'Older Mums' buddies thread!

good luck maybebaby, hope it all goes well - enjoy seeing your LO!

Congrats Seity on the little man! Now you can start thinking of names!

How's Chloe and Finlay doing? :baby:

Finlay's grand, thanks ellie! He now weighs 11lb 10oz and had his second set of jabs today. His only side effect has been sleepiness, which now seems to be wearing off. He really is a little star. :cloud9:

Does anyone else think that this thread is getting really exciting now? It's great watching everyone get closer to their EDD. When the thread started, everyone seemed so far away from having their babies and now they're all arriving! :thumbup:

Whilst people that I don't see send me messages saying 'are you tired? are you nervous? get lots of sleep you will need it' - trying to resist the urge to rant back that I can't bloody sleep thank you, and even if I could I can't 'store it up'!!!!! what stupid things to say .....QUOTE]

You're so right Ellie, I'm glad I'm not the only one getting peed off with this! WHY do people say you should get lots of sleep now while you can. I'm sure some people are just being smug! :growlmad:

I had my Glucose Test yesterday and they phoned today to say everything's normal, which is fab. Phew! :happydance:

Good luck today Maybe x

Welcome newbies :hugs:

well looking at all you and yr news has given me hope as im 41 in may and TTC good luck yo you all

there is hope for you hun, i am 40 years old and 14 weeks pregnant xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx good luck ttc xxxxxxxxxxx

Me too, I'm 40 (41 in March) and 31 weeks pregnant with first baby. Sending lots of :dust: your way hon xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Ellie, Chloe is doing great ~ whispers ~ I think Chloe is getting into a routine of sleep and feeding :) ~ don't want to jinx it tho by saying it out loud!!!:winkwink:

Seity - Congrats on team blue

Meerkat - good news that glucose results came back clear

Maybeb-Good luck with your scan

Ava- I know what you mean so many now near full term!

Ellie and Meerkat - I wish I could've tanked up sleep, I'm probably guilty of saying that now since C arrived :blush: I now know what they meant. So get lots of sleep while you can ladies ......(as I run for the door and hide):trouble:

I'll just pop back in to say I typed all this with my left hand!!!! ...now I'm out that door again..........

Ellie and Meerkat - I wish I could've tanked up sleep, I'm probably guilty of saying that now since C arrived :blush: I now know what they meant. So get lots of sleep while you can ladies ......(as I run for the door and hide):trouble:

I'll just pop back in to say I typed all this with my left hand!!!! ...now I'm out that door again..........

Tee hee! That made me laugh. :haha:

Just off to bed now...:winkwink:

I feel the same tillymum - I think it's because once LO actually arrives, sleep feels like such a luxury that you become envious of people who still have the opportunity to do it! Hubby and I were reminiscing yesterday about days when we'd lie in till 10, loaf about, nap in the afternoon, loaf about a bit more, stay up late and do it all again the next day. <sigh>

Oh and one more thing that's an unadultarated luxury - uninterrupted meals. Sitting down with your OH and enjoying a meal slowly without one of you (usually the one with boobs) has to jump up to feed or cuddle ... even if LO stays sleeping, you're still expecting him to wake so you can't relax properly, and you end up just wolfing your food!! :dohh:

FRIDAY YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYA - oohh getting serious now ladies its time to apply for HIP grant and Maternity Allowance eeekkkkkkkk!!!!! The boys are really kicking now and me an oh wasted away a good 30 mins last night just looking at my bump waiting for the kicks hehe cant believe we can actually see movements now. Sam worried me on wed as he had a quiet day - think he must have turned round or something. I know you dont monitor movement until 28 weeks so was just trying to keep calm but lord!!!!!

Seity - yayayaya welcome to team blue!!! Check out the snow suits is Asda the blue and white stripey ones are soo lovely I was gutted they didnt have them in my size lol (oh are you even UK? doh)

Maybeb-Good luck with your scan!!!!!!

I have been wondering about Polaris too and whether Andrew is home.

So come on then new mums what is life really like with a newborn - do you get any sleep?

I approached Homestart and my local college yesterday as they offer assistance to multiples apparently. I am scared about when oh goes back to work eekkkkk - doesnt help my mum being 3 hours away AARRGGGHHH am getting the collywobbles now lol

Thanks Ellie, Chloe is doing great ~ whispers ~ I think Chloe is getting into a routine of sleep and feeding :) ~ don't want to jinx it tho by saying it out loud!!!:winkwink:..

Damn I did jinx it:dohh:....she woke at 4.30am- fed, slept for 30mins then up again at 6am-fed, slept for 30mins then up again at 7.15am...she was going 6hrs between last feed at midnight and would wake at 6/6.30am ..then sleep 1-1/2hrs to next feed....so tired today!

Ava - meal times....she always starts to cry as my dinner is brought into the room..she can smell it cooking...... I have perfected eating with one hand and/or wolfing my dinner down in a 2 mins, while rocking her chair with my foot!

Vicky - I'm impressed that you can work out which twin is quiet and which is active - must be like riverdance when they are both active at the same time- how cool!

:throws something at tilly: :laugh:
aww i hope she settles back down today!

vicky i sense you're a bit excited! or is that hysteria ;)
amazing that you can tell which one is which! my lo is still lazy and although I can see movements (its a new hobby to watch isn't it!) it feels like they are well padded ... i used to do a lot of bellydancing and yoga so i think i did have strong stomach muscles even though they were/are covered by layers of flab :rofl:

well only 1 more week left in work but have coursework to hand in before I finish - oops - struggling to get motivated today, have done a bit of it but nowhere near as much as i intended! oh well ... let's just hope LO isnt early, then i will have a few days to finish it the week after next ...

