older yummy mummy thread (30+)

Good luck with the phone interview!

Here's a picture of Gabriel eating his ice cream cake for his 1st birthday:
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5012/5500107457_c56cc65179_m.jpg

Happy Birthday, Gabriel !!!

That's a cute picture Seity:hugs:

How did the telephone interveiw go, Am3y ?

great pic seity! can't believe he's a year old already!!! i remember when we used to post on the older mums pregnancy thread like it was yesterday!!

Hi girls, can I join you all?
I'm 36 this year and have a 16 month old and just started NTNP for number 2.
I only just stumbled on this thread but I see there are a few familiar faces.

Hi polaris :wave:

Happy Birthday Gabriel!! :cake: what a lovely picture!

the interview was ok - I didnt get the job but it was really good experience and hopefully there will be more interview to come and one will be a yes :)

Hi polaris!
a3my -Glad you feel the interview was beneficial.

Hi polaris! I have chatted with you before on other forums..Welcome:hugs:
a3my - Sorry you didn't get the job but it's good the interview was beneficial.

hi polaris :wave: i remember you from the older mum's pregnancy thread! how is thomas doing?

amy - sorry you didnt get the job. hopefully next one!

Thanks for the welcome girls!

Thomas is great, I can't believe he is 16 months old already, he is a proper toddler now, running around the place getting into everything. I'm really loving this stage, he just seems to learn new things every day, it is really amazing.

I feel a bit worried about trying for another baby as I can't imagine how I could have enough time and attention for both of them. I look at everything I do with Thomas now and there's no way that my next baby will possibly get so much undivided attention. But everyone reassures me that it will be fine so I'm hoping that it will. That's assuming that we are lucky enough to have another one. I got pregnant on Thomas pretty much straight away, second cycle after coming off the pill, but I was charting etc. whereas I'm planning on taking a more relaxed approach this time round, for the moment anyway.

polaris - I had the same fears when i fell pregnant with holly, there are only 15 months between my girls. But what people tell you is true, you have enough love and time for two (thats what makes us supermums :winkwink::haha:) and its just brilliant when you have two. I would say it completely enriched Emily's life having a little sister :hugs: Good luck with ttc :hugs:

maybe- hopefully next one for us both :winkwink:

urgh, Alex has had a temperature all week. He's terrible at night but quite happy in the day. I took him to the docs just to check he doesnt have an ear infection or something but she said he just had a cold and is probably teething. I really need some sleep - I'm running on 2 hrs a night :cry:

amy - hope alex is better soon

polaris - i second what amy said. dylan and erin are 21 months apart. it was hard work but worth it :) when owen was born dylan was almost 4 1/2 and erin was 2yrs 8 months. it was an easier gap. having 3 has been an easier adjustment than when i went from 1 to 2!

It's a tuff decision on what age gap to have between :baby: DH and I decided to start TTC when Emily was 10 months old since we had trouble conceiving last time...best of luck at what you decide:hugs:

Emily is sooooooooo grumpy the last few days.. I'm not sure it is a phase or if it's something else.. I know she's teething but she's never been like this.. Is this normal for a one year old to go through a grumpy, clingy whinney stage:wacko: ?

Age gap decision was easy for us. We don't want any more. :rofl:

future - toddlers get frustrated a lot as they cant communicate well enough yet and they want to do things they cant yet so the stage you're describing sounds normal.

Uggggggg..
She had lost some weight at her last DR appointment ( I assume from being more active ) and then suddenly she couldn't eat enough food. I was feeding her every two hours and it seems she is still asking for more..I am going to assume she is going through a growing spree.. now she is being whinney, clingy and frustrated.. I am trying to figure out what is the problem:dohh:.. she won't even let me go to the bathroom.. nothing like sitting on the loo with a toddler hanging off my leg crying:haha::dohh:

Sounds like the 12 month growth spurt.

future my kids wont let me go to the toilet alone! it could be separation anxiety too maybe.

Been awfully quiet in here..
What's everyone been up too ?

not much future! am applying for a new job. my current job is music co-ordinator in an infant school and am applying for the same job but in a middle school. i wasnt successful with the 1st application but now another vacancy has come out so am applying. the catchment area is not a good one but the staff are nice. i have to apply by tuesday so i will get that done over the weekend. how's ttc going future?

Good luck on the job, I hope you get it[-o<

As for our TTC journey..

We have some fertility issues and used IUI to have Emily. This time we wanted to try on our own for a while to see if the last pregnancy had kick started our fertility.. no luck as of yet.. so we are heading back down the same route ( IUI ) as we aren't getting any younger and we don't want a big gap between our LO but I have learned that we must go through all the same testing we did a couple of years ago.
Apparently they must redo HSG, :spermy:, blood work ect. every year ( when TTC with treatments )
So that is very time consuming so we are starting my next cycle in April.
I am not really excited about it since I found some of the tests down right painful.. makes me releaize that I took my ferility for granted when I was younger:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->