• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Onto Next Round of Clomid - CD1

Our TTC journey is a total secret...only me, my husband and you wonderful ladies know! We didn't want to tell family/friends because we think it would add to the pressure. One thing I know is when I announce my bfp most people I know will be completely shocked! After being married 9+ years I am pretty sure everyone has written us off as never having kids...can't wait to see my mom's face!!

So glad to have buddies here to chat with - I would never talk to my hubby about some of the things we say on here. Thanks girls!

Oh my I think everyone would be shocked. I wish we could surprise our families but i don't see that happening. everyone's reaction when weight engaged was about time and when are you going to start trying. We told them not for a long time we wanted to be married first then once than excuse was no good we decided to build a house and now that excuse is bad. the bad part is we just decided to start trying this summer and we had to wait to move in. . . now we are moved in and have no excuse to hide behind so i keep telling them i need to enjoy my house and hubby. but really i just want a bfp and start our family. oh did i mention my husband is the only boy in his family to keep the last name alive. . . ekkk!

We first started trying after we got married. After a few years we gave up. So we spent the past 6 years very happily enjoying our life with each other not even thinking about kids. We were not using any birth control, so we just figured life would do what it is going to do. Then when I turned 30, my feelings changed. It took a year to get my husband on board. I have 1 friend who knows we are infertile & another friend who struggled with her own infertility & knows we are aggressively trying again. I don't want to tell my closest friend just because that gives me a reason to talk about it & it becomes the only thing to talk about & that's not fair to her. As far as any other friends, family, co-workers are concerned, we are happily married with a house full on animals & no intention on ever having kids. I haven't quite decided how to explain a positive to people if it happens. I may tell my family...but any friends or co-workers I will either say we changed our mind or life happens.

I am having more cm today. It is driving me crazy. I think I have to go buy some opks. The monitor telling me I O'd so early is just getting to me. I am just starting to think maybe I didn't & I am about to now & I didn't get in the time I needed. I know I should just have sex anyways & not worry about opks but I have to know when I O'd to keep me sane during the wait. We did not have sex last night because we were both just so tired...we just vegged out in the bed. We have never really been that active which is probably why we never got pregnant during the long period of NTNP.

On a side note, that reminds me...I don't want to offend anyone, but on the forum I don't think you can classify yourself as NTNP is you are using opks, charts, or fertility signs. Just my opinion :)

It always seems more like TTC is a secret. Maybe it's just me, but it's awkward for EVERYONE to know you're trying. It's like telling everyone, "yup. We're humpin like rabbits!" Hahaha. My mom knows and it's always a bit weird to tell her when we have to do it. Lol. My husband has told everyone that we're trying, and while I'm happy he's excited, I wish we could keep it to ourselves.
And beaglemom, I really wonder about a lot of people on this site. I know there's all kinds of TMI here, but some people just take it tooooo far. Lol. And you're exactly right, if you're charting and using OPKs, you're trying. Maybe some people just don't want to accept it yet. Lol

Happy Friday, everyone!

We have a few people who know. Mostly our families, but just a couple of friends who I'm closest to. So there are several people sitting around waiting to hear news. My DH's cousin just informed us she's pregnant. She's four years younger than me and just got married in May. I'm excited for them because I do love her to death, so I was happy to hear the news. But at the same time, I have to admit, it was like a punch in the gut when I first heard.

I'm feeling more like myself today though at least! I'm hoping last night was an isolated incident, because I know I need those positive vibes flowing as much as possible in order to get a BFP! :)

I feel like everyone I know is pregnant! It's so annoying. A family friend's cousin's stripper, crack head gf is pregnant. Like, seriously? It's frustrating!! Sometimes I think it's a cruel cruel world. : / but gotta stay positive, and keep up the baby making. November could give us one more thing to be thankful for!

i used opk and temping to see when i was ovulating bc i was having severe pain and the md wanted to make sure it was in fact when i was ovulating. then i did the same thing before we were trying or ntnp bc i didn't have the pains anymore and i wanted to see if i was having regular cycles. turns out i was have 34 day cycles and ovulating found the same time. then we started ntnp. i didn't track anything since i felt my cycles were regular or the same. after august was a bust i bought a monitor and have since actually tracked with charting which i hadn't done before. i just keep adding to what i do.

Our TTC journey is a total secret...only me, my husband and you wonderful ladies know! We didn't want to tell family/friends because we think it would add to the pressure. One thing I know is when I announce my bfp most people I know will be completely shocked! After being married 9+ years I am pretty sure everyone has written us off as never having kids...can't wait to see my mom's face!!

So glad to have buddies here to chat with - I would never talk to my hubby about some of the things we say on here. Thanks girls!