I can really see where people are coming from with the comments about sleep now etc, we are definitely making the most of weekend lie ins, long baths and nipping out at a moment's notice! and I expect I will be saying it myself afterwards :rofl: I almost found myself telling people in 1st and 2nd tri to enjoy being comfy in bed and not having heartburn while they can :rofl: in fact I just might!

Vicky - sleep? with twins? :rofl: But you might be lucky, like those really annoying people who say "oh my son slept right through from the day he came home" ](*,). Just kidding ... kind of ... LOL.

Tell you what will be a challenge - a shower - if I didn't have a bouncy chair for Finlay I would only be able to shower when hubby is home.

Tell you what will be a challenge - a shower - if I didn't have a bouncy chair for Finlay I would only be able to shower when hubby is home.

Lol - so true. My husband can't function until he's had his shower, so he's going to have to get up and shower right after I do once the baby arrives because once I've gone to work he'll have missed his chance.

I feel the same tillymum - I think it's because once LO actually arrives, sleep feels like such a luxury that you become envious of people who still have the opportunity to do it! Hubby and I were reminiscing yesterday about days when we'd lie in till 10, loaf about, nap in the afternoon, loaf about a bit more, stay up late and do it all again the next day. <sigh>

Oh and one more thing that's an unadultarated luxury - uninterrupted meals. Sitting down with your OH and enjoying a meal slowly without one of you (usually the one with boobs) has to jump up to feed or cuddle ... even if LO stays sleeping, you're still expecting him to wake so you can't relax properly, and you end up just wolfing your food!! :dohh:

u r so right! hot food? what is that?!! lol! my 2 never slept thru til well over the year mark and even now they wake up, especially dylan who tries 2 creep in2 our bed at least twice a night! am so exhausted and that's without the baby on the way thrown in2 the mix! eek! what have i let myself in 4!?!

had my nuchal scan. dr said there didnt seem 2 b anything suspicious (measurement of 1.4mm) but have 2 wait a wk 4 the blood results. cost £193 :dohh: hopefully the peace of mind will be worth it!

My Mum was constantly lecturing me when Finlay came home because I was living on sandwiches, but I'd rather take an hour to eat a sandwich and still have it the way it was intended, than take and hour to try and eat a "hot" meal that has long since congealed ...

Good news on the scan :thumbup:

Anyone else itching to hear how Polaris got on? :) I know, I'm impatient ;)

And I was reading Marleys thread in the Premature Babies forum ... you might want to take a wee peek ;)

Yep checked earlier to see if there is any news, looking forward to hearing about the new arrival!
Just checked in on Marley's update - so happy for you Marley, fingers crossed all goes well xxx

Seity - Belated congrats on team blue! Sorry I missed your post for some reason. How exciting now you can start buying all things blue!! :hugs:

Hooray my nursery furniture arrived today! Hubs is going to build it all this week. And I also went into Mothercare and ordered a pram! A quinny buzz, starting to feel a bit better organised at long last! :happydance:

PS Still no news on Polaris? I keep checking the birth announcements. Can't wait to hear all about it. If you're reading this Pol hope you're well and enjoying your little one :hugs:

Sorry guys, I know I haven't been in here recently! Thanks for staying uptodate with my Preemie thread though.

For the benefit of eveyone else ...
  • Andrew is now off oxygen :happydance:
  • I roomed in on Sunday night to try and establish breastfeeding, but he just doesn't have the strength to maintain a latch :(
  • I'm still trying with the BF, but instead of topping up by tube, we've switched to EBM by bottle
  • He's taking the bottle just fine :happydance:
  • His feeding tube is now removed :happydance:
  • We have a Discharge Planning Meeting today :happydance:

Today would have been Andrew's due date :kiss:

No news from Polaris? Has there been a post elsewhere with her news?

Hey girls,

sorry for having been missing in action for so long!

Well we now have a beautiful baby boy, Thomas Joseph, born Tuesday 27th by C-section, weighing 6 lb 9 oz. He is absolutely adorable, so tiny, he is really like my OH as well, they have the exact same facial expressions at times, LOL, OH was imitating Thomas the other day and I was in stitches laughing because there is such a resemblance!

I only got home from the hospital on Friday, could have gone home on Thursday but Thomas was a little bit jaundiced and had been very drowsy, I was having to wake him and stimulate him for feeds, so I decided to stay in an extra day just for the reassurance and support of the nurses and midwives really. I am healing up well and much better able to function than I expected to me. And Thomas is doing brilliantly, although he is definitely a night-time baby at the moment so I'm not getting too much sleep. Luckily my OH has two weeks off work and my mum is here helping out too. He's getting weighed again tomorrow. It's amazing how every little thing is so exciting and how much he changes every day. Like his cord stump came off the other day and I was so thrilled! He's a week old today, I can't believe it.

I have loads of beautiful photos but they are on the other computer but I promise that I will post some in the next couple of days! And I'll do a birth story too at some stage! It's just hard to find the time at the moment, LOL, but I just wanted to pop in and let you girls know that everything went well because I knew you would be wondering.

Thanks for all the thoughts and good wishes.

It is hard work but worth every second of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->