'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Hi there,
Im also an older mum, I will be 36 when this 2nd baby is due in Sept. Im 6 weeks preg now, not really having any symptoms at all really, which is making me worry a bit.
But then again, I wouldnt be me if I wasnt worrying about something!!
Im gonna find out the sex this time, so I can buy the right colours in everyting, I cant wait to start shopping!!

bear74 - Do you have a maternity belt? I hear they really help and if you have a bad back to begin with then it seems like a necessity. I'm considering buying one myself just because I can.

My physiotherapist said I couldn't have a maternity belt because of my short cervix, she said it might be more pressure.
I just have to do exercises which I'm really bad at remembering to do..plus my husband has to give me a massge every night (I don't forget about that lol).

Hi there,
Im also an older mum, I will be 36 when this 2nd baby is due in Sept. Im 6 weeks preg now, not really having any symptoms at all really, which is making me worry a bit.
Im gonna find out the sex this time, so I can buy the right colours in everyting, I cant wait to start shopping!!

I only really started having noticable symptoms at 6 weeks....and that was sickness so don't wish for that!!

Ha ha, No, Im wanting THAT particular symptom, maybe just a nudge from babs, just to let me know he/she is there, that would be nice!!!

I didn't feel any flutters until around 16 weeks which is normal. Apart from my sickness oh and sore boobs there was nothing else.

bear74 - Do you have a maternity belt? I hear they really help and if you have a bad back to begin with then it seems like a necessity. I'm considering buying one myself just because I can.

My physiotherapist said I couldn't have a maternity belt because of my short cervix, she said it might be more pressure.
I just have to do exercises which I'm really bad at remembering to do..plus my husband has to give me a massge every night (I don't forget about that lol).

That seems backwards since I would expect the belt would help support the weight and relieve the pressure from the baby on your cervix. But I'm not a doctor, just using my common sense and logic for that assumption.

Hi there,

Hi, I'm 36 and this is my first. I didn't have any symptoms till I felt the baby moving at 17 weeks. I'd have probably worried if I hadn't bought a doppler at 9 weeks and been able to hear the baby's heart anytime that I wanted reassurance there actually was a baby in there.

I will probably pur-chase one of those too, very re-assuring!!

That seems backwards since I would expect the belt would help support the weight and relieve the pressure from the baby on your cervix. But I'm not a doctor, just using my common sense and logic for that assumption.

I thought the same thing..but I guess she should know, I probably should've asked more questions.

welcome bear and char. i havent been on here in a few days and there's so much 2 catch up on lol in all the threads! was back at work on thursday and am hating it! have so much pain under my right side of my ribs and have spd so not enjoying the joys of being a primary school teacher! still ages til maternity leave starts on 26th april!!! sorry 4 the rant!

Hey everybody, hope you're all ok and the weather is not getting you down to much. I am still on penicillin but feeling much better.

Went to see Day Breakers today with OH, it had quite a few jumpy moments and loud bangs and I felt bub moving round, think he was telling me he could hear the racket.. lol.

This morning we watched a video on youtube of "baby moving in belly" OH was gobsmacked he said he couldn't wait.... mmmm, won't be saying that we he's getting kicked in the back in the middle of the night. Seriously, tho I can't wait!:happydance:

Hi everyone!

Not been on here for a while but I have just had a look through the thread and caught up! So, has anyone heard from Meercat? I bet she is having a lovely time with her new baby!

Csunshine, congratulations on the scan. It's a lovely pic.

Hope everyone is well!

hi all, just wanted to say huge congratulations to everyone on all the new babies!

Emily Nicole was born on 28 Dec weighing 7lb 12oz by c section. But I was kept in hospital for a week with suspected pre eclampsia. its all sorted now though and I'm back home but have been rubbish at getting anywhere near the internet. Sorry!

Hope everyone is well and I will log in again soon and read up on all that I've missed! Hugs and congrats to all xx

oohh congratulations meerkat- yay for your scan csunshine

Hi to everyone sorry I cant seem to open another window to reply to all the posts I hope you are all well.

