older yummy mummy thread (30+)

Hi Everyone,
Just thought i'd pop by and say hi and see how you all are?
Glad Owen had a nice birthday and a great party, we had a party here for my eldest 4th birthday back in March - 22 kids descended on the house - it was chaos but quite good fun really!!
My youngest is teething badly at the moment which means no sleep and a lot of stressful days :cry: I can't wait for this teething stage to be over with.

xx

karen i hate teething :grr: i'm sure my eldest 2 didnt suffer from teething pain as much as Owen does!

Teething can be rough ( not sure if it's worst for the LO or the family:dohh:)

I have been lucky, Emily seems to pass teeth with no problems..

We are going through a "srceaming" stage:wacko:

My poor neighbours must think someone is being beaten over here:wacko::haha:

G is teething too. Working on tooth #6, plus I think he's got a mild cold, so he's not been sleeping well at all.

Seity - I hope number 6 tooth comes through soon and you get sleep.

My little darling has got rid of his cold now so although he's still teething badly the sleeping has improved slightly and I actually think the bags under my eyes have gone -probably not for long lol!!!!!

Karenxx

I've long since given up on getting more than 5-6 hours sleep ever again. It's sad.

me too seity! and all the sleep is broken! what i'd give for a block of sleep!

I'm hoping in a few years he'll sleep better and I can get some sleep as well.

Chickenpox for poor Alyssa :( Started with her first spots on Monday.... so I got checked out too. I'm fine, and so is Pip. Alyssa has had a really bad case, but seems to be starting to recover. Here's her at her worst:

Attachments

• pox.jpg
    pox.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 3
OMG..the poor little thing.. chicken pox can be so crule to LO.. lets hope they pass quickly

She looks so sad. I hope G never gets the chickenpox. He's already had his first vaccination shot for it to hopefully prevent him ever having to suffer.

Thanks ladies. She's feeling much more like herself today, and the spots are starting to heal. At least she's now not contagious anymore!

anna - poor alyssa :hugs: erin had them in all her lady bits and both she and owen had them all over their scalps. dylan somehow managed not to get them tho!

:flower:I forgot I tried posting in the week and my STUPID laptop deleted it all :grr:

seity - is tooth 6 through yet? is Gabriel sleeping any better? :hugs: you will get more sleep again one day, my girls were sleeping in until 8-9am at weekends before Alex was born - they were 8 and 9 then. it was bliss while it lasted :haha:

anna - is Alyssa all better now? how's pip coming along? have you had a scan yet? :hugs:

cjh - has your LO popped any more teeth? :flower:

future - how are things with you? how is TTC going? :hugs:

maybe - has sleep training got any better? are you stilll shh patting owen alot in the night?

All ok with us, Alex is walking loads now - my baby is a toddler :cry::cloud9::cry::cloud9::cloud9: love that he is growing up but sad its so quick! i am now back to working as a nurse, trying to do my best but I am rather rusty as I havent "nursed" for 5 years and havent been on a childrens ward for 11 years (and that makes me feel OLLLLllddddddd :haha:)

:wave: Hi A3my. Still stuck at 5 teeth and he still wakes up at 5/5:30 every morning. He did learn to stand up in the middle of the room, so he doesn't need to crawl over to something to stand up and walk now.

hi Amy :wave: i still have to shush pat but it has been down to about 4-6 time a night the last few nights so i am hoping we're on an up! :)

Hi Amy! :hi: Alyssa's much better now, thanks. All her chickenpox have either scabbed over or have already healed. It's been 2 weeks today since we noticed the first ones.

One week today is our first scan, at long last! I'll be 13w6d then so it's been quite a wait, but it will be so worth it to have our first look at Pip and then be able to officially announce my pregnancy :)

Alyssa has also self-weaned after 27 and a half months. I'm still sad over it, but she's happy and was very ready for it, so it's good.

x

Hi A3my,
Glad you're doing good.

We have the 4th tooth hooray and we got sleep for the past 2 nights - I feel like a new woman lol!!! I know it will be short lived and the nightmare will begin again soon but hey i'm enjoying having my happy little bundle back again :happydance:

Has everyone had a good weekend?? We've had a busy but good one, we have a caravan in Suffolk and went there for the weekend and then came home and took the boys to some friends kiddie's 1st birthday party this afternoon which they loved.

Maybe - I love your siggy picture.

Karenxx

Hi Amy:hugs:

I am good.. we have taken a break from TTC..we got word that DH hours at work might get cut ( thank you recession:gun:) so we are trying to tighten the budget strings just in case..I am a SAHM but I am attempting to start a disign company from home.. it is bringing in a small income.. so another LO is on hold for now.. unless of course I get a :bfp: this month..

Emily finally took three unassisted steps yesterday:yipee: so hopefull she is on her way to walking.. she is becoming very heavy and tall to carry around.

Happy Memorial Day , Seity:friends:

Yay Emily! :happydance: Clever girl!

3 weeks to go and we'll be on our way to Toronto!!!!! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back