Oh my I think everyone would be shocked. I wish we could surprise our families but i don't see that happening. everyone's reaction when weight engaged was about time and when are you going to start trying. We told them not for a long time we wanted to be married first then once than excuse was no good we decided to build a house and now that excuse is bad. the bad part is we just decided to start trying this summer and we had to wait to move in. . . now we are moved in and have no excuse to hide behind so i keep telling them i need to enjoy my house and hubby. but really i just want a bfp and start our family. oh did i mention my husband is the only boy in his family to keep the last name alive. . . ekkk!

OH, FutureBabyG, that must just add even more pressure to you then, ugh! My DH's mom wants a grandbaby so badly, and when his cousin turned up prego, it made me feel a slight bit of inadequacy. I dont usually get like that, but every now and then, the feeling comes on. Does your DH's situation make you feel pressured at all?

It always seems more like TTC is a secret. Maybe it's just me, but it's awkward for EVERYONE to know you're trying. It's like telling everyone, "yup. We're humpin like rabbits!" Hahaha. My mom knows and it's always a bit weird to tell her when we have to do it. Lol. My husband has told everyone that we're trying, and while I'm happy he's excited, I wish we could keep it to ourselves.
And beaglemom, I really wonder about a lot of people on this site. I know there's all kinds of TMI here, but some people just take it tooooo far. Lol. And you're exactly right, if you're charting and using OPKs, you're trying. Maybe some people just don't want to accept it yet. Lol

Happy Friday, everyone!

Hehe. . i like the way you put this. I tried to explain that to my hubby when a friend told everyone they were trying to conceive. my reaction to my hubby was that's not an image i want in my head of my friend. why would you ever announce that? he said he never thought that deep on the comment he had kind of ignored what it meant to start a family and all he thought was that they would be announcing soon.

We first started trying after we got married. After a few years we gave up. So we spent the past 6 years very happily enjoying our life with each other not even thinking about kids. We were not using any birth control, so we just figured life would do what it is going to do. Then when I turned 30, my feelings changed. It took a year to get my husband on board. I have 1 friend who knows we are infertile & another friend who struggled with her own infertility & knows we are aggressively trying again. I don't want to tell my closest friend just because that gives me a reason to talk about it & it becomes the only thing to talk about & that's not fair to her. As far as any other friends, family, co-workers are concerned, we are happily married with a house full on animals & no intention on ever having kids. I haven't quite decided how to explain a positive to people if it happens. I may tell my family...but any friends or co-workers I will either say we changed our mind or life happens.

I am having more cm today. It is driving me crazy. I think I have to go buy some opks. The monitor telling me I O'd so early is just getting to me. I am just starting to think maybe I didn't & I am about to now & I didn't get in the time I needed. I know I should just have sex anyways & not worry about opks but I have to know when I O'd to keep me sane during the wait. We did not have sex last night because we were both just so tired...we just vegged out in the bed. We have never really been that active which is probably why we never got pregnant during the long period of NTNP.

On a side note, that reminds me...I don't want to offend anyone, but on the forum I don't think you can classify yourself as NTNP is you are using opks, charts, or fertility signs. Just my opinion :)

Heheh! Beaglemom, I kinda agree with ya' there! I think using OPKs and charts is basically trying. Well, I guess it depends... if they're doing it just to get famliar with their cycles before TTC, I can see that. But if they're doing it so that they know when to BD, I'm sorry, but that is totally trying, lol.

If I'm recalling correctly, your monitor sure did get pos really early this cycle... which does seem a tad strange. BUT... you're doing the right thing by continuing to BD everyday. You never know... even though the type of monitor you're using isn't supposed to be affected by Clomid, maybe for some crazy reason this time it was. Not a bad idea to get the OPK and see what it says since you've been done with the Clomid for a few days now, right?

We have a few people who know. Mostly our families, but just a couple of friends who I'm closest to. So there are several people sitting around waiting to hear news. My DH's cousin just informed us she's pregnant. She's four years younger than me and just got married in May. I'm excited for them because I do love her to death, so I was happy to hear the news. But at the same time, I have to admit, it was like a punch in the gut when I first heard.

I'm feeling more like myself today though at least! I'm hoping last night was an isolated incident, because I know I need those positive vibes flowing as much as possible in order to get a BFP! :)

I feel like everyone I know is pregnant! It's so annoying. A family friend's cousin's stripper, crack head gf is pregnant. Like, seriously? It's frustrating!! Sometimes I think it's a cruel cruel world. : / but gotta stay positive, and keep up the baby making. November could give us one more thing to be thankful for!

