Onto another cycle.... 11dpo - 4bfps!

Ugh, where are all our BFPs?

My 3 days of early spotting has just turned into full on AF today (and the worst cramps I've had in years!)

March might still be our month, ladies...just *late* March!

Spotting started today at 12dpo. I think I'm out for March. I have long cycles so won't be back on the wagon until April :( :(

Sorry Bebvern :(

I have long cycles too without soy, they suck!!!!

I don't think I'll even ov until late March, even early April now. O was on cd28 this time (first cycle after MMC) but this isn't that unusual for me. Sigh...6 week cycles suck :(

No I haven't, I used agnus castus for a while and that just made my cycles even longer!! What is soy and how do you use it? :)

I came across this article, I hope it helps :)

If you've been surfing TTC boards online recently, you've probably run across several posts from women proclaiming the mighty power of "Soy Isoflavones." If not, you are probably thinking "Soy Isowhat?" Yes, my TTC friends, the underpriviledged step sister to the infamous Clomid pill has made her big stage debut... and she's garnering some impressive reviews. But before you stop reading the rest of this article and burn rubber to the nearest vitamin store, let me encourage you to research it for yourself before trying any new supplement regimen. (And as always, you should consult your doctor trying anything new.) But I digress...

"Soy Isoflavones" is a natural plant derived phytoestrogen (phyto means plant), which is an anti-estrogen, just like Clomid. Both are known as SERMs (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators). It works by fooling your brain into thinking its estrogen levels are low. This causes your body to reslease more FSH & LH which helps stimulate follicle production (same as Clomid). You take Soy Isoflavones, like Clomid, on CD 1-5 or 2-6, or 3-7 or 5-9. It is not thought to cause infertility if it is only taken for 5 days a month. There is not much published information available on it regarding TTC, because it is "natural", not patented by the pharmaceutical companies, and not FDA approved. Most doctors will also not recommend it for this reason.

Recently, many women on FertilityFriend.com have been taking 150-160mg a day for 5 days at the beginning of the menstrual cycle (on days previously mentioned). Side effects reported are similar to Clomid. These vary from increased number of headaches to hot flashes. It has been suggested that taking the dosage before bedtime lessens the side effects.

I was doing some research on FertilityFriend.com to uncover just how many girls have recently conceived while on Soy Isoflavones and what days they took the supplement. I found a girl who took it on CD 1-5, 200mg Soy Isoflavones, and she got a strong BFP at 15dpo that cycle. Her chart can be viewed here. Her HCG levels at 15dpo were 443 and at 18dpo HCG 1,347. Impressive. I found a survey on FF that was interesting as well:*

What was interesting is that 75% of the women who tried Soy Isoflavones got a BFP in their FIRST cycle trying. I checked the survey more recently and the number has jumped to 77% since I took the screenshot.

While Soy Isoflavones can help bring on an earlier or stronger Ovulation for these women, I must note that in some women it did not help at all. Just like Clomid doesn't always work for everyone. Right now there are a lot more women trying Soy Isoflavones so I will continue to monitor their progress and report back any news I find.

You can buy a bottle of Soy Isoflavones at any health food store or even Wal-mart. At Wal-mart, it costs under $7 USD for one bottle. Pretty affordable, huh?

Let me just put little man to bed and I'll let you know how its worked out for me :)

That article alone is enough for me to feverishly search eBay for tablets!!!

Ok so I've been researching Soy Iso, and it looks like it may be what I need. I nearly always O after day 22, and have 36 - 50 day long cycles. It sucks bawls. I do not have PCOS so it should be safe for me to take, I really want to give it a go!!

Still spotting brown CM. Nothing else to report really. I'm going to throw a tantrum when AF arrives, bitch!!!

Sorry to hear your cycle is so long, BebVern. I have the opposite problem...they just seem to get shorter and shorter every time, and my luteal phase was the worst I've had since going off bcp (and such early spotting too...)

The soy sounds so promising for you! Did you order it?

I'm trying AC this month (along with RRL tea, B complex, and progesterone cream) but I'm very nervous about what it's going to do!

Fx'd for everyone!

Sorry to hear about everyone's BFNs :(. AF is a mean 'ole witch!

I got a BFP on my OPK this morning, so I might still get my March BFP, it will just be at the end of March. Who knows? This is the most regular my cycle has been since I finished my masters degree.

she sure is :grr:

Just waiting to start poas on the ole opks. I may start at cd9.

I had to mix up brands of soy this cycle as I didn't have enough of either for this cycle, hope it doesn't have an adverce effect and I have a reasonable o again.

How is everyone else getting on?xx

Started POAS yesterday with my OPKs as I'm cd11 today. It's my first month with Vitex and my temp just keeps dropping a little daily...it's pretty low today at 96.82 and still no pos OPK...it never does this, as it's always a sudden dip at O. Hoping everything is fine.

GL to everyone else...hopefully we still get some march BFPs :)

I'm 11 DPO today! AF is due today and so far has been a no show. I POAS yesterday and got a BFN (saw a faint line but I am crazy so I didn't think anything of it) I am going to test again in a few days if AF stays away.

Fingers crossed for you ArmyWife.

Randa my temp always goes super low before ov :thumbup:

So, my OPK is negative again. So, I'm going to go ahead and say I am 1 dpo. Ugh, here we go again!! I'm hoping this TWW ends happier than my last.

At least the weather here has been really nice, for the first time in 2 months. I'm thinking a little sun and fun with one of my girlfriends will take my mind off the TWW for today. LOL!

Hello ladies! How is everyone today?

AFM, I'm 4 dpo today and am starting to go quietly mad. I'm fighting not to symptom spot, but it is SO hard. I threw up after eating chili yesterday, but I think that was because it didn't taste too good. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->