One Step HPT reliablity

ms sunshine

Reaction score
Right im sure my bbt graph is in my sig at bottom but im 20 day dpo. im usually 10 I am takig b6 first time i know it can delay ovulation for some i had previously been taking 25mg and it hadnt lengthened my lp so upped to 50mg. the only other time i could have ovulated id say is 6dpo. but i just cant see it. i was very crampy i thought implanting but there wasnt any ovulation signs and my cervix was back which means ovulation has happened. unless thats not reliable every thing points to ovulation where the cross hairs is. Over the space of a week i took several hpts 2 blue and 2 pink all had faint lines. i had another that devloped 15 mins after the test was sipposed to be read. i had 1 negative. theyw ere all various brands and pnone with fmu as i was so bloody impatient lol. anyway yesterday i bought some ic's or rather they came through the post. i had saved some fmu and i tested that and i also did a test with a 4 hr hold. both negative. my bobs are feeling heavy but not achey but im assuming its my period about to arrive in a few days. bu then my bbt temp goes up! this makes no sense. I cant justify spendng more money on tests im having to hide my tests as it is my hubby would kill me as its coming up to christmas and ive prbably spent over 30 quid. But are thses tests the ones step even reliable. some say work grat and im sure they wont do false positives but what about false negaitves. they are 10miu but some say they knew they were pregnant and didnt get a positve until 6 weeks others say they worked early. ive always bought these in the past but i just dont know should i trust the test and assume my period will arrive? im not going to be going the drs until the 24th thats the earliest i can get. i cant afford a frer that would push it to over 40 just shy of 50 so kind of stuck wih these for the next week at least :wacko: anyone got similar experiences?

Hiya,

I use them and I have had all negatives bar one. Last month I had my first faint bfp, but then my AF arrived heavier than ever the next day. I think they are quite reliable to be fair, I’ve not seen Evaps etc on them. I suspect my bfp was a chemical as I was 3 days late also.

so sorry for your loss. this will be my 4th tried not to get to excited but it still hurt i was worried as they didnt seem to be going any darker the lines. will proably test again on monday if nothing and go to my drs appointment week after but sort of expect af to arrive just weird how my bbt went up again today. really wish it would happen

Thank you. I didn’t dwell on it. After being on here for 4 months now, you see a lot of chemicals. It’s more common than people think sadly.

Good luck and fingers crossed. A temp rise is a good sign

I asked this question yesterday as I am 2 days late and still neg for me too x

babyoneill frustrating isnt it reading the reviews on amazon seems to not work for some. 2 weeks late tomorrow so might do another tomorrow but apart from heavier boobs - theyre not even hurting - i have no other signs of af and heavy boobs is also a sign of pg.

You chart sure looks pregnant to me so I'd get one done ASAP x

I would say the app is right about when you ovulated. Your temp increased above what it was before and all but one day has sustained that. They're nice and high and generally 18+ days of high temps is a good sign pregnancy is very possible.
Your previous chart you only had a very short lp, so at the very least this is a huge improvement!
I have used One Step tests for ages and have had a couple of false positives. For the most part they have been reliable though. Having said this, there are absolutely loads of people saying they had false negatives, plenty testing with the same sample getting a good positive on another brand but negative on these, so I would suggest sod worrying about the money for now, buy a different test and see what that says. I would try a FRER because they're relatively sensitive and pink dye which seem to be much more reliable than blue dye tests

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->