'Older Mums' buddies thread!

hellooo and welcome EmMill

CSunshine - WHOOP WHOOP YAY YAY YAY

thank you

did you have a good xmas ?

xXx

https://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx183/O-Chase/NewYear.gif

Hi Em and welcome, you are ok despite the title we aren't all grannies, only me lol! (oppss shouldn't jest ... I have a 19 year old daughter who has a "VERY" serious boyfriend ha!).

Vicky, sound promising but I don't know (seems like a lifetime ago for me) but still exciting.... keep us updated.

We had a karaoke night last night.... despite not drinking it was really good fun watching all the "Xfactor" potentials get with the swing, my son and his friend even has a go at a Bon Jovi number!.

Hope everyone had a good new years eve and here's :wine::wohoo: to a fantastic 2010 and lots of healthy happy babies. xxxx:hugs:

if i had a child at 14 who also dropped on at 15 i would be a gran , that's disturbing lol

sounds like you had a fun new year i was soo tired i never made it to 12 o clock lol

although i did wake up at 2 am with family across the road having a 3 hour aruguement in the middle of the street

Grrrrrrrr

welcome em!

vicky - sounds exciting, keep us posted!!!

time flies doesn't it!!!?!!! i cant believe only have a couple more days off b4 going back to work. I'm not starting maternity leave til april 26th and that seems like ages away at the moment and we have no school holidays here until easter (we don't have a half term like in the uk) i want as much maternity pay after the baby comes rather than b4 so i will have 2 grin and bear it. thankfully after the easter hols i only have 2 go back 4 i think it's 2 weeks. new year's eve was good. my parents, in laws and our sisters came over and i cooked. we watched the fireworks from the window and then after a while at about 2am people left. erin was unsettled though so i didnt get 2 sleep til 4am when i gave her a shot of nurofen! trust both my kids 2 get ill over the holidays! am going 4 a facial 2day i think this is the 1st time in 2yrs! typically there r thunderstorms now that i have 2 go out! lol!

well ladies I am STILL here booooooooooooooooooooooo - I was soo convinced they would be here by now I mean I am 35+1 ffs - will I be the first twin mum to go overdue in the history of the world? AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH - I know it sounds really silly but in my head they are overdue - we were expecting 32 weeks 34 if we were lucky but lord single pregnancy third trimesters are having their babies now and I am stressing that they are in there too long now - I am having placenta wearing out thoughts lol even though there are two placentas so they dont have to work twice as hard as identical twins but still. OMG HOW BAD DO I SOUND - keep cooking little boys as long as you need to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Right vent over how is everyone? We still have had no snow at all - not one flake I think we must be the only place in the UK not to - very icy but no snow.

How is everyone doing the first day back to normaility? My first christmas in farrrr too many years that I was totally sober - I had two baileys lol (one christmas eve and one christmas day)

I had the mad idea to weigh myself this morning but then thought better of it - eekkkk am far too scared. Am feeling like a whale now even more now all the fitness DVDs are being advertised xxxxxxxxx

Happy new year everyone!

Vicky - I know it might not feel like it, but it's actually really good that the twins are still in there finishing off their development. My SIL was induced at 37+5 with her twins, she was huge by the end, but the girls are so healthy and are doing so well.

Just popping in quickly to ask - any word of Meerkat? Anyone heard anything?

Hey everyone, how's it going I check in everyday for news of Meerkat ... bet she is just too busy with lil one!

Well, don't know about you guys but it snowed all night, got up this morning and we had about 3/4 inches OH car slid all over the drive and they hadn't gritted the roads so he set off and came home (think it was more to make sure I didn't attempt to go in than because he couldn't get to work), anyway it has continued to snow all day and his tire tracks are totally covered expecting it to drop to -4 tonight!!! They sent everyone home from work at 11am anyway so glad i didn't bother even trying to get to work. Although i have to say daytime tv is diabolical!! Guess I have will have to play it by ear tomorrow.

Vicky keep cooking them babies.... the longer the better.

Hope everyone is ok, anyone else got any new?.

Hi
I'm new in this group but def qualify for an "older mum-to-be". I'm 35 and first baby!!

Hi everyone...

A question...do you think over 30's get more tired in pregnancy??

Ok so my internet connection failed me last night! :blush:

We had a wonderful scan! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!
Dr could see little tadpole right away and said I was measuring 8wks :happydance::happydance: I even got to hear the babies heartbeat! :thumbup: It was 169 beats per minute.

I am so excited and very pleased how everything went. LOL I also get another scan on Jan 18th at 10:45am so it wont be an afternoon ordeal!

