On vitex - BFP ... Do I stop taking it?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I'm only 10 dpo but got my BFP this morning. It's my first month taking vitex, as I believe I have low progesterone. On the packet, it says don't take whilst pregnant but I'm worried to stop taking it and then I miscarry incase I do have low progesterone.
What did you ladies do?

I stopped over the course of a few days when pregnant with ds. I lowered the dose as I didnt want to stop suddenly, I also was worried re taking during pregnancy. I would give the docs a ring for good advice though hun. It worked for me doing it that way, but I would hate to give you the wrong advice for you. Congrats btw xx

It's a uterine stimulant meaning it can cause contractions. Not good to be on while pregnant. If you think your low in progesterone get your levels tested by a doctor and if you are low they can easily prescribe vaginal or injectable progesterone.
https://www.drugs.com/npp/chaste-tree.html

Don't stop abruptly but wean off over a couple of weeks. I took my last dose yesterday. I was taking 2000mg a day until my Bfp @9dpo. Then went down to 1500 for 3 days, 1000 for 7 days, then 500 for a few days then 500 every other day until 6 weeks which was today ☺ hth

Congrats on your BFP! How exciting.. Good luck! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->