'Older Mums' buddies thread!

i'm still here. have had some BH contractions but nothing labourish! am so annoyed as am past my due date now and with my other 2 i went in2 labour on my due date. we even drove in2 spain 2 the airport 1 1/2hrs away 2 pick up my sil but no contractions. i thought maybe bing in another country and further away from hospital might send me in2 labour :rofl: my fil though i was mad!

mw said that she'd give me a stretch and sweep 2moro night (she's a friend so she told me 2 go in 2moro when she's on duty) so i hope that starts something off. going 2 have a cup of RLT now and then do some housework!!! fun!!! and then take erin 2 park 4 a bit. dylan is with my mum in town.#

oh and yes oh decided on a change of name 4 LO.

Morning, how is everybody.

Hi Maybe, you message made me laugh. Guess we will try anything. According, to the hosptial I will be 35 weeks on Tuesday but only 34 by my reckoning! Think I'm favouring the hospital right now.

Had a terrible nights sleep my hips hurt like hell when I'm in bed. So bad last night I didn't notice the itching quite so much!!. I'm shattered today and feel a bit emotional, OH is lovely and keeps asking if I'm ok which doesn't help cos then I feel sorry for myself lol!! Baby was very busy last night as well, whilst I was on the sofa it felt like she was pushing and shoving for over an hour it was not comfy at all.

This morning I feel really heavy in my nether regions, it's making me walk funny! Do you feel like this I know you must be really ready to burst, and you are further along but I just can't remember feeling like this before it was so long ago since I had Daniel I get so frustrated.

Anyway, I hope everything goes ok for you today/tomorrow, I have heard alot about these sweeps and stretches keep me updated. I hope it works! xxx

well i am still here and still pregnant. i am hoping that the stretch and sweep tonight will set something off. i have cleaned the kitchen and now sat down 2 have a RLT. after that i will tackle the living room and hopefully the activity will set something off (wishful thinking right!?!) the pressure u r feeling is prob the head moving down but as it's not your 1st baby then the head can move in and out of the pelvis. i feel really heavy down there a lot of the time 2 and have been waddling 4 ages now! Lol! so attractive!

Ha! what is RLT??

Are you worried about the sweep?

I have just washed lil ones clothes and bedding and pegged it out to dry (wishful thinking), although the clouds are coming over now grrrhhh!What is the weather like in Gibraltar? I wish I was somewhere nice.

OH is out measuring York Stone slabs from the garden, we have lots let over from the barbacue area built last year. He is going to put them on ebay god love him so hopefully we can raise extra funds for the crib (this baby lark is sooooo expensive!).

By the way love the name Owen, what are your other two boys called?

Hey maybe , hope your not hanging around too long now :) wish it was my turn..feel as though ive been pregnant forever :( .Keep us all posted

Polly :hugs: xx

Good luck with the sweep maybebaby3. Hope you see your LO soon.
I go back to work tomorrow and hope my husband manages OK without me there and that I have enough breastmilk expressed for him.
:wave: Welcome to the new 'older moms'.

Hi Seity, hasn't time flown only seems 2 minutes since Gabriel was born. Do you feel ready to return to work. I have always loved my job but of lately I can't stand being there.

Hope everyone else is ok, still waiting for an update Maybe.... hope you are ok. Perhaps no new is good news. Wish it was my turn have a whole new set of worries now.

It's a bit weird having to pump instead of breastfeeding Gabriel, but otherwise it feels good to be back at work. I love my job, which makes a big difference.

hey! i'm still here and pregnant :haha: the sweep was a bit of a disaster. my cervix was way back and unfavourable :hissy: she just managed 2 get a fingertip inside it (sorry if tmi!) i am having another one tonight hopefully!!! maybe i will get some better news then! if nothing happens i will be induced on monday, which i'd like 2 avoid really!!! i lost my mucus plug yesterday but nothing else has happened apart from BH.

Truman - RLT is raspberry leaf tea. it is supposed 2 make uterine contractions more effective. The weather here has been variable here. not cold but it has rained on and off the past few days. My children are called Dylan and Erin (boy and girl)

Polly - i know what u mean when u say it seems like you've been pregnant forever!

Hey Maybe, good to hear from you. Of course boy and a girl, I am losing my marbles don't know why I asked your signature tells us DOH!! Good luck with the next sweep, fingers crossed.

I finish work in two weeks so I might have to buy RLT after that and hope, although from past experience I will still be sat here 6 weeks from now lol!!

Anyway, my son had his school prom last Friday he looked lovely, I am so proud of him.

Thought I would share a photo.

Attachments

• DSCN0442.jpg
    DSCN0442.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
hello ladies it's been a while since I posted, sorry been a little busy and got caught up in life you know how that goes.

Maybe fxd the sweep works this evening!:thumbup:

Truman very handsome son you have!:thumbup:

afm just cruising along go for my gluco test next Wednesday.

Seity glad you made the transition back to work so smooth! It makes a world of difference if you like your job!

Welcome new older mummies!

truman - your son looks very smart and handsome!

csunhine - hope your glucose test goes well!

i am being induced 2day. have had 1st pessary and have been sent home til 2pm as we live literally across the road from hospital. good thing as hospital has no internet access so will be cut off from here for a few days. have had some periody type pains but nothing major. they said it could take til wednesday :wacko: they will give 2 pessaries 2day, if nothing happens 2 again 2moro, if nothing happens then on wed they will break waters and start a drip. so i guess it could take until thursday til he's born :dohh:

Hi Maybe, just wanted to wish you well. I will look forward to reading your birth story and can't wait to see pictures of baby Owen. xxx

Hi guys, just checking in .... no news from Maybe??. . Hope all is well with everyone looking forwarwd to hearing updates.

Hi Cherrybee. Welcome. That makes you what? about 5 months. How's it going. Do you know what you are having? Do you have any other children?

I finish work Friday.... yey!!! 4 days and counting and my son finishes school for exam revision (I'm sure he's thrilled to have me hanging around all day)!

According, to my calculations we are 36 weeks tomorrow according to the hospital 37 weeks. In the early days I was happy to stick to my dates but now I use the hospital date cos it makes me feel like the end is nigh lol!

Hi all. Owen was born on 17th May at 10.05 weighing 8lbs 14+1/2 oz. Once labour got going it was v.quick. pains got bad at 7.30pm, at 9pm was 5-6cm and at 10.05 owen arrived after 5mins of pushing. it was v.intense and painful but worth it! had a stitch but healing well!

Attachments

• GetAttachment[4].jpg
    GetAttachment[4].jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
  • GetAttachment[5].jpg
    GetAttachment[5].jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1
  • GetAttachment[8].jpg
    GetAttachment[8].jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi all, I'm 34 and expecting my second around 3rd Sept. I have a 20 month old daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->