older yummy mummy thread (30+)

Yep, my OH is working 1-2 evenings a week now. It's not a lot of money, but it's great experience should he ever apply for work elsewhere in the future.

seity thats great and every penny helps :thumbup: Happy Easter everyone :hugs:

i am sunburnt! we went to a beach party and i am radiating heat!

Hellooooooooooooooooooo ... I didn't know we had an older Mums thread here. Can I come in, even though I'm not yummy? :D

Maybe, I am so jealous that you even have the weather to get to the beach. We are just starting to warm up here,, far from beach weather though:haha:

Marley, Welcome:hugs:

Seity, How is DH liking his new job ? Bet it's nice for him to get out even though it's just for a few nights !

Anna, How are you feeling ?

Amy, How have you been ?

:hi: Hi ladies! How's everyone?

I'm feeling pretty good - I've definitely "popped" though, at about 8 weeks along :) Tired a lot, and nauseous, but all's well. Looking forward to our first MW appointment next Friday.

How are all your gorgeous children? Everyone enjoying the spring sunshine? Anyone else looking forward to the Royal wedding tomorrow? I am :) Will be watching with Alyssa - she told me she wants to see the Queen :)

x

Thanks future_numan.

Seity probably remembers me, and maybebaby definitely does! I was a November Sparkler in 2010 but Andrew arrived almost 3 months early, so I had to decamp quickly into the Premature baby thread. For the record, I'm definitely an oldie - first baby after my 40th birthday :)

marleysgirl -lovely to "meet" you :wave: how is Andrew doing?:flower:

maybe - I hope your sunburn goes down quick!

Anna - our lovely spring sun has gone :cry: its forecast as overcast, drab and chilly tomorrow :dohh: still, we are going to a village street party which will be fun :happydance:

future - how are you doing? x

well I only have 1 full week left at work then I am redundant from may 10th :wacko: seems crazy!

marleys - glad you found us! :thumbup:

anna - glad all is well with you and bump! i am watching (or trying to watch :haha: ) the wedding much to dylan's disgust as he wants to watch boomerang :rofl:

future - it's crazy weather here at the moment. sun and beach yesterday and torrential rain today :dohh:

well the sleep training appears to be paying off :thumbup: now that i have said that i bet that i'll have an awful night tonight :haha: last night we had only 4 wakings :happydance: i can't remember ever having that few! i'm so happy :D i bet now he'll wake 20 times tonight. i have kept going with the shush/pat so i will continue with that. as predicted i will have to keep this short as the kids are starting to take all the toys out and make a mess of the living room which was semi tidy last night :dohh:

With the time difference between the UK and Canada, I got the watch the Royal Wedding in peace before Emily got up..I missed the kiss but got re-caps.. well worth getting out of bed at the crack of stupid:coffee:

I am well.. I am 3 DPO so [-o< for a :bfp: since this is our 7th cycle TTC:dohh: ..

Maybe, Our weather here is getting better but it's still cool and no where near beach weather.. Ice is finally off that lakes:haha:
The last few days we have been having pretty brutal storms with high winds and heavy rain.. but lawns are starting to green up and I see buds on the tree's:happydance:

Marley, 40 is now the new 30.. I will be 39 this year:shock:
I don't know where the years went but I don't feel "old"

future - hope this is your month and you get your :bfp:

anna - how's the pregnancy going?

well there has definately been a marked improvement with the sleep training! last night owen slept 11.30-6.15 :happydance::dance::wohoo::yipee: it was probably a fluke but it was nice. i kept waking up as i am not used to it but it was lovely to be able to just turn over and go back to sleep instead of having to get up to shush/pat. i am not expecting a repeat performance though!

:dance: So glad things seem to be going well on the sleep front! :)

Pregnancy going really well, thank you :) 6 days to go until my first MW appointment, and I can't wait. Really, really want my scan date - we're so excited about seeing Pip for the first time. I have "popped" and I'm only 8 1/2 weeks along, so not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep things under wraps at work!

happens with 2nd babies usually! or maybe it's twins, seeing as you have popped and have been feeling quite :sick:

are you planning to carry on bf and tandem feed?

happens with 2nd babies usually! or maybe it's twins, seeing as you have popped and have been feeling quite :sick:

are you planning to carry on bf and tandem feed?

Definitely going to carry on BF as long as Alyssa wants to. If that means tandem nursing, then let's go for it :) Waiting to get my hands on Adventures in Tandem Nursing by La Leche League as it's apparently THE bible on nursing through pregnancy and tandem nursing.

Twins? Oh goodness, where would we put them in this house? :rofl:

hmm i have the space problem already. i want to move to a 4 bed flat but danny wants to stay put in our 3 bed!

We have a space problem with only the one child. Lucky we don't want more or we would definitely have to move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->