• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Nope I'm also 5'1" probably 5" by now seems i shrink every couple of years :haha:

Had a dr appointment today and my weight is starting to be an issue even tho on U/S Lil man is just fine only a few days small so hopefully I will keep a Lil Appitite to make him Grow!! ;)

Sis - I can't believe you're 23 weeks already. Crazy!! Any new pics of the little one?

Hi everyone else! Miss hearing from you girls. Nothing much going on here. Excited for a three-day weekend.

Sis has the morning sickness eased up? Is that the reason for the weight loss?

Hi kfs1! 🤗

More like all day every day sickness and I spoke too soon I was feeling better but got sick at a dinner party last nite and then again tonite :nope:

Oh no sis I can't believe that you are still sick! That's awful. I hope it eases up ASAP so that you can gain the proper amount of weight.

I hope everyone had a great long weekend! I used the long weekend to knit the baby her first hand knit item! It is blocking right now. Should be ready to add the buttons tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20160118_220923.jpg
    20160118_220923.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
Blues - Too cute! Wow - such talent. I can barely sew on a button. :)

Sis - That's so awful that you're still feeling so sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Easing back into work after a 3-day weekend. It's really so nice just to have that one extra day - makes such a difference. Adeline got her first tooth this weekend! My husband thought he saw something and then sure enough, there was a little nub sticking out. I was so excited and was right up in her face trying to get a look, the poor kid. :)

Here are a few new pics. One of Adeline and her cousin Josephine and the other of Adeline with her new bunny hat given to us by my best friend. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1572.jpg
    IMG_1572.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
Sis- At some point this sickness has to just stop. Oh my goodness I hope it is soon for your sake. Hang in there!

Blues- That is a seriously beautiful sweater. You definitely are skilled that's for sure! Aww she is going to look absolutely adorable wearing that.

KFS1- I can't believe Adeline already has her first tooth!! That is so cool. I love that little bunny hat on her. She looks so happy wearing it too.

Hope everyone is doing well. :hi:

Sis, I hope that at some point that sickness eases up on you! I had figured that the medication was doing its job. Boo!! 😩

Blues-- I had no idea you were so skilled in knitting business!! That looks adorable! One of the sweetest gifts ever for Cody was a knitted sweater from one of my mom's neighbors. That is just so special!! But knit quick, my friend… There won't be a whole lot of time for knitting once she gets here!

Kfs1--Um. Adeline is a doll. So is her bestie cousin. The bunny hat is too much. It's way too much cuteness at once!! And isn't that crazy when their first tooth pops? You keep digging around in their mouth because you can't believe what you just saw! There will be many more to follow, obviously. The only advice I can give is Infant Motrin and Hylands teething tablets!

Joy, good to see you again! What's going on with you?

Not much going on around here. We are experiencing snow days here in Tennessee… Which means that a few snowflakes fall on the ground and everybody panics. I posted a video on Facebook of my daughter trying to scoop up enough snow off of our driveway to create a snowman, to no avail. My relatives from Michigan laughed that they have never had a snow day where you can still see grass on the front lawns! Sad, but true.

Cody started daycare. And on his second day he got a cold which is lasted a week. Par for the course I'm afraid at this age. But he loves being around other babies! He only goes twice a week so that mommy can get stuff done around the house and so that he has some interaction with other small humans. And people other than mommy! He sees my face so much, I was worried that he might think I'm one of the only human beings on this planet!

Totally changing the subject from little ones, has anyone watched "Making A Murderer" on Netflix?

Katie- so glad Cody is enjoying daycare. And YES!! We watched Making a Murderer! What are your thoughts?

Joy, :hi: How have you been?

KFS1, she is so adorable! And growing up way too fast!

Blues, that sweater is adorable! I'm a crafty, creative person, but knitting scares me! So impressed with what you made!

Sis, hope you are able to put on some weight, and I love the name Quinn!

That is too funny about the snow panic. At least you don't get freaked out about it. How is Cody adjusting to day care? My grandson Nicholas started in November and it took him a while to get used to it. The snot nose and sickness is unreal! I swear he gets sick once a month and he just got over a bout of pneumonia because of it. At least he is still a happy baby when he is sick but sheesh. I can do without that portion of the day care program LOL

Hey Vjean. Glad you checked in too! Everything has been a-ok here. Refrigerator just went out and a new one comes on Monday. Living out of a mini fridge is for college students and single people only. LOL Definitely not working for our family but at least it's something. What's going on with you? I feel like I've been missing everything because I haven't been around much. Trying to work on that now.

AFM-I'm trying to figure out what I want to do as far as this TTC journey. I know it's not long by others' standards but after 4 years of no baby and the last 1 1/2 yrs of charting and everything with still no success I'm thinking it's time to hang it up. DH and I still aren't wanting to do the assisted reproductive thing so I just don't think there is much I can do aside from pray on it and leave it alone. I haven't completely given up but my cycles have really jumped all around which makes it even more difficult to time things so I'm trying to figure out if I can let it go or if I'm just momentarily down for a bit. :shrug:

Anyway, Hope everyone else is doing well and if you are in the winter storm on the east coast...really hoping you and your families are safe! :hug:

Checking in. We're safe and we have over two feet of snow. Now the shoveling begins. I went out for an hour this morning and it hardly looks like I made a dent. I'll be shoveling until football starts at 3 because then I want to chill out. I feel like Pioneer Woman doing all this work before sunrise, but it'll payoff when we're finished. I hope to get out of the driveway by tomorrow mid morning. That's the plan.

