older yummy mummy thread (30+)

anna - like the name. i like the shortened form maddy too! :)

amy - some toddlers are so much more clumsy than others!!! dylan constantly had bumps on his head, legs, everywhere really. owen and erin have been more steady more quickly!

i feel really sick today. i dont know whether it is because i was due af yesterday and she has not arrived (due to the depo provera shot) or because i have eaten icecream, crisps and half a packet of cookies for afternoon tea :blush:

Oh I want ice cream and crisps! :munch: And no, before any of you suggest it, it's not a weird pregnancy craving because I don't want them TOGETHER :haha:

x

anna - aww, at least she self weaned. I kind of just stopped with my girls but I plan to let Alex self wean... I think Madeline is a beautiful name :thumbup: Alex seems OK now, he was ultra sensitive about his nose in the week following and HATED doctors looking at it :( poor Alyssa not realising she was too tall to run under the table :dohh: ouch! I just cant believe Alex doesnt seem to learn, he fell off the beach-hut (about 3 steps up from the stones on the beach), screamed for 10 mins and then went straight back up the steps :dohh:

maybe :haha: i think it might be the tea that made your stomach churn :haha: how was last nights sleep? tiredness make me feel nauseaus.

Had a lovely lovely day with Alex etc today. Dont you just love parenthood when it all goes well :cloud9:

50 .. thanks for making me do the math.. that's only 11 yrs away for me :shock: - I was 18 , 21 yrs ago:shock:
Okay, now I am depressed.. where's the ice cream ???

That "hot momma" thing was 1 baby ago.. I am a little fluffy now.
I am finding the older I get the harder it is to lose the extra weight that keeps tending to creep up on me:lolly:

future _ I definately agree that its harder to lose weight the older you get :( I only want to lose 7 lbs but its impossible!

maybe - erm.... I ate more when I went back to work :haha::blush:

I'm still trying to gain weight back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. :blush: I lost so much after he was born thanks to BF and hockey. I'm almost there.
Now that hockey season is over, my OH and I have decided to take up a 100 push up 200 sit up challenge. It's a 6 week program and at the end we should be able to do that many at a time.
We start tonight. I'm going to be so sore!!

Gabriel doesn't seem to learn either. I swear he just throws himself head first at everything.

seity - wow thats impressive! I'd love to be that fit, no wonder you said you were smokin' hot!! :winkwink:

Alex has decided running is fun, except he cant quite keep his balance and keeps falling flat on his boxers nose! he never learns :dohh:

Well, we've only just started, Week 1, Day 1. I've quite a way to go before I can do that many in one go.

wow that's a challenge and a half seity! i am sooooooooo unfit and never get a chance to work out with the 3 kids. when they are in bed i just want to flop on the sofa!

I hear ya, maybe..

Seity, it sounds like your DH and yourself enjoying working out together.. wish mine would do the same !!
He comes home in the evening eats dinner and is snoring on the sofa by 7:30pm..

Some of our very, not fit friends, took up this challenge and succeeded. We thought, "Hey, if they can do it..."
When I get home from work, I don't feel like doing much besides sit on the sofa either. Doing this together is a good way to motivate each other. We do it right after putting Gabriel to bed for the night and it doesn't take much time and afterwards we get to sit on the sofa :haha:

:haha::haha: My DH enjoys a good snooze on the sofa after work :haha: I'd love to do something like that together too! Sounds great Seity, so what does the training involve? just progressively more push and sit ups? (and pain :haha:)
I have started running again but I dont like running when its dark and the nights are rapidly looming in. I go once Alex is in bed and my girls take turns coming with me which I really enjoy. But I a still an evening munchies person so I havent shifted any of the lbs I want to lose :blush:

Yeah, basically just progressively more as you go along. If you struggle with a week, then you can repeat it. So it may take you longer than 6 weeks to get there, but eventually you will, if you keep with it.
https://www.hundredpushups.com/
I struggled with the final set of push ups last night and finally had to do them 'girly' style. I sure hope I don't have to repeat Week 1 :haha:

Seity - that looks really good and impressive if it works considering the small amount of time you have to commit to do it! :thumbup:

I finally got round to buying some of my eldest daughters secondary school uniform today, I nearly cried at the cost! I'd better start saving now for Alex :haha:

I try not to think about future expenses. One month at a time and I'll somehow find the money when I need it.

Check it out. Me and my wee man just before his first dunk in water other than the bath tub:
https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6131/6043136741_7c50c869f8.jpg https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6202/6043687174_9a46fb356f.jpg

nice pics seity! you're so skinny! definately a yummy mummy! where is that?

nice pics seity! you're so skinny! definately a yummy mummy! where is that?

Thanks, I do try what I can to keep from falling apart. It's Rushford lake. One of the many lakes that dot Central New York.

Great boobage Seity!

I just got a bit slimmer, but the boobs have gone with it I'm afraid :/

Ah ladies, I think I'm going to need you.
I've been in hiding a bit, I'm just on the road to singledom after 12 years with my husband and it's all quite weird. I feel washed up, then the next minute I'm dazed that guys a good deal younger are old enough to be giving me cheeky smiles! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->