'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Update on _Vicky_
Info shamelessly stolen from 3rd tri thread posted by Tricks26:

"Hey ladies FYNN and SAM arrived at 10:12am and 10:26am weighing 5lbs 12oz and 5lb 4oz they are all doing well!!!!"

Aw that's brilliant news about the twins! Thanks for letting us know! I'm sure Vicky will be pretty busy for a little while!

Now the fun will really start, oh my goodness one is hard work..... So pleased for Vicky though.

Well only four more sleeps till scan on Monday and then OH comes home and he has decided he doesn't want to know..... I really really want to know, for lots of reasons not just because I'm selfish but I want to know, I need to know. I think my sanity depends on it. Sorry I know it sounds awful and I shouldn't be so caught up in this and I will be happy as long as he/she is healthy but in my heart I would love another son. Does that sound shallow.... sorry as I type this I feel awful saying it.

:happydance::happydance:

Oh so very happy for you Vicky! So glad it all went well and the boys are doing well! :hugs:

Update on Vicky from Tricks26

"Well I had a little text this morning to say that poor little Fynn had been taken in to SCBU, as he cant keep anything down and is not pooing, poor little Fynn he has been put on antibiotics and they are monitoring him so just wanted to let you all know to send out big cuddles and well wishes for Vicky and her little family !!!"

Aw poor little Fynn, I hope he gets better really quickly. When my SIL had the twins, one of them had to go to special care unit for a day or two because she wasn't feeding well and was very mucousy and it was really hard on her because it was difficult to visit because she had the other one. Big hugs to Vicky.

Lots of love and hugs hope lil Flynn gets better soon.

Hi ladies - hope you are all well.

Fynn is still in special care - he has NEC (dont google it its scary) but he is a BIG boy and is usually very serious in teeny premmies. They arent obviously making any promises so lots and lots of good vibes would be fabulous. Basically he is nil by mouth and on a drip for a week and then hopefully the bowel will heal itself and then they will reintroduce food slowly *sigh*

Its such a wrench as Sam is home and Fynn is in hospital so driving back and forth each day so trying to be everywhere for each of them is hard - but hey ho.

Sam is doing fantastically and breast feeding is going well - I am expressing for Fynn so when he is back on food they will use that

Will keep you posted xxxxxxxxxx

Hi ladies - hope you are all well.

Fynn is still in special care - he has NEC (dont google it its scary) but he is a BIG boy and is usually very serious in teeny premmies. They arent obviously making any promises so lots and lots of good vibes would be fabulous. Basically he is nil by mouth and on a drip for a week and then hopefully the bowel will heal itself and then they will reintroduce food slowly *sigh*

Its such a wrench as Sam is home and Fynn is in hospital so driving back and forth each day so trying to be everywhere for each of them is hard - but hey ho.

Sam is doing fantastically and breast feeding is going well - I am expressing for Fynn so when he is back on food they will use that

Will keep you posted xxxxxxxxxx

Not been on here for a while but just popped over to catch up. Congratulations on the birth of your twins and I am sending many many good vibes to Fynn (gorgeous name by the way!!). :hugs:

Hi everybody and welcome CB1.

Thanks for getting the advice for me Shining Star, I guess it is to be expected, but I don't think they have even thought about me really and I have worked there for 5 years, guess they were still shocked that I am pregnant again!. It has been a difficult week this week anyway for lots of reasons. Work gets worse, we have to make up the hours we weren't at work even though they sent us home due to bad weather on Tuesday last week and those that didn't get in over the remaining days have to take it as holiday. OH and ..... I just found out stat maternity pay isn't for the full 52 weeks and I only get 90% salary for 6 weeks!! Now it's just a case of working how much time I can afford to have off work!

Well, not long for you now Vicky, have you had to buy two of everything? I was wondering when you guys started buying for your lil bubs. I have been tempted on a few occasions but still on tender hooks.

I can't believe I am starting again when this lil one arrives I will be 41! They say life begins at 40.........:loopy:

No problem, sorry it wasn't better news. I really feel for you. Money wise, I had a complete breakdown last week ~ we have not long moved into a bigger house and our mortgage virtually doubled so I just lost it. We don't have any family within about 150 miles and I had a heart attack finding out how much a full time place in a nursery costs! We spent about 3 hours doing finance and are now living off Asda value until bubs arrives to save as much money as we can! :haha:

P.S. Life DOES begin at 40! You'll be great! :happydance:

Thanks for the update _Vicky_. I'm definitely sending lots of good vibes Fynn's way. I'm glad to hear Sam is doing so well, so at least there's only the one to worry about at the moment.

Congrats Vicky on Fynn and Sam. Sending lots of healing vibes and well wishes to Fynn. Keep us updated. Thinking of u and your little men :flower:

Sending loads of good vibes for all of you especially baby Fynn! :hugs: Remember to get your rest to as they are only as good as their Mummy! Hope your doing well and WOOOO HOOOO for BF! That's awesome!:hugs:

Congratulations on your twins vicky! Sending loads of good vibes to little baby Fynn - at least as you say you were able to carry them to term so he is much stronger than if he was preemie. It must be so hard. Good to hear that all is going well with Sam

sending good vibes 2 fynn! hope he gets well soon :hugs: glad 2 hear that u and sam have the hang of breastfeeding! :dance:

hope everyone is well. i went 2 a 3d scan on thursday and they confirmed that yes it is a boy so i shall buy a few bits and bobs soon.

oohh maybe boys are fab!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!

I havent caught up with everyones updates I hope you are all doing well xxx

I am making a shameless request for all the good healing vibes you can muster - they may be starting Fynn back on food today if the tests are good - one day early as the boy is being a pain, pulling out his tubes and is very very hungry all of which are brilliant signs apparently - sooo COME ON BABY BOY !!!!

Oh that's great news that things are going well for Fynn. Sending loads of healing vibes his way!!

Hi Vicky, hope you are ok. Sending you lots of good vibes I hope Fynn is getting better.

We had our scan on Monday we are team Pink!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->