We had a bit of a weekend of it - thurs I had MW and mentioned a change in movement for the babies I thought they had swapped a bit as I was feeling sam a LOT more than Fynn and its always been the other way round. She said she really couldnt tell as palpating twins is a nightmare so just get to hospital if I was concerned. Anyway fri morning came I felt Fynn at about 7am then nothing - by 9am I was concerned and did all the prodding laying and eating drinking and nothing soooo called hospital and oh and off we went. They put us on the monitor and all was fine - little wiggly boys all good yay. BUT my bp had shot up (and it had been fine the day before at mw check) and I had protein EEEKKKKKKK. SO THEY ADMITTED ME - I had to do a 24 hour urine check and 4 hourly bp check. All was fine and settled so I came home saturday. Phew Fynn was obviously looking out for his mum as I felt fine and had I not gone in for movement concerns then who knows eh.

Anyway today was our scheduled scan and consultant appointment and THEY HAVE BOOKED ME IN FOR INDUCTION - next wed 20th Jan. Its standard apparently at 38 weeks with twins but as my BP is a bit raised then they want to do it soon.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo in 8 days I will have my boys EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK

Huge congratulations Meerkat, I love the name, hope that all is going well so far. Know exactly what you mean about not getting online, I totally went off the radar for the first week or two, it's normal!! Would love to see a photo though when you get some breathing space.

Wow Vicky, not long now till you meet the twins. So exciting! And brilliant that you didn't go early on them after all!! Glad that the BP settled down for now, sounds like a stressful couple of days.

Yey.... congratulations Meerkat. Glad you and Emily are doing well. When you get settled we would love to see a picture. Everyone has been asking about you.

Vicky, well.... not long now. I bet you can't wait. Keep us updated cause you never know the lil ones might decide to make an appearance on their own!

Hope everyone is ok and doing well.

We went to see Obstetrician today she was lovely and we got to listen to bubs heartbeat again (never get tired of that)!

On another note work have arranged a weekend trip to London leaving Friday morning 21 May (my EDD is 14/06), they plan to go out around London, ride the eye and finish with dinner and drinks/clubbing etc., so I declined. I am not sure anyone is really going to want an 8 month pregnant women with them spoiling the fun and we would have to share twin rooms as well!. I wasn't that bothered about the trip but what does annoy me is that I have been told that if I don't go I have to either work or take the Friday off as holiday/unpaid, the thing is if everyone from the office is going I think it is unreasonable to expect me to work on my own in the building and on the other hand I think it is unfair that I have to use a day of my holiday when everyone gets the day off for nothing and a trip to London all expenses paid. Am I being unreasonable?

Huge congrats Meekat :happydance: - such a lovely name! Good to see you back - hope motherhood is treating you well and the lack of sleep isn't too hard. How was your induction?

Vicky - Glad you are feeling better, sounds like you had a bit of an ordeal but glad to hear all is well, and wow you'll have the boys in your arms very soon! Keep us posted!

Truman - I don't think you are being unreasonable, they can't expect you to go to London 8mths pregnant! Call in sick that day - you've got the perfect excuse!

Yey.... congratulations Meerkat. Glad you and Emily are doing well. When you get settled we would love to see a picture. Everyone has been asking about you.

Vicky, well.... not long now. I bet you can't wait. Keep us updated cause you never know the lil ones might decide to make an appearance on their own!

Hope everyone is ok and doing well.

We went to see Obstetrician today she was lovely and we got to listen to bubs heartbeat again (never get tired of that)!

On another note work have arranged a weekend trip to London leaving Friday morning 21 May (my EDD is 14/06), they plan to go out around London, ride the eye and finish with dinner and drinks/clubbing etc., so I declined. I am not sure anyone is really going to want an 8 month pregnant women with them spoiling the fun and we would have to share twin rooms as well!. I wasn't that bothered about the trip but what does annoy me is that I have been told that if I don't go I have to either work or take the Friday off as holiday/unpaid, the thing is if everyone from the office is going I think it is unreasonable to expect me to work on my own in the building and on the other hand I think it is unfair that I have to use a day of my holiday when everyone gets the day off for nothing and a trip to London all expenses paid. Am I being unreasonable?

I think your job are being a bit ridiculous to be honest. I agree with Tillymum, you could even get your doctor to write a note saying they don't advise you to travel to London at that late stage of pregnancy.

Meerkat - congratulations! Was wondering about you, so glad to hear that you are both well. Hope you are enjoying baby and what a lovely name you picked :)

Vicky - very exciting that you get to meet the boys soon, you've done amazingly well cooking them all this time! Good luck when the time comes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->