Fun doesn't like the snow because he's skinny and he gets a cold but he did like the little area I shoveled for him today because he can actually run around. Before he was just peeing where he could stand and there was no room to play.

Thankfully our power is still on so we're warm and have TV and food. It's the little things. <3

Glad you still have power! Don't overdo it with the shoveling though. It can get intense with all that snow. Food and heat are definitely key. Hope you and Fun stay warm :)

Katie-I'm so glad Cody is enjoying daycare!
Joy-We are here for you regardless of the decision you end up making.
Terri-I can't believe how much snow you guys got! In the four years I lived there, the most we got I think was a foot. Once!
KFS-I love that little hat on her! Your family makes beautiful babies. Her cousin is so adorable.

AFM-I had a checkup today. Everything is looking good. She gave me some recommendations to help me sleep because I have not been able to sleep without pain for the past week, which leads me to just toss and turn instead of actually sleeping. My doctor is recommending a csection for me because I have a prior hip injury that is already acting up from the lack of proper exercise for it. (I have to do high intensity interval workouts to ease the pain and prevent the issue from reoccuring and I am obviously unable to do that now)

I am actually so happy about the csection as my family has a history of not progressing and they let my sister go for so long that her pelvis dislocated. I was really freaking out getting as injured as my sister. Now I don't have to worry about it and my mom can get a flight here a couple days before the csection.

So glad everyone is safe and warm after Blizzard 2016 but here in Texas we r grilling and Chillin!! :haha:

Hi ladies!

Joy--Oh Day Care is a cootie-fest! Especially when they are little and put everything in their mouth's it hits really bad. It seems like once the kids get into the older classes and learn how to wash their hands frequently and cough into their elbow, etc. It's not as bad. But when they are little and snotty and coughing all over each other it's a mess!

And whatever you decide to do, in terms of TTC, we are here! This thread has evolved into friendships beyond just TTC. I think when when Sis started this thread, we were all on a testing thread or something, and decided to move it over here. So much as happened over two years that this thread has been going, and I know so much more about the ladies here than just their TTC journeys, even if that was the initial intent of the thread. Whatever decision you come to, We are here to support!

Wish--Hey what's going on with the twins???? Haven't seen anything posted on Facebook yet? I hope everything is OK!!!!

Sis-- I'm pretty jealous of the grilling and chilling. I can't wait for spring to get here so we can be sitting outside again. So is Quinn the name now??

Terri--Ha! My little dog does the same thing when there was snow on the ground here. She goes out the back door and takes a few steps and peas and runs back inside. Can't blame her though! So do you guys get enough snow throughout the year to warrant a snowblower? My mom lives in northern Michigan and they get tons of snow, so there are a couple of neighbors who have snow blowers and me just take care of everyone on their block. The sad thing is, my mom actually bought a snowblower and hasn't used it once! Her neighbors always do it for her so it is just sat in her garage! I mean, it's not sad for her, it's super nice that her neighbors do that, it's just sad that she has a perfectly good snowblower sitting in her garage not being used!! There is nothing worse than shoveling. You can spend an hour out there sweating your butt off, and turn around and realize you only cleared one square foot. Gaw!

Blues--Hooray for C-section! I'm probably one of the few people on the planet who would say that, but the idea of having a dislocated pelvis sounds absolutely excruciating. And it's really nice to know when you aregoing to deliver so that your mom can make her plans to be there!

VJean--My mind is blown by "making a murderer." Whether he is guilty or not (because I know they left a lot of evidence out of the documentary), the issue that the filmmakers were trying to bring to light really resonated. In that there can be so many misteps in the legal process!! It's scary!

We don't have a snowblower, but I told my husband that if they predict another storm of >6", we will CONSIDER it. We'd probably only use it once or twice a year, and that's not really enough for me to spend the money, but I'm a saver, and don't mind shoveling. We'll see what happens. My husband can spend his play money on a snowblower, and I'll be shoveling. hee hee. The temps have increased, and the snow is melting pretty quickly. You would never know that the snow was so high on Saturday/Sunday if you visited our area today for the first time. But, I'm glad it's melting. It's not pretty anymore, and it's a pain. Some of the side roads are still unplowed, and even the highway has some lanes that just end suddenly. That's pretty dangerous for people who aren't normally driving those roads.

Blues - Yikes. I'm so sorry about all of the pain that you're in. It sounds so awful. I hope you're hangin' in there.

Katie/Joy - YUCK is all I can say about day care. It gives me the chills just thinking about it. My sister picked up her daughter recently and noticed there was some unknown substance matted into her hair. GROOOOSS, right?

Terri - A snowblower is the way to go for storms like that! I don't have one but I'd love one even if it was only used a few times a year. :)

Hi everyone else!

I believe Quinn is the name but we haven't really decided on a Middle name so who knows!! :shrug:

We all call him Quinn or baby Q so I think we have pretty much decided on the first name :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->