'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Siety he is just beautiful! :hugs:

yeah for the quick birth and loved ready the birth story!:thumbup:

Well ladies only 14 days until I get my gender scan! :happydance::happydance:

I'm starting to get really excited about it now! I want to buy things now!:thumbup:

Hope your all doing well!

Hope all the new Mummie's and the expecting ones are doing good!:thumbup:

Csunshine, I take it that you are finding out!!! We are hoping to have a 3d scan around Easter, the sonographer told us that she 'thought' it was a girl.. but now I am starting to worry, think it was a bit of an afterthought!

We have started buying though..... it's like pringles! Once you pop you just can't stop!!!!! :haha:

Csunshine, I take it that you are finding out!!! We are hoping to have a 3d scan around Easter, the sonographer told us that she 'thought' it was a girl.. but now I am starting to worry, think it was a bit of an afterthought!

We have started buying though..... it's like pringles! Once you pop you just can't stop!!!!! :haha:

Yes we are finding out! I didn't find out last time and was totally wrong! I thought the whole time it was a boy and no no DD came instead, I was scrounging for a name thank goodness for my sister she and I came up with one together LOL

Only 9 days :happydance::happydance:

DH thinks the baby is a girl....:shrug: I have no clue!

I wouldn't worry. GL at your 3d scan after Easter!:thumbup:

Hi Ladies,
Newie to this site :winkwink:
Just been reading up on some of your stories and thought id jump in and introduce myself. Im an older woman (40 next week!!! :cry:) and am 23+4 wks pregnant with a little girl :happydance:. I have 2 other children , well not exactly children anymore i guess, :wacko: bit of an age gap of 23 years and 19 years so i guess there is just a little gap between them and this little one :) but its the best thing ever to be doing it all over again after all this time !! Anyway i hope i can share all your stories with you and your bumps and hopefully get advice if i need it ....23 years later you kinda forget what its like :blush:...

P xxxx

Welcome pollypop!

The ladies here are awesome and like you we're all around the lovely age of 40. I will turn 40 in July.

As for the age gap, I to have that but not as many years but still a gap DD is 11yrs old. Hope your pregnancy is uneventful and healthy!:thumbup:

Thank you ladies, i am keeping in really good health apart from sore legs at night .Im glad i found this site as i feel as though im the only older mum to be lol but now i know im not alone.Im 24 weeks today :) and cannot wait for my little buddha to arrive.Just wish i could think of a nice name for her ,everytime i think i have found one either my OH or one of the children decide they dont like it :( ....i dont think im ever going to find one that we all agree on :) xxxxxx

Welcome Pollypops! Congratulations on your pregnancy - your older children will love having a baby around and probably be a great help to you!! Glad ypu are keeping well. I was pleased to find this site as well. I am 34 so a bit younger but most of the others on the site are early 20's so I still felt pretty old! (plus this is my first even though I have been with my DH for 17 years!1

.....and cannot wait for my little buddha to arrive.Just wish i could think of a nice name for her ,everytime i think i have found one either my OH or one of the children decide they dont like it :( ....i dont think im ever going to find one that we all agree on :) xxxxxx

We are struggling too!!! We started with a 'shortlist' of 22 names, we knock one off each every weekend so we are now down to about 12 but I can't see us ever making a final decision!!! :dohh:

Take care...

Csunshine...not long til your scan now!! I'm getting excited for you! :happydance:

What an absolute awesome thread! So neat to see us "well tuned" (I won't say older as age is only a number) women having such beautiful success stories!

I'm 39 and would love to be a part, if you don't mind. I do tend to lurk a bit and don't post a whole lot, but would love to find a place where I can feel comfortable and belong. :flower:

I'm currently expecting #4 (and this baby will be the last addition to our family) -- have 2 daugthers (17 and 2 years old) and one son who is 15. I am :cloud9: at the moment and just feel SOOO fantastic! I'm truly ready to enjoy this last pregnancy and am thrilled, feel blessed and very lucky that I have the chance to do so.

