'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Hi Vicky, hope you are ok. Sending you lots of good vibes I hope Fynn is getting better.

We had our scan on Monday we are team Pink!!

Congratulations on your little girl baby! The 20 week scan is fantastic isn't it, you can see the baby so clearly! Won't be long now till she's here!

Congrats on team pink Truman!
Just got back from my midwife appointment and at my 36 week they're going to do a growth/position scan as well as my strep b test. I'm excited to get one more chance to peek in on our boy before he's here in our arms.

Vicky you and the boys look fabulous! So very excited that they are thriving! Fynn knows he wants to eat so FXD that it goes well!

Tuman Yeah for Team pink!

Maybe Woot Woot for Team Blue!

Glad you get another scan Siety!

I can't wait until my 20wk scan I'm not a very patient person when it comes to things like that :dohh: guess I'll just have to be though!

Hope your all doing well!

Hi everyone! So glad to have found the "mature moms to be" site! I'm not very far along like most of you but just wanted the support of others. I'm 42, got the bfp 2 weeks before my birthday which was my wish! It's our first so have no idea what to expect....I knew I'd be tired but am surprised at just how wiped I am!
So, if some of you who are further along or are 2nd timers can give some advice as to the differences in being an older prego it would be much appreciated! Thanks and the best to all!

Welcome bellamamma! I got my bfp a few weeks before my 36th birthday and it was my wish as well. This is our first. My pregnancy has been great, maybe I'm more relaxed about it than some and that makes a difference?

Welcome Bellamama, you will like it here it is so relaxed. I will be 41 when bubs arrives. Thanks to everyone for your nice comments. Scans are so amazing these days, I could see lil waving away and everything is just perfect. I was so convinced I was having a boy so it was a nice surprise. I am excited about being a mummy again and deep down I am just happy to be here!.

I hope Fynn is feeling better and I hope everyone else is ok. It has been snowing again here today and I was supposed to pick up my new car but thought better of it and rang the garage to say we would go tomorrow instead. We have opted for a nice sensible 5 door mobile OH was looking at a people carrier had to remind him this may be his first but it is also our last lol!!

Hello Bellamamma I totally should have advised you about this thread so sorry! So very glad you found it!

Wow already 10wks that's huge mile stone!

hope the other ladies here are doing well!

:hugs:

Oh my gosh, the bloating is nearly killing me! Anyone else had it bad? In the evenings I'm so big I could pass for 7 months..and it's sooo painful and uncomfortable therefore I'm a bit bitc%& with poor DP! It doesn't seem to center around any particular food, hope it passes for awhile in 2nd tri!
How's everyone else doing? CSunshine bet you're holding your breath for your Monday appt like I am!

vicky - glad 2 hear that fynn is doing better! hope he is on food soon!!!

bellamama - welcome! hope your pregnancy is plain sailing!

truman - congrats on team :pink:

we went 2 ikea on friday after work and got erin a toddler bed. she loves it, it is pink! she slept well in it last night and didnt try and get out when i put her 2 bed. we shall see if that lasts.

DH is still in bed. makes me mad that he is the only one who gets a lie-in here! grrr!!!

we went 2 ikea on friday after work and got erin a toddler bed. she loves it, it is pink! she slept well in it last night and didnt try and get out when i put her 2 bed. we shall see if that lasts.

DH is still in bed. makes me mad that he is the only one who gets a lie-in here! grrr!!!

Ha! we didn't get up till 1.30pm today we were out at friends house last night and didn't home till 1am I was shattered.

Love the idea of the pink bed I want one!!!

erin loves her pink bed. there are no probs getting her in2 bed at night and the other day she was tired and she just got in there on her own with her teddy, pulled the duvet over herself and went 2 sleep! priceless! i shall try 2 upload a photo on here soon.

got a pram 4 baby the other day. i went 4 the my4 from mothercare. my parents have generously paid 4 it. dylan chose the colour - lime green as green is his fave colour and as it was nice i was happy 2 go with it! he says that mayb the baby will like green 2! bless!

We have decided to go for the Silvercross Sleepover, with linear chassis. We have looked/tried and tested lots of others but keep coming back to this one. I know it is quite bulky but I love it and I think it has to be a personal choice. OH likes the Stokke pushchair as well but I am not so sure...... It has very mixed reviews, but then don't they all. What car seat are you going for. We are having the Recaro Young Profi Plus it has an isofix base which lasts for the next size up seat as well and it comes in a lovely blue and grey colour to match my car lol!!

we r using the same car seat that we had 4 both dylan and erin and just leaving it permanently in the car. it is a bebecomfort creatis.

Hi ladies!:hi: Hope you are all well!

Vicky, your twins are so gorgeous! I am still sending good healing vibes. :thumbup: Has Fynn been put back on foods now?

Truman, congratulations on being on team :pink: ~ we have our scan tomorrow, am really nervous but so exctied to find out what team we are on!!
Your pram is lovely! We have gone for the icandy apple, am hoping it will be ok.

Seity, am really pleased that you get to have another scan! They are all so precious! :happydance:

Csunshine013, I know what you mean...the wait between my 12 week scan and 20 week scan feels like it has been about a year!!

bellamamma, congratulations on your BFP!

Maybebaby, who wouldn't love a pink bed?!? I'm glad she is sleeping well in it.

Well, that's me caught up on everyones news, I hope you are all well.

Will let you know what team we are on if bubs co-operates tomorrow! :haha:

Just back from scan and MW appointment. They seemed happy with all the scan numbers and estimate he's just shy of 6 lbs right now.
The MW measured fundal height and I'm still only at 32 cm, but since he's obviously growing they aren't concerned. She also felt his head and I'm apparently 4/5ths engaged despite not feeling any pressure down there or having to pee more often. It's starting to seem a bit more real now. Maybe we should start to get the house ready soon. Also, :happydance: final box, last month!! OMG!

Wow! Your little boy will be here before you know it!

I went for my 20 week scan today, it went really well, the sonographer said everything seemed to be perfect and we loved seeing the most gorgeous arms and legs waving around! I think it made it all seem so real today (does that sound crazy) and when she put the warm gel on my stomach I am SURE I felt the baby kick as if trying to get it off!!!

Anyway, she said she 'thinks' we are on team :pink:!!! We are so happy ~ although DH said that he thinks he is in trouble as he will be more of a soft touch on a little girl! At least he admits it! :haha:

WOOO HOOOO Go TEAM PINK!!! So very happy for you Shining

Siety glad the mw appt went well and OMG your getting so very close!:thumbup:

afm nothing new to report have my next appt to get my blood drawn and tested for my percentages a week from today so very nervous and scared, but will tackle what ever is thrown my way!

Hope your all having a lovely day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->