You're right allison, lots of pregnancies that shouldn't even be happening right now... my coworker's son got his girlfriend prego, and she didn't want it at ALL. She's plenty old enough to have a baby (27), but she was so mad about it, and she blamed him (something about how she didnt want to have sex that night, but he had insisted - sorry, but it takes two to tango!). Hearing that just made my blood boil. To me, she's so lucky to have that miracle happen for her, and especially so easily. But I can't judge her, I know... just because I want a baby so bad, doesn't mean that she feels like she's at the right time in her life, so she has a right to be upset if that's how she feels. :(

OH, FutureBabyG, that must just add even more pressure to you then, ugh! My DH's mom wants a grandbaby so badly, and when his cousin turned up prego, it made me feel a slight bit of inadequacy. I dont usually get like that, but every now and then, the feeling comes on. Does your DH's situation make you feel pressured at all?

Erin - my DH's mom has wanted a grandbaby since the day I walked down the aisle (9+ years ago) she has been bugging me. Finally a few years ago I was so mad I told her maybe she should ask her other son (who was unmarried and in college without a girlfriend at the time). She has never asked me about it again. Me and her were great friends, she always wanted a daughter and she treated me like a princess and spoiled me. My husband's brother got married a few years ago and they live a few states over from us. My MIL never got close to his wife because of the distance they live from us. Well...she had the first grandbaby a few months ago and now my MIL is always traveling there...and she treats my DH and I like we are chopped liver. We tried to plan her a nice birthday celebration...nope she wanted to go see her grandbaby. We were looking forward to Thanksgiving/Christmas...nope she is going to see the baby. Weird thing is - they never invite us for the holidays! Why do I let this upset me? I feel like she hates me because I never had a baby.

Sorry girls...I hate to complain. I am so emotional over this and I don't know why it bothers me so much. I was so close to my in-laws and now I feel like they don't want anything to do with us.

ABSOLUTELY! My husband had a brother 2yrs older than him; which we were extremely close. He was in the Army and never was married but plenty of girlfriends and i think when he moved back from the army he had met his mate. she was perfect for him in every way and we all loved her. unfortunately a few months later he was in a car accident and passed. Ever sine then my husband has felt this urgency to start a family because he realised life isn't much without your family. he only has his family and me and he knows he won't always have everyone and he wants the family name to live on and he wants to teach his children about his brother. he really was a wonderful man and an amazing brother. my husband never puts pressure on me by saying this all in one conversation but he has said i cant wait to teach my kids this. . . or i want to take them there. . . or my brother would be so proud. . . things like that. He knows how important children are to me and he would never but any extra stress on me.

However his paternal family members all mean well bit they are constantly asking if there is a baby on board or eating for two. they all mean well but it does hurt when i have to say no. when we weren't trying it wasn't hard and didn't hurt but now it does. the first month of ntnp i wanted to blurt out No but i didn't want anyone to know that there was a slim possibility. And they are requesting we have a boy to carry on the last name. i do want at least one boy if not an army. . but that's not up to me. the big man up stairs is the decision maker on what we need.

my mil keeps asking and saying things. but i kind of ignore her comments bc they are a little less direct. my mother however has already started buying things. she has a double stroller which showed up about a month after our wedding. a baby swing. . bouncer seat. . you know the normal thing a grandma without grandbabies would have. . . lol not!

so the answer to your question do i have pressure YES!

Erin - my DH's mom has wanted a grandbaby since the day I walked down the aisle (9+ years ago) she has been bugging me. Finally a few years ago I was so mad I told her maybe she should ask her other son (who was unmarried and in college without a girlfriend at the time). She has never asked me about it again. Me and her were great friends, she always wanted a daughter and she treated me like a princess and spoiled me. My husband's brother got married a few years ago and they live a few states over from us. My MIL never got close to his wife because of the distance they live from us. Well...she had the first grandbaby a few months ago and now my MIL is always traveling there...and she treats my DH and I like we are chopped liver. We tried to plan her a nice birthday celebration...nope she wanted to go see her grandbaby. We were looking forward to Thanksgiving/Christmas...nope she is going to see the baby. Weird thing is - they never invite us for the holidays! Why do I let this upset me? I feel like she hates me because I never had a baby.

Sorry girls...I hate to complain. I am so emotional over this and I don't know why it bothers me so much. I was so close to my in-laws and now I feel like they don't want anything to do with us.

that's awful. i am sorry you have to deal with that.

Heheh! Beaglemom, I kinda agree with ya' there! I think using OPKs and charts is basically trying. Well, I guess it depends... if they're doing it just to get famliar with their cycles before TTC, I can see that. But if they're doing it so that they know when to BD, I'm sorry, but that is totally trying, lol.

If I'm recalling correctly, your monitor sure did get pos really early this cycle... which does seem a tad strange. BUT... you're doing the right thing by continuing to BD everyday. You never know... even though the type of monitor you're using isn't supposed to be affected by Clomid, maybe for some crazy reason this time it was. Not a bad idea to get the OPK and see what it says since you've been done with the Clomid for a few days now, right?

i think you put this much better. tracking your cycle to become familiar is one thing. when you add in the bding you're ttc. thank you for your wisdom.