Well ladies went for my scan yesterday morning and we are on .......

TEAM BLUE

So very happy! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Welcome Catters it's a wonderful thread here!:thumbup:

congrats on team :blue: csunshine!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

i went 2 the MW and she is not sure about whether the baby is breech or not. she has referred me 2 the consultant. i have an appointment on 13th april so fingers crossed he will be head down! am now awaiting my blood results 2 c if my iron levels r up.

Congratulations on team blue, csunshine! Can't believe you are half way through your pregnancy already!

Maybebaby3 - hope your baby turns out to be head down. My LO was breech and I had a c-section on him, I was devastated at the time but actually it was fine and the recovery was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.

Happy easter everyone.

Hi guys, not been around for a while. Would like to say I have been busy but to be honest other than going to work everyday I do little all else lol! Getting sooooo lazy.

Anyway, congratulations Seity, Gabriel is gorgeous and such a lovely name.

Welcome to Pollypop & Catters - same boat as me with the age gaps. DD will be 20 and DS will be 16 when lil one is born. DD doesn't really say much as she is at uni and has her own life..... but DS it kinda looking forward to having a lil sister to take care of even if doesn't say it, he had such a smirk on his face when I told him we were having a girl, I think he likes the idea that he will always be my lil boy. Made me laugh the other week he had his hand on my stomach and felt her move.... he moved it very quickly saying "mmmm bit gross but as least I can tell her I felt her move when she was in your stomach"... made me laugh out loud and smile for the rest of the day!!

But I know what you mean it seems such a long time ago now, but I am sure it will all coming flooding back to me, a bit like learning to ride a bike but far more thrilling lol!

Csunshine - congratulations on being on team BLUE. Makes shopping a little easier I have noticed that most stores are either one way other the other (either pink or blue) not much in the neutral zones... although I really don't want to buy everything in pink!

Maybebaby - hope lil one turns for you, a friend of mine's lil one was breach but they turned her a couple of weeks before she was due (not a comfortable experience but she really wanted a water birth and said it was worth it.....)

Polaris - a girl I work with has opted for another c section with baby no 2, she made me laugh when she said she was too posh to push!!!! She isn't trust me, but she said she thought it was better than the natural birth as she knew when and where it would happen and how long it would take - guess she has a point!.

Hope everyone else is ok, according to my dates I have 11 weeks to go but the hospital have but me down for 12th June a week earlier..... guess we will just have to see. All I know is that I only have 8 weeks to work!! :happydance:

Csun - congrats on team blue!
Welcome to the new ladies. It's good that we keep getting new women to keep this thread going.

Hi Ladies , Thank you for your nice welcome :) its great to feel like you belong somewhere lol. My daughter who is 19 has a friend who is expecting too and it makes me feel like the ancient one when she comes over to borrow my doppler and asks me loads of questions (not that i mind ) as i seem to be old hat at this she said ( my daughter thinks this is hilarious)so as you can imagine its great to find a site where i dont feel so old lol . Well not much has been happening since i last posted, oh yeah my 40th last week was spent in the maternity being checked over :( but thankfully little buddha is fine and hasnt gave me any more worry since (except im sure she moves far too much :) ). I hope all you ladies are keeping well and congrats Csun on team blue!! xxx

Polly glad to hear LO is not giving you any more worries, Happy Belated Birthday! You'll have to celebrate propperly once the baby arrives. LOL well as propperly as we do at 40 any way. LOL

Wow it seems like ages since I've come to this thread. Thanks to you all for the congrates on the Blue team it was truly a shock I was for sure I was having a girl but that just goes to show it can happen.

Thank you Csunshine :) yeah cant wait to celebrate properly :) .....cup of tea and a cream cake doesnt quite cut it for your 40th lol .
LO seems to have settled in thank goodness and its dancing away in there as i type ( love that feeling ) and LOOK i have moved up a box !!!!! How exciting ;).
Sun is out and the shops are calling my name so a little retail therapy is in order ladies :) You all take care and i will speak to you all soon .
Polly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->