get to that stage ..... oh well, hopefully i'll have my lo to entertain me in the meantime ;)

wow 9lb, that's fantastic - nice one ava and finlay!

Marleys - wow he's really coming on!! Big boy clothes and everything, go Andrew :happydance:

ellie - thanks, some days it seems Finlay is actually attached to my boob but it is definitely paying off :thumbup: And as for the cotton wool .... :rofl:

OMG how lovely is Andrew gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone is well - many congratualtions on the completion of your submissions polaris - what a relief!!!

I have decided I am never having twins again (hehe) Its bloody exhausting - I dont have any of this second tri energy I hear about. I was talking to my sis (who has a six year old and three year old twins) and she said her twin pregnancy was soo different to her singlton so I dont feel such a failure for being sooo knackered. Sis had to stop work at 28 weeks too ekkkk.

I officially resignede myself to not going to the gym anymore and suspended my membership boooooooooo - but better to be realistic than waste the money hey.

I have worked out I can get three months off and then another two just working two hours a day whoop whoop so am very happy about that yay yay yay!!!!

Waking the dead tonight - lets just hope I can stay awake hehehe xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww - Andrew is too cute!

Blossom - Welcome!

.... can't get motivated for next piece of coursework, not sleeping well and everyone seems to want to comment about 'how much worse it'll be' etc (of course I will at least be doing something then not lying awake fruitlessly for hours, or struggling to get up for work!)

I know what you mean, what's with all the doom and gloom? People say to me 'wait til the baby comes you won't get any sleep then' or about the birth and how I don't know what's coming my way! What I don't get though is how come most of these people then go on to have more children if it's all so terrible?? :shrug: Anyway, la la la sorry rant over now!!

PS Hope you get that cotton wool fixed before LO arrives.... :haha:

Blossom - Congratulations and welcome! :hugs:

Ava - Wow sounds like the little man is doing amazingly well, can't believe he's 10 weeks already. Where does the time go?

Pol - Enjoy your week off, should get you into practice for your maternity leave! Not long now!

Marleys - So lovely to see some new pics of Andrew. And all dressed up looking cute as can be bless.

Vicky - Aw don't beat yourself up hon, it's knackering enough carrying one, I can't imagine how you get on with two little wrigglebums in there! It's not surprising you're exhausted. Do they kick about a lot?

I'm still coughing like mad but managed to sleep nearly all day today, apart from an interuption from the postie with some new boots I ordered 3 weeks ago. Hooray at last and they're fab! Not enjoying buying clothes much at the mo due to new weeble shape, but shoes and boots that's different! :happydance:

aw poor you, hope youre feeling better soon :hugs:
I get really impatient with all the lectures about how hard it will be - last week I was ready to rip someone's head off and think I upset a few people on facebook :oops:
well they should learn to be a bit more supportive and say less stupid things, I thought!

aww :hugs: vicky, it must be so much harder with two, be nice to yourself (suspending the gym is a good plan!)

I just accidentally went to the bottom of this page and there is a 'similar thread' about older mums forums which Gol posted ages ago, out of curiosity I had a look and see that she'd suggested something like this (or maybe a separate section?) for older mums but the mods said no as it might split and offend people! Oops! Hope I didnt offend anyone by starting this thread! I like it here ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->