on bedrest for a week...

serenas_song

Reaction score
So I've been having some more brownish spotting, mostly when I have a BM (not constipated, no straining), maybe 5 times in the last 8 days or so. Went to the doc again yesterday for a sonogram so they could check my cervical length and placenta, they couldn't find anything wrong (yay!), but put me on precautionary bedrest for a week. I don't mind a week off work, but I like to be active and am afraid I'm going to go crazy! :wacko: anyone here been on bedrest before?

also got to find out a week early that baby is a GIRL! :happydance: going for my 20 week sonogram next Wednesday (will be my 5th this pregnancy!)

Hey! I am on day 20 of strict bedrest, day 6 of hospital bedrest. I will be on strict bedrest until delivery. I have IC. Very glad they didn't find any issues with your cervix, just make sure they stay on top of measuring with the transvaginal u/s. Mine changed dramatically from 16 to 21 weeks.

As for bedrest itself, it's not fun. The first week (many ppl say they would take a week to just lay down any day...) I was too busy praying to make it one more week. Since yours is temporary just stay busy. Do not talk yourself into doing this or that because it's quick. Just let things go and don't stress about cleaning or anything that is out of your control because it's not worth the stress.

Good luck!

Bed rest here too.. I have books and Netflix to keep me sane. It does suck but it's worth it. I have a 2 yo son and I think that is the most challenging. They say to lay mostly in my left side but my goodness I feel like I'll get a bedsore lol. at least you only have a week.. Heres to happy healthy pregnancies for us all!

Ive just finished my week of bedrest due to a bleed! I feel like crap and have no energy due to laying around all day long, but it has def helped me and was obviously what my body needed!

Get stocked up on some new books/mags and try to make the most of it xx

I have been on bed rest for the last week but yesterday I was told another 2 weeks!

I'm just totally exhausted, always sick, and had spotting for the last week. Bubs is ok though! Get yourself a good book or some of your fav films etc. Enjoy being waited on hand and foot!

Glad everything was ok for you xxx

For me the books and movies got boring really fast so I actually started teaching my dog some new tricks. Didn't take any effort for me and both of us got something out of it. I followed my doctors orders and kept my mind occupied and my dog got loads of attention and learned new things.

Bedrest sucks. I am just hoping I can avoid anymore of it this pregnancy, thank you very much!

If you do any hand crafts like crochet, knitting, or sewing, it might be a good way to use the time and still rest up. There are some good videos for crochet and knitting on line if you want to try to learn as well. All you need is to get someone to pick up some yarn and either needles or hooks for you. You can do a lot with just one set/hook if you get an often used size. There are many of us on here you can ask for advice, if you want to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->