older yummy mummy thread (30+)

Maybe you can take some of this sunshine back with you Anna ???
Can't beleive your 19 weeks already !!
Have a safe trip home

i had the depo provera shot on monday! no worrying about contraception til october :happydance: i think that there's no way i'll be able to convince dan to have another baby anyway!

Nice. I probably should get on something, but since we aren't having any sex it's not like there's any kind of rush on my part to do anything.

hello strangers! sorry for going awol!

Anna - happy 19 weeks! :happydance: its probably 20 now. how exciting!!!!!

maybe - I 'd missed Owen's walking on the other thread! well done Owen, now let your mummy have some sleep :flower:

seity - we havent DTD since a preg scare about 8 months ago! bit of an issue for us.... I'm not sure I want a housemate! how are you about it? :hugs:

As for us, Alex is a proper little toddler now, constantly covered in bruises! He's a little chatterbox too but his words are all to do with books which he is obsessed with! :cloud9:

The stress of dealing with a toddler and then finding out about his mom having cancer has caused issues for my OH. While I'd love to have sex more, I know my OH would as well, so I can't really complain. In the meantime, we still do a lot more than housemates. :blush:

seity - really sorry to hear that, it must be hard for your DH. How is his mum doing? Is she having treatment?

Any of you have clingy toddlers? I thought Alex would have grown out of separation anxiety by now but he's terrible! Whilst its sweet that he's a mummy's boy sometimes I wish I could leave the room when we're at other peoples houses :haha:

I DO!!!!!! I cant leave the room without lo crying and holding out her arms for me to take her with me - even to the loo!!!!!! I have read that it is at its worst at 13-15 months though.
xxx

yep i'm like mork! i get followed to the loo too :rofl:

seity i'm sorry about your DH mum. hope she recovers soon!

my DH would die without :sex: i think :rofl: he thinks once a week is too little :haha:

Clingy toddler - yep. Although it does seem like he's gotten a little better recently. We were at a family gathering when he was 15 months and he wouldn't leave my side or let anyone else hold him. It was a pain because for once there were other people around and I was hoping for a break, but nope :nope:

My OH's mom had a port installed last week and starts her chemo on the 25th. She just finished her radiation treatments. She's a strong lady and I really hope she beats it, but it was 4th stage lung cancer that had metastasized to her brain and liver by the time they caught it, so realistically it's pretty far advanced and the treatments are more to give her as much time as possible rather than cure her.

maybe - I'd settle for once a month, but once a week sounds like heaven. I take whatever I can get. On the plus side, my OH never has to worry about me turning him away :haha:

seity - you never know she may beat it! miracles do happen!!!

we have to pay £1600 for a new catalytic converter for our car :nope: and i'm on unpaid leave! :wacko:

Seity, I'm thinking of your OH's mom and keeping her in my thoughts.

Anne - oh no! That's a fortune! :(

Alyssa was pretty clingy too - I used to get followed to the loo as well :haha:

x

we were going to be with owen but danny and dylan persuaded me to find out on the day whilst i was n the middle of the scan peer pressure! lol :blush:

LOL What can you do in the face of peer pressure?! :haha:

We wouldn't have been able to find out yesterday, even if we had wanted to. Pip kept his or her knees closely tucked into the chest, blocking any view :rofl:

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with a permanent attachment, I thought separation anxiety improved at a year so I'm glad you said that Mork as I was a little worried! I cant go to the loo alone either :haha:

seity thats so sad, cancer is such a horrible disease. I hope the chemo isnt too horrible for her :hugs: once a week sounds like heaven to me too :blush::haha:

maybe- thats similar to my car problems :hugs: thats when I decided my car had died and borrowed money from my dad for a new one :dohh:

anna - how exciting! Its lovely having that suprise to look forward to :flower:

I am drowning in a sea of coursework that has to be handed in tomorrow. 1000 words to go, god knows when I will get to go to bed! Currently listening to DH snoring on the baby monitor :haha:

That sucks maybe - car repairs are so expensive
anna - I wouldn't like to be on team yellow. It was enough of a surprise finding out at 20 weeks and I was completely wrong. I'd hate to have been thinking girl the whole time and then ended up with my boy. I liked being able to prepare in advance and pick a name and call the baby he/she, but that's me. My mom didn't find out for any of us. I can't imagine going the whole time not knowing. I'd go mad. :haha:

amy we spent over £600 on another repair about 6 months ago :dohh: thing is we dont want to get another new car, this one should be fine if we fix it as it's only 6yrs old and very low milage. here it's not like you can get really good second hand cars like in UK, we'd have to buy new. it's nice to be loan free too! we were looking at a VW sharan the other week but it's £28,000 :shock: hope you got the coursework done!!!

seity - i was really impatient to find out the gender with dylan and erin, not so myuch with owen as i had one of each already! :haha:

Anne, I have absolutely no inkling! :rofl: Some days I think Pip is a girl, other days I'm convinced we're having a boy. I'm so indecisive! :D

Amy - how did the coursework go? All finished?

Seity - I am too chicken to find out :) Our neighbours were told they were having a girl, got everything pink.... and then had a boy! :shock: I'm convinced something like that would happen to us after we had been thinking of the baby as a girl or a boy for so long... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->