older yummy mummy thread (30+)

Good luck with the job maybe. I hope you get it.
Good luck with the tests future.

I've just been very busy at work. We just had some good news and it looks like my OH will be starting work part time in the evenings soon. :happydance: We can really use the $$. We were originally hoping he was going to get hired in early Jan, but they needed to wait for the business to pick up and we were wondering if they were going to change their minds.

seity - great news about your OH job! loving your new pics of gabriel :D

future - good luck with the iui and tests leading up to it.

erin has chickenpox and there's something wrong with owen but not sure what, maybe teething but he keeps crying out :( not going to be a good night :dohh: dylan is at my mum's for the night so one down and at least he'll get an ok night if the other 2 are awake a lot of it. danny's on nights so i am on my own.

future - good luck with the IUI - I'm really sorry things didnt happen naturally for you this time :hugs:

seity - great news about your DH's work! :thumbup: I love your new Gabriel signature!

maybe - hope your brood gets well soon and that nights arent too bad!

well we've had some glorious spring weather and have been enjoying the garden. we're doing the house up, we've almost finished the dining room. The kitchen is our next job, its just dismal in there and i cant wait to rip out all the horrible cupboards!

Evening!!

I am Becs, 31 and first time Mummy to Hope who is 6 months!! Took us 6 years to conceive Hope and she was worth everything we went through.

I have just come across this group!!!

Have to say I felt old in hospital, all the other Mums were alot younger than me!!

Hi Becs - :wave: lovely to meet you, Hope looks like a real cutie! i've had it both ways, when I had my eldest daugter I was 21 and felt much younger than the other mums and at 31 when I had my son I felt older :haha: wow, 6 years! congratulations :flower:

hi becs! welcome to the group :flower: i felt old in hospital too! there were 16yr olds there!

Thank you for the welcome!!!

Tbh I am glad I am this age, me and my husband have been married 7 years so we have lived lol!!!!

yeah i feel like that too! danny and i started going out in 2000, married 2004 and dylan born 2005 when i was 28 so it felt like a good age. TBH dont think i could've coped as a teen mum :haha: and like you said we'd done all the partying etc first :thumbup:

Exactly, I have friends who had babies in their late teens and their kids are now at high school!!! Scary stuff!! It took us so long to have Hope, Ian's job doesn't help, being in the army and going away is not good for baby making lol!!

yeah that's tough! are you planning to have more? danny's cousin was at school with me and her 1st son is almost 16 now :wacko: and now she has an almost 2yr old too. i take my hats off to teen mums, i was too interested in going out and having fun to contemplate a baby! i only started thinking about it once we got close to the wedding.

:wave: Becs, 6 years..wow..good for you !! She is beautiful:hugs2:

seity, Congrats on DH's work !! Love the new pic's too... he sure is a sweeie:friends:

Am3y, I can't wait to start doing some spring cleaning.. we still have tons of snow here so it might be awhile.. Are you re-doing the whole kitchen ?
I can't fathom living without my kitchen even for a day but all new cupboards will be well worth the disruption:dance:

maybe, :hugs: two sick LO is tuff. You said Erin has chicken pox, has the others had them before ? Or will you be going through this for awhile ?

Emily has been so sick the last five days with a fever and runny nose.. we finally took her to the DR this morning and she figures she has a touch of RSV:shrug: I have never heard of that but she said it was common among babies up to the age of 3..

Maybebaby3, I am not sure if I want another, I had a pretty rough time in labour and birth so still getting over that, its resulted in me having PND. I keep thinking that if we do decide to have another I would like to start trying next year, I don't want to be too old lol!!

future - wow you still have snow! when does it normally tend to warm up there? We are re-doing the whole kitchen, including knocking out a wall. Its going to be a mess and horrific to live with for a while but it will be soooo worth it! We may have to sell if I dont find a job soon but I am hoping we are doing it up for us :thumbup: Poor Emily, RSV can be nasty. I think maybebaby's son Owen had it this winter. Hope she gets well soon :hugs:

becs - :hugs: for the PND, I had it after my second daughter and I know its tough :hugs::flower:

becs - :hugs:

future - no the other 2 haven't had it. i am mentally preparing myself for a few weeks of this :dohh: RSV is horrid but hopefully she hasnt got it too badly. hope she gets better soon!

amy - have got my fingers crossed you'll find something and wont have to sell your lovely house!

Maybe, how long did your kids have it ? Emily has been suffering for about 6 days and still doesn't seem any better.

with erin and dylan they had it for over a week. the cough lingers. it caused bronchiolitis and they were given inhalers. owen was messed with it longer as he got microplasma and had 2 have 2 courses of antibiotics.

:wave: becs
future - I can't wait for the snow to stop here. We keep getting a few sunny days and then a bunch of snow again, must be the same weather you're getting.
:hugs: to all the sick babies. Gabriel's only had two colds and the second one wasn't much of anything and I hated that. I dread him getting anything worse, but I know its inevitable at some point.
My baby brother had his first when he was 18 and his oldest is a teenager now. Scary stuff. I wasn't going to risk getting pregnant when I was a teenager, heck I was too afraid of getting pregnant to have sex until I was 25 and then I was super careful :haha: I was more than happy to wait for kids until I got married, that just didn't happen until I was nearly 35. Most everyone I know doesn't bother having kids until they are at least 32 anyway. I don't see the rush. I'm in a much better place financially and mentally then I would have been if I was younger, but obviously everyone is different and wants different things out of life.
I'm glad you all like the pics. I felt it was time to change the siggy up again.

wow! 18yrs old seems soooooooo young! i was the 1st of my group of friends to have kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->