I am still really can't believe everything that I saw yesterday, but Dr looked at me and said didn't I tell you to wait one cycle before ttc again and then laughed and said you know Vic I'm just giving you shit. LMFAO he was so funny. We are just doing what we have been doing he said he could prescribe me a blood thinner but thought that the aspirin was doing the job so we would just wait.

So to make a long story short I'm on :cloud9:

Thanks to all you who checked up on me!:hugs:

So I haven't had a chance to catch up yet but will just as soon as I can!

Aw that's brilliant news csunshine!! So happy for you! It's such a lovely feeling to know that everything is going smoothly and you are growing a little baby!!!

Bear74 - welcome to the thread. I've already had my baby as you can see but I love this thread so I still pop in! It was my first pregnancy so nothing to compare it with, I was exhausted at times though. Even though I'm getting much less sleep now I don't have that awful crippling pregnancy tiredness where you just cannot do anything at all.

Hi everyone, and welcome Bear74. I am 40 and expecting my 3rd I am really tired all the time and can sleep for a couple hours after work/dinner everynight and still sleep for 8 hourswhen I go to bed. On saturday I went to bed at 9.30pm got up at 12.30pm Sunday and still had a 2 hour nap in the afternoon before going to bed again at 10.30 lol. So yes I am tired but I did have my children 20 and 15 years ago so I am a lot older now and it was so long ago i honestly can't remember whether i was tired or not!!!

Csunshine, that is great news congratulations again. I remember my 1st scan after the mmc. I was terrifed but when we saw lil bean, his/her heart beating away we both cried. Can't wait till 25th to see him again. Keep calling him him cause I would like a boy but I will be happy either way as long as he/she is healthy.

Whats the weather like where you guys are? it is still thick here and more snow is expected....! Didn't get to work till 10.15 this morning... blamed the snow but really i didn't get out of bed till 9am :rofl:

Hi Bear74, I'm 36 and this is my first. I haven't felt tired with the pregnancy, so I don't think that age has anything to do with it because some of the young kids seem to be a lot more tired than anything I've experienced. I'm a night owl, so I'm up till midnight/1 am and then up at 8 am for work every day. My husband sleeps a lot more than I do.

Csunshine -That's such excellent news on your scan! I was so in awe at my first scan because I just couldn't believe that it was for real. Like somehow all the pregnancy tests I keep taking up until then were lying.

Weather here since the new year started has been cold and snowy. Temp dropped like a rock when 2010 hit and has slowly been climbing back up. I think it may have been as warm as -4C during the day today!! Ok, -4 isn't very cold, when we get those lovely -degrees F that I cry a little inside. The southern California girl in me will never quite be comfortable with extreme cold and snow. I've lived here 15 years, so I don't expect I'll ever adjust.

Siety I poas the day I went for my scan. LOL :blush:

Here is a pic of our scan.
P1010599%20(2).jpg

Hi Bear74, I'm 36 and this is my first. I haven't felt tired with the pregnancy, so I don't think that age has anything to do with it because some of the young kids seem to be a lot more tired than anything I've experienced. I'm a night owl, so I'm up till midnight/1 am and then up at 8 am for work every day. My husband sleeps a lot more than I do.

Csunshine -That's such excellent news on your scan! I was so in awe at my first scan because I just couldn't believe that it was for real. Like somehow all the pregnancy tests I keep taking up until then were lying.

Weather here since the new year started has been cold and snowy. Temp dropped like a rock when 2010 hit and has slowly been climbing back up. I think it may have been as warm as -4C during the day today!! Ok, -4 isn't very cold, when we get those lovely -degrees F that I cry a little inside. The southern California girl in me will never quite be comfortable with extreme cold and snow. I've lived here 15 years, so I don't expect I'll ever adjust.

Wow..you are doing well! It's probably more to do with fitness levels then lol I'm not the fitest person in the world plus I've had a bad back for 5 years and that puts a huge strain on me.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :)

bear74 - Do you have a maternity belt? I hear they really help and if you have a bad back to begin with then it seems like a necessity. I'm considering buying one myself just because I can.

Evening All, just popping back in to catch up with all your news (which I won't quote as I'm feeling lazy). Fingers crossed for Meerkat's news, legs crossed for Vicky! Welcome to all the newbies, I was a first-time-Mum at 40 last summer with an extreme preemie who is doing stonkingly well now (started weaning today!)

*waves from the sidelines

Just popping in to see if there is any news on Meerkat? looking forward to an update.

C-sunshine congrats on the scan how exciting.

Vicky waiting for an update soon from you too - hope you are not too uncomfortable :hugs:

Hi to the new ladies:wave: congrats on your pregnancies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->