'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Hi guys,

Glad to hear everyone is well.

Shiningstar, welcome to team pink.... your probably like me the sonographer was 75% sure it was a girl... better not buy too much pink just yet!

Seity, I am just amazed that they can tell you how much the baby weighs. I hope I get another scan I am under the obstetrician which is a bit of a waste of time but at least I get to hear lil ones heart beat again!

I am feeling lil one move nearly everyday now. OH has felt it yet and he is starting to get mardy. When did you guys feel or see the kicks from the outside. I know this is my third but it is so long ago I really can't remember!

my baby is still breech! i am praying he will turn. i do NOT want a c section!

Thanks Truman, yeah... it's a bit of a worry (incase) she's a he!:haha: Especially seeing as though my DH has been picking out pink nursery bedding etc!!! Think we might go for a 3D scan in another couple of months to be sure (plus the fact I really want one anyway!).

MaybeBaby3 ~ Hope your baby turns round! One of my friends baby is back to back at the minute and she is due soon ~ the doctor told her to spend a couple of hours of each day on her hands and knees! Her skirting boards are spotless!! :haha:

MaybeBaby3 hope your baby turns soon.
Truman - I saw kicks from the outside at 17 weeks, but I'm pretty skinny, so nothing much between the baby and the outside. It was definitely more obvious and easier to spot when I got farther on and baby could kick harder.

Maybebaby3 - it's still early days so hopefully your LO will turn round. My LO was breech and nothing was turning him, we tried ECV and it was unsuccessful so I ended up with a c section. I was devastated and really dreading it but I have to say that it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. It's not the birth I would have wanted but there were definitely some advantages to having it planned and knowing exactly when LO would arrive. Also the fact that it is planned means there are less complications and the recovery time is quicker I think, I definitely found the recovery was MUCH easier than I had anticipated. I think it's a completely different experience from an emergency c section after a long labour and not knowing if baby will be OK.

But hopefully it won't come to that, your baby will most likely turn in the next few weeks.

Hope you ladies are all doing well!

I have some really great news Dr's nurse Angie called me with the results from my blood tests they did on Wednesday. The first range of numbers is what they give me with my age risk then the second is after they use my blood and calculate the risk.

Open Nural defect 1 in 900 less than 1 in 10,000
Downs Syndrom 1 in 75 1 in 2,700
Trisomey 18 1 in 730 1 in 9,800

These are very good so have defo opted to not do the amnio!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hope you ladies are all doing well!

I have some really great news Dr's nurse Angie called me with the results from my blood tests they did on Wednesday. The first range of numbers is what they give me with my age risk then the second is after they use my blood and calculate the risk.

Open Nural defect 1 in 900 less than 1 in 10,000
Downs Syndrom 1 in 75 1 in 2,700
Trisomey 18 1 in 730 1 in 9,800

These are very good so have defo opted to not do the amnio!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

That's fantastic news! You must be on :cloud9:

Great results Csunshine! Nice low risk.

helloooo everyone long time no write - I cannot begin to tell you how busy life is although you already mummies will know this lol.

The boys are doing really really well - 6 weeks old on thurs where does the time go. They are on routines perfectly - just wish it was the same one hahaha. Sam thinks days are for sleeping and nights for screaming/yelling/hitting his brother and Fynn is vice versa AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Anyway I hope you are all doing well here is a photo of the boys taken today xxx

https://www.labradorforums.co.uk/modules/Photo_Gallery/albums/Ruby1/m.jpg

helloooo everyone long time no write - I cannot begin to tell you how busy life is although you already mummies will know this lol.

The boys are doing really really well - 6 weeks old on thurs where does the time go. They are on routines perfectly - just wish it was the same one hahaha. Sam thinks days are for sleeping and nights for screaming/yelling/hitting his brother and Fynn is vice versa AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Anyway I hope you are all doing well here is a photo of the boys taken today xxx

Oh wow Vicky, they are so totally adorable. Really handsome babies! There is something so special about twins too!

Hope they synchronize their schedules soon!

So very beautiful Vicky!

Polaris and Siety thanks and yes can't believe how low the risks are but it's still very scary as you both know.

:hugs:

Hey girls!! just found this thread!!! I'm 31 and expecting my first baby April 26th!! Can i join you guys???

hi want2bamum!

vicky - how cute are the twins!!!!

csunshine - great news on the test results!

i am anaemic so have 2 take iron tablets. have been exhausted and stressed with stuff at home. am trying 2 keep calm but it's not easy! i wish i could start mat leave now but can't afford it so working til 4th may and due on 7th may!

Hi want2bemum, and welcome. 32 weeks not long now!!

Csunshine, great results thats what we like to see my downs was 1:3,900 that's good enough for me.

Vicky the twins are gorgeous, trouble times 2, makes no wonder you are so busy.

Hope everyone else is ok. We have ordered our pram and cot, OH's parents are paying for it thank goodness, still so much to do. The nursery has been plastered and the decorator starts at the end of next week there is a lot of stripping back. The house is so old everything takes longer than you expect. Just had a leak in the roof fixed and waited for it to think of yet another creative way to spend our money.

Anyway, I sneaked 3 vests and 3 pink sleepsuits in last week, I'm supposed to wait till we finish decorating and can build up the drawers in the nursery (we have no storage to speak of) but we haven't even ordered a carpet yet and we certainly can't afford it this month. I am not panicking yet but I really would like to finish at least one project. Perhaps the bedding for the cot and crib, I can't believe how expensive the bedding is!!!!

Oh wow!! They are absolutely adorable! I'm not surprised that you are busy! Also hope they syncronise their sleeping patterns soon!

Truman, I keep 'sneaking' things into the house too! My Dh spotted them the other day! :dohh:

Welcome, wanttobamom! Congrats..not long to go now!

Hope you are all well.

I have started feeling real kicks now! One made me really jump as it was so hard the other day! I was driving and it took me by surprise! :happydance:

Take care everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome!! :)

Iam so excited coming up on 33 weeks!!! 4 more weeks and full term!! eek!!! hahah...And on Sunday March 14th is my baby shower and i'm so excited about it!!! DH and my mom and i just finished putting all the nursery furniture together and her room is slowly getting all set up!!! I just can't wait for her to be here!!!!

Welcome want2bamom!
I had a surprise early baby! Gabriel decided to show up on Thurs night.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...gabriel-his-very-speedy-birth-story-pics.html

Congratulations Seity! Gorgeous photos!
See you over in Baby Club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"