'Older Mums' buddies thread!

hi girls! hope u had a lovely christmas! poor dylan was ill. he opened his presents and then proceeded 2 vomit all over the sofa. poor little man didnt start feeling better til 7pm so christmas day was somewhat tainted. erin had a great time tho! he is much better 2day and we r off 2 my parents 4 boxing day lunch when DH gets out of work. have a brilliant day and i hope santa brought u all u asked 4 yesterday and most of all a large helping of peace and happiness xxx

Morning ladies - Happy Boxing day!!!!!!!!

Ava - BP is fine yay 110/75 which is upon booking (90/60) but not enough to cause any concern.
Maybe - ohhh noo poor Dylan - glad he is feeling better today xxxx

I feel really funny today a real sense of heaviness eekkk. I am hoping its to do with too much food yesterday and a rubbish nights sleep (dog ate loads of things she shouldnt while out yesterday morning thanks to the local chinese takeaway dumping all their leftover food over the field ggrrr) soo I had a whiney dog needing to go out in the garden all night booooooooooooooooo. Sooo am hoping its this and not anything starting eekkk.

On a brighter note tomorrow is the magic 34 weeks - this is most common time for twin delivery and also their 'goal' for you as babies (all things being well) wouldnt need special care for breathing by this time. How scary that it could be anytime - although I feel that we have been on 'anytime now'duty since 32 weeks tbh 'sigh' am feeling huge now and cant even bend over anymore BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry bit of a feeling sorry for myself day today - need some more chocolate and will be fine xxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day x

Ava, so glad to hear the little man is doing so well. Love that you were tracking Santa's progress, hope he liked his Magners! If it didnt give me heartburn I'd be up for a glass of that myself!! I've got to the point where I'm ready for a bevvy, I've got a fridge full of champers ready to celebrate the new arrival!

Vicky, I had that same heavy feeling a couple of days ago but then the next day it was all back to normal again. How exciting that the little babies could be coming any day now. Keep us updated won't you x

Hugs for everyone, i'm feeling all emotional today. Wonder if it means anything... :winkwink:

Thanks Meerkat - oohh all emotional? I have had a few days like that.

I feel better in myself today but kind of like I have had enough now - everything hurts and I want to run againhehehehehehe

Ohhh well I shouldnt moan as its 34 weeks today yay which was the goal the consultant had for us so yay!!!

Hope you ladies are all doing well xxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys. Glad everyone is ok.

Just wanted to wish Meerkat all the best today if lil one isn't here already (noticed you haven't posted for a couple of day!!)

Got appointment with MW today wonder if she will listen for the HB.. hope so still needing reassurance unfortunately, but OH is worried about that as well god love him!

Hi guys. I am so happy today. Went to see midwife today everything is absolutely fine. Heard the HB loud and clear and I haven't put on the weight I lost because of MS. I am measuring 18 weeks lol but she said everyone is different and in a couple of weeks everthing should even out. AND.... to top it all when I got home I had received the letter we've been waiting for with the results of the blood tests it says 1 in 3900 so I am low risk.

Wish I could have a drink I feel like celebrating for the first time in a long time :happydance:!

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Jx

That's great news Truman! I have my GD test tomorrow. 3 hours of sitting and waiting around, whee! Hopefully all is well and I don't have to watch my eating. I'm in a great mood today because my 29 week picture clearly shows that I've finally popped and have a belly to show off. :happydance:

Meerkat hope you had a lovley delivery and can't wait to hear about it and the lovely little one as well!

Truman what lovely new! Have your friends drink one for you. LOL

Siety very nice proper bump now YEAH!

afm just counting down until next Tuesday and my scan. WOOO HOOO getting excited as I have made this far and keep feeling pg at least. LOL :dohh:

Hope your all well!

Thanks Seity & Csun. Seity you should post a picture of your bump I love looking at them on the "bumps" forum can't wait to have something to take a picture of that's not just fat lol!! Stupid question what is a GD test?

CSun enjoy the scan next week and don't forget to post your picture(s).

I have an appointment with the Obstiatrician on 12th Jan I hope we have another scan, apparently I have been transferred because in my notes it says "referral to consultant to check patient is 40" ... had to laugh ... do you think I should take my birth certificate to prove it :rofl: !

Stupid question what is a GD test?

It's a good question. Stands for gestational diabetes.

I put this bump progress picture together earlier today for fun.

Attachments

• bump_progress.jpg
    bump_progress.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 15
Thanks Seity & Csun. Seity you should post a picture of your bump I love looking at them on the "bumps" forum can't wait to have something to take a picture of that's not just fat lol!!

