older yummy mummy thread (30+)

I think no matter the size of your home ( within reason) there will always be a space problem because more space = more stuff..

future - that is so true! I am really bad at hoarding so our house is over crammed :haha:

Our room is 12X11 ft and that's the biggest. Our son's room is 10x10 ft. I really don't think we could swap rooms and fit 2 kids in ours, even if I thought we could fit in his.

seity - our room is about the same size as yours and we have Alex in with us as there is no room for him - my girls have the other two rooms. not sure what we'll do when he needs a bed! our house is quite small really but we have a nice garden so in the summer I dont notice the lack of space as we're always out there.

I don't find the simple things of having children take up alot of room.. it's all the other c*ap them seem to aquire.. toys, swings, pillows ect. that take up so much room.
We live in a fair size home and there are only the three of us ( my other daughters are away at school) and I still find I don't have room ( and we have 4 bedrooms).
Mind you I run a business out of my home so that takes a fair bit..

my entire flat is 80sq m. our living room is the biggest room and i have a pile of toys in there as the kids prefer to play in there than their rooms. erin's room is so small that we're having trouble finding a bed to fit :dohh: she has a small toddler ikea bed at the mo. i would like a raised bed though so i can fit stuff under. she has a fitted wardrobe across one wall (which was there when we moved in) and the only other option is removing that and custom building something else but we have no money at the mo!

Our rooms are small but the livingroom / kitchen is an open concept so that is our biggest area.
All of Emily's toys are in the livingroom , she prefers to be there since that is where I spend alot of my time !

I haven't a clue the sq ft of our home but we have a unfinished basement so that's added space..

I live way outside of town . Any good shopping is an hours drive away. I find homes are alot smaller the closer to the city you get !!

My Holly's room is the smallest and she can barely move in there. I'd love to get her a cabin bed type thing but they are sooo expensive!

future - you're so right! my children have so much cr@p :haha: they are like me and hate throwing things away. It drives my DH nuts as he likes the minimal look!

Amy, mine is the same way.. he is forever after me to rid our home of stuff..
I have parted with some but what if we have another :baby: I would just have to buy stuff over again ( that's the excuse I used for everything).
I have a hard time parting with anything that reminds me of prenancy or when Emily was smaller.. I even keep the ratty ol' leggin's I wore when we paint the nursery:blush:

i have a cluttered flat too :) i am a hoarder too! i need to have a clear out though.

owen woke over ten times last night! i lost count :nope: am soooooo tired. bf in bed now. thought he'd be sleeping better by now as he's been in his cot at night for about 2wks now!

Awwww:hugs: Poor you..
He did so well the one night so it is possible..
As I remember Emily did the same thing.. some night were great and then a couple would go by that were h*ll..

i have been in the bedroom with him for about an hour and he thinks it is all a big game :nope: i am losing all will! i have left him there and he is screaming. every time i go in i just lie him down say shush and walk out. he stops crying as soon as i walk in the room and starts crying when i go out :dohh:

Stubburn liitle fellow.. you must be at the end of your rope !:hugs:

:hugs: Are things any better with Owen?

Had my first MW appointment today, all well! :thumbup: Next one is June 17th, and I'm just waiting for my scan appointment and my consultant appointment in the post (referred because of my BMI being 40 :blush: and the fact that my sister developed gestational diabetes)

Glad all is well so far Anna.
Maybe - Gabriel has been extra tetchy at night these days. I'm sure it's due to teething, but it very frustrating to spend 1-2 hours every night getting him to sleep.

anna - glad all is well with your pregnancy :) is the MS still there?

seity - sorry you're having it bad sleep-wise too :hugs:

last night was the pits. owen woke up twice every hour :nope: any ideas girls? am going to lose my mind soon :dohh:

Oh yes, MS still here with a vengeance :rofl: Actually been sick a few times, not just constantly feeling sick... ugh! LOL Must all be a good sign though. Still eagerly awaiting the postman every day in the hopes that he brings the appointment letter for my scan!

ooh i hope you get the letter soon anna!!!

:witch: is no show this month so far :wacko: have had some spotting the last 2 days and am starting to get worried. no way do i want to be pregnant :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->