One Tubers

Kiki: It sounds like you're super excited to get going!! Still so very happy for you that the dye went through, that's so important!! We're planning IVF for July, just starting to research FCs (there are non in our state) to see which one we like, and can afford, lol. I'm also not totally against ttc naturally (just too scared to try really hard to make it happen), so we'll see how things play out, I might end up in Olivia's boat :cloud9: And I've heard so many great stories about HSG's helping to make that miracle happen! I hope you see that beautiful + soon :flower:

:hi: girls hope your all well today afm had a good work out at the gym lost 7lb all together woopp x x x

Hi ladies! I had my HSG today! The dye went all the way through my tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was freaking out laying there. They had the blood pressure machine on me and heart rate monitor. My heart rate was 140! They nurse was like you have to calm down. I'm like I can't! This is it for me before IVF! I'm laying there watching the dye go through slowly but surely! All the way to the end! My Doctor says "that's not a bad looking tube" Especially after an ectopic and I have Endo! Holy crap I am SO relieved!! Thank you all so much for being there and being so supportive!

Now I need your opionions.. My doctor is a hard ass.. She says I should wait and we can make a plan before trying again because in her opinion I should do IVF.. But I don't understand why go directly to that if the tube isn't blocked. Yes I understand my risks of another ectopic because 1. I have had one and 2. I have Endo and scar tissue from it. But Why not try? If I get another ectopic then fine.. IVF it is. But I say to try again naturally on our own. For FREE! IVF here where I live costs like $10,000! I don't have that money and plus I'll get one kid and that's it. I can't afford to keep doing IVF over and over for 2 or 3 kids like I want. So what's your opinions ladies? Should i just go for it? O is only a few days away!! :) Plus I think I'm in better shape now then i was 3 months ago because I had this HSG and i'm more fertile for up to 3 months.

Thanks for your input!! :flower:

Brilliant news xx

Kiki
I would def say to keep trying on your own. Where do you live? If you are in the US I know of a scholarship that you can apply for to have a huge portion of your IVF covered.

Puppymom- I do live in the US. Thank you!

I'm a little worried right now.. For those of you who have had an HSG.. Did you spot after? I had it on Tuesday and I had minimal spotting right after it and it stopped. Nothing yesterday. Today I woke up and I'm spotting red blood. Mostly when I wipe. So it's fresh.. I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back. I also had to start antibiotics yesterday for strep throat so I wonder if the meds are just screwing me up. I do know I'm very close to O and i've been waiting for over 2 months to do try again and I'm afraid I'm going to miss it! :(

:flower: sorry Kiki I havent had an HSG.. so dont know much about the after effects.. hope you are ok xx

Kiki: I had red spotting for 3 days after my HSG, then light brown spotting for the next week. I don't know if that's usual though :shrug:

Puppymom: I'd love to hear about the scholarship for IVF too! I'm in the US and it's SOO expensive here :( Just started looking into what FC we're going to use and the first one said $15,000, I asked about micro IVF and she said $11,000! Looks like we're going to keep looking into other FCs and hopefully find a good one.

Definetly I will send you both a PM with the information. I applied myself this past Aug and was selected thought there would be no way they would select me but they did. The application is a a lot of paper work but it is def worth it if you get selected. I belive they take submissions every 3 months. It only took until Oct for me to find out we were selected. But now because of the adoption of Xavier we are not going to try the IVF and just be thankful that we have a baby. Some of the girls I was slected with are already starting their IVF cycles.

Angel- Thank you! :hugs:

Hpyns4life- Thank you hun. The nurse from my OBGYN's office just called and said it's completely normal to spot after the test. It should turn brown and stop. Apparently just like what you had. Thank you for sharing your experience too. It makes me feel better! Now i'm wondering about when i'll O.. If it will be the same or if it will be pushed back. I should be ovulating in a couple of days. Do you think we are safe to BD? or could that cause infection?

Puppy- Thank you so much again! That is great to know that there is that option for help!

I do not understand why it is so expensive for IVF. Or why insurance doesn't cover it. I think it's ridiculous. A lot of people don't have that kind of money just laying around to spend on one cycle of that. My goodness. It's very unfair we have to worry about paying all of that money to have a baby. I was reading on a website about financial options for IVF and they say "You will know how much money you will need to have a baby." and if after a certain number of attempts, it doesn't succeed, you will get a 70% refund. Oh it just makes me sick.

kiki - if i was in your shoes i would try naturally. Like you said if it happens again then you know for sure that its the ivf route for you.
I have no advice on the spotting as i have never had an hsg. Hope your doc has called and you have a answer. xxx

My dye test was done with a laparoscopy so a little different but I had heavy bleeding for approx 4/5days then spotting for that length of time again. I also did O around the time I would anyway despite the bleeding. And we did DTD (inbetween the spotting) I didn't want to miss any opportunities :winkwink: It didn't work that month but I still wanted to be in with a chance.
Here's a photo of me taken yesterday at 36+1
https://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt121/Ollynem/EBAY230.jpg

:hi: girls hope your all good am going my oh bils 50th tonight woopp x x x

Anyone on here have ovarian cysts? If so have you had one on your non-tube side? Wondering about symptoms... painful to sit, move, and sensitive to the touch. Called dr. and he should be getting back to me soon, just thought I'd ask you ladies.

Olivia- Beautiful bump!

Hypns4life- I do but I don't think I have had any on my non tube side since they took my tube out because of cysts. Do you still have an ovary on that side? I think they can grow on ovaries so it's possible. I'm not really sure if one can grow without a tube. I'm curious to know though. Good luck and I hope you feel better! Keep me posted what the doctor says!

Kiki: I still have my ovary on my non-tube side and I do have a history of cysts so that's why think it's a cyst. But I haven't had on in over a year and the pain has never lasted this long :( Going on 4 days now and getting slightly worse, ugh. Dr. still hasn't called back...

Hpyns4life - I was in emerg back in October for a lot of pain on my tubeless side, really bad stabbing pains and pressure, it hurt to sit and hurt even more to walk. I had an U/S the next day and was told it was a cyst. I often have a lot of pinches, pulling and pains on that side, doc said you can become more sensitive on that side after a salpingectomy. But from my experience, a cyst is far more intense than any other pains I feel on that side. Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->