Ha ha!!! I am the same...... I was just looking at the bump forums and thinking...."Mmmmm, it will be a while before I post anything on there! :rofl:

I hope you all had a great Christmas, it was lovely sharing our news, both sets of parents were really pleased...my Dad couldn't stop crying which started me off!

Meercat...I hope all went well, your bundle of joy should be here now! :baby:

Csunshine, enjoy your scan next week. :dance:

Everyone, thanks for making me feel so welcome! :hi:

I am having a bad day today, have got my second cold in 3 weeks and it's a bad one! :cry: Been trying to find out if there is ANYTHING I can take to relieve it - I am supposed to be cooking for 13 tomorrow night to celebrate New Years Eve, I feel terrible because I am not looking forward to it at the minute! Am hoping to wake up tomorrow feeling much better!

Seity, cool pics I nearly a slim as you when I was 12 (I dream of those days when I'm trying to put my sock on in morning I am a size 18-20 now and very glad of an excuse not to diet for a few months). I also have to have the GD test although I didn't realise it takes 3hours OMG! Do they do it around 29 weeks then?

Firstime, sorry to hear you have another cold I guess its that time of year. I have Olbus oil on a tissue inside my pillowcase to help me sleep when I am sniffly but I don't think we can really take anything else. I went to the doctors today because my lips are so sore and inflamed and he just said "it's probably a vitiminB12 deficiency just use vasline or something"..... I am taking Pregnacare+ everyday so I think he thinks I was wasting his time but everytime I eat somthing it stings like crazy and I can't open my mouth properly... Think OH wishes I was like this more often - keeps me quiet and I can't wittle at him!

We are having a New Years Eve party tomorrow it has been organised for quite a long time, 15 people are coming plus the 3 of us and my sons friend. I got a bottle of Bucks Fizz today so I can celebrate at midnight whooooooo hooooooooooo!! I can have 1 glass!. Best part will be all the party food,all I can say is it's a bad idea going shopping when you are hungry... I bought enough to feed an army!

firsttime - hope u r feeling better soon. i am cooking 4 10 2moro. still need 2 go and get the stuff tho!!!

vicky - congrats on reaching the 34wk mark.

meerkat - hope all is well and baby is here!!!

csunshine - i bet u must be really looking 4ward 2 the scan!!!

truman - enjoy your new year's bash!!!

seity - love the bump pics. i keep meaning 2 take some but never end up doing them!

Truman - I had to take a 1 hour glucose test last week. They do it around 26-28 weeks here for everyone. I failed the 1 hour test, so got to take the longer one, which is apparently not that uncommon and most women go on to pass the 3 hour one. I'm so tired right now from having to get up early for it, but should get the results in a day or so.
Good luck with your party!

Meerkat -hoping all is well.

Firsttime - You could try a saline nasal rinse or spend some time breathing steam. You're nearing the end of 1st trimester, so midwife might approve some of the over the counter cold meds. There were a few I took with my recent cold that are considered safe when pregnant.

Csun - Good luck with your scan!

Ladies I have passed another mile stone today! My last 2 pregnancies have ended prior to today! WOOO HOOO!

yes I am getting so darn excited!

Siety you were a skinny mini before you got preggors! Not me I have quite a bit of meat on my bones. I did wear a size 10 US when I met DH and have been happily gaining since then :dohh: I promised my DH that after the baby gets here I will use my treadmill that he bought me three years ago. LOL I just crave carbs!

We are just staying home me DH and DD and having a wii tourney! I will make some munches but nothing much because on Christmas Dh didn't eat hardly anything I made for snacks! I guess if he wants it he can make it:thumbup:

i like your way of thinking csunshine! lol! congrats on your milestone!!!

helloooo ladies - sorry about not responding to all your posts but...........

I just posted this in third tri

Well the last 24 hours have been interesting - so based on the following what do you think? Something or nothing?

- MW yesterday Fynn (T1) is really far down now
- Sams head isnt jammed in my ribs now so can only assume Fynn has moved down and left him more room.
- Everytime he moves it hurts!!!!
- BH tightenings a few times overnight
- I am feeling soo much pressure when I stand its ridiculous
- Slight back ache this afternoon
- Period like cramps on and off all day
- Pains all up and down thighs (like when Fynn was transverse and killing my hips)
- no leaking or plug loss at all yet

Sooooooooooooooo what do you think? Imminent or weeks to go?

This is the third tri thread https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...002-take-your-bets-please-here-come-boys.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->