One step cheapie test users !!! Please read

Tripltemum3

Reaction score
Hi ladies !
Just after some advice from those that have used one step tests from Amazon !

I did one yesterday and it looked like the control line had a second line with it so I’m slightly inclined to say it’s a bad batch but took another this morning ( SMU) and the control line was fine but once the test had moved all the way up to show the test line it was like it started again and I was watching the purple dye run up it but this time it left a very faint second line behind ! I’ve never had This happen with these tests but was wandering if this is a new/ normal thing ??

Iv never experienced that but I did get lines on them when testing with water x

Thanks lovely

I’ve noticed that some from the pack also have little indents in them . Like they have been poked almost ??? Hunted through them to find one that didn’t have any and had a very faint line come up at around 3 minutes !! Not sure what to believe !!

will attach a photo of all 3 from today together - hopefully you can see what I mean by the indents so I don’t feel like I’m going mad. The bottom one was the only one that didn’t have any indents on it !

EED92B3C-FE78-4208-BD17-2AB94BDB6866.jpeg 7F8DE87B-4C34-4151-BDBF-9920EF6C8B6F.jpeg

Thought I’d update with a water test one!
Bottom one is urine - Top is water …

Sure I can see something on both

44D4905B-FD34-4741-8606-CA383D43E147.jpeg

Thanks lovely

I’ve noticed that some from the pack also have little indents in them . Like they have been poked almost ??? Hunted through them to find one that didn’t have any and had a very faint line come up at around 3 minutes !! Not sure what to believe !!

will attach a photo of all 3 from today together - hopefully you can see what I mean by the indents so I don’t feel like I’m going mad. The bottom one was the only one that didn’t have any indents on it !

View attachment 1102874 View attachment 1102875
I see the indent, those are annoying but I do see your lines.. I’d say they were a good start to a bfp

Yes the cheapies do sometimes have little dents in them, I have experienced this often with both One Step and Wondfro's (the two cheapies that I use) I tend to throw those ones away because it makes it impossible to properly read any results.
I guess it's just because they are manufactured cheaply and in large quantities?

Good luck.

I see the indent, those are annoying but I do see your lines.. I’d say they were a good start to a bfp

Thank you

I’m inclined to think I’m not because of the water one . Although the line on that one showed after the time limit .

odd thing is that I took one of these test ( same pack ) yesterday morning and it was stark white !

Thank you

I’m inclined to think I’m not because of the water one . Although the line on that one showed after the time limit .

odd thing is that I took one of these test ( same pack ) yesterday morning and it was stark white !
Hmm I’d say it’s a good thing that the water one showed after the 5min mark.. but depending on what dpo you are your levels might have been too low yesterday x

Not sure on dpo . My cycles have varied lately between 25 and 29 days . Currently I’m CD 23

I also didn’t get any EWCM this month

I’ve had no pregnancy symptoms this month though . Felt a bit nauseas yesterday but my LO has a sickness bug so put it down to that.

Was dying for a wee this morning ( around 4) took a hpt then but it was negative. I normally have better results with SMU so did another with that a few hours later . Took two and both had faint lines, fainter than yesterday. We had a CP last month so thinking its the same thing again.

Going to wait for a few days at least - or until AF is due before testing again. This is why I should never test early!

Was dying for a wee this morning ( around 4) took a hpt then but it was negative. I normally have better results with SMU so did another with that a few hours later . Took two and both had faint lines, fainter than yesterday. We had a CP last month so thinking its the same thing again.

Going to wait for a few days at least - or until AF is due before testing again. This is why I should never test early!
Totally understand, I’m due af on the 20th and I refuse to even buy tests. Fx the faints aren’t a chemical x

I hope so not. I was optimistic that they were real because they were the full thickness of the control line but ended up doing 6 yesterday ( im a mad women like that - hoping an evening test would give me a different result ) but had 4 that I could see lines on - 2 with nothing . Then this morning to get a negative and 2 incredibly faint is so frustrating.

My boobs are sore - like the nipple are ouch sore if that makes sense, which I dont normally have the week before AF. Ive got one cheapie test left upstairs which I will take in the morning ( the HCG rises every 48 hours dosnt it?) so if the line is no different tomorrow then will wait till after the weekend when she should have shown before thinking about buying anymore x

Yes it’s 48hrs.. sore boobs is a good sign though.. honestly last month I think I tests so much I sat and cried because I couldn’t control myself lol.

Yes it’s 48hrs.. sore boobs is a good sign though.. honestly last month I think I tests so much I sat and cried because I couldn’t control myself lol.

It's a real struggle isnt it?!

I get so excited about the fact there is even a shadow that when it vanishes like that - its so disappointing. :(

Hope this is your month too! x

Caved and used a Asda own brand one this morning

not sure on the sensitivity but it says not to read after 10 minutes and I could see the faintest of lines at around 8 minutes . Is that too late to be good and just an Evap?
Took this photo after the ten minutes but it was already there ???

B99689D7-894C-49E1-970D-4095C49CBB70.jpeg

I see it.. if it was there before the time limit I’d say it’s good..
\\:D/

thanks @Mummy23beauts :hugs:

It says on the packet that you can use them as early as 4 days before your period is due - if at the longest it normally is my period isnt due until Sunday so im over that amount but clinging to it ( can you tell?! haha)

I know I should wait a few days and just test again but I have absolutly zero will power

thanks @Mummy23beauts :hugs:

It says on the packet that you can use them as early as 4 days before your period is due - if at the longest it normally is my period isnt due until Sunday so im over that amount but clinging to it ( can you tell?! haha)

I know I should wait a few days and just test again but I have absolutly zero will power
Lol I’m sat here itching to test myself and I’m nit due for 7days.. but it looks good will you keep testing?

I'm definitely one of those ' it came up at minute 9 and that's before 10 right' kind of people :haha:

I know i should just wait until its due and test but now ive got the inkling that it might be something so now I cant help myself. Ive got no symptoms other than my boobs being sore ( normal before AF for me ) and the amount of negative ive had between the positives makes me questions it.

Are you holding out to test? Im due AF Sunday if it goes to 29 days again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->