Oh gosh, Savvy, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! On top of the emotional roller coaster that you're already on while TTC! How crappy that they've alienated you like that, especially when you were once so close. Does she know that you are trying? Because i have to say, that's the rudest thing to do to a woman who has been TTC for a while, is to show favoritism to the ones with the grandbabies. That only makes things feel worse for you, and you don't need that. I truly am sorry for that.

My MIL and I have never had a real close bond... she and I have nothing in common, and I dont really agree with some of her beliefs and principles. BUT, we are civil to each other, and we get along fine. We just stay away from topics that we don't agree on (which is a lot), and we get along fine and we joke around about things and all that. But regardless of our relationship, she definitely wants a grandbaby. She's super ready. And the fact that I haven't been able to provide one, only makes me feel like I'm putting that much more distance between us. I know she doesn't blame me at all... but those feelings are hard to shake sometimes.

Oh wow FutureBabyG, that certainly is a lot of pressure, whew! The fact that he's the only son, and add to that the fact that he's so super ready himself too (how tragic about his brother, I'm so sorry for that - hugs -). And then your mom buying all that stuff, lol! Oh goodness, you've got so many different reasons for needing that BFP to come soon, huh?!

My DH isn't the only son in his fam, but even if he was, carrying on the name doesn't matter because his parents divorced when he was little, and his mom remarried and had two more kids. I've never met my DH's father, as he went AWOL when he was younger, so his stepdad became his dad, but they never did an official adoption, so my DH still has his biological father's name. So that's certainly not an issue for us. And although his mom is dying for a grandbaby, I dont have the same kind of pressure as you, because she has another son and daughter. I still have those feelings of inadequacy though, because since I'm 37 yrs old, I know she's been expecting to have one any day now, and it hasn't happened, plus the other siblings are a lot younger and probably not marrying anytime soon.

My own parents are pretty content at the moment, as they have four other grandchildren by my siblings. In fact, my sister gave them the first new little girl (the others are boys) about two years ago. So they're set for now. However, my mom knows how badly I want it, and she knows how much it hurts me sometimes; therefore, she wants it for me, almost as badly as I want it for myself.

Oh wow FutureBabyG, that certainly is a lot of pressure, whew! The fact that he's the only son, and add to that the fact that he's so super ready himself too (how tragic about his brother, I'm so sorry for that - hugs -). And then your mom buying all that stuff, lol! Oh goodness, you've got so many different reasons for needing that BFP to come soon, huh?!

My DH isn't the only son in his fam, but even if he was, carrying on the name doesn't matter because his parents divorced when he was little, and his mom remarried and had two more kids. I've never met my DH's father, as he went AWOL when he was younger, so his stepdad became his dad, but they never did an official adoption, so my DH still has his biological father's name. So that's certainly not an issue for us. And although his mom is dying for a grandbaby, I dont have the same kind of pressure as you, because she has another son and daughter. I still have those feelings of inadequacy though, because since I'm 37 yrs old, I know she's been expecting to have one any day now, and it hasn't happened, plus the other siblings are a lot younger and probably not marrying anytime soon.

My own parents are pretty content at the moment, as they have four other grandchildren by my siblings. In fact, my sister gave them the first new little girl (the others are boys) about two years ago. So they're set for now. However, my mom knows how badly I want it, and she knows how much it hurts me sometimes; therefore, she wants it for me, almost as badly as I want it for myself.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this cycle. If i did get my bfp i would have a due date right around his brothers birthday. In one thought it would be a blessing and in another i don't know that i would want that for my child bc my fil would remind my child every birthday that it would be there uncles and i don't want a child to
have that. i know my bil is looking over us and God will give us a child when the time is right.

I didn't think about the people charting to prepare. I guess because I never did that. I just stopped using the birth control & waited to see what happened. When after a few months we weren't pregnant, I started using opks & things like that. I have been way past the clomid. Last day was CD 9 & I think I am on like 17 or something like that.

I didn't think about the people charting to prepare. I guess because I never did that. I just stopped using the birth control & waited to see what happened. When after a few months we weren't pregnant, I started using opks & things like that. I have been way past the clomid. Last day was CD 9 & I think I am on like 17 or something like that.

Oh that's right, sorry, I'm really losing track of the days! Seems like just yesterday I started this thread, but it's been over a week already.

I didnt do any charting or OPKs before I started TTC either. In fact, I didnt start OPKs until a few months in. And the charting I just started a few months ago. Before I started TTC, I didnt know anything about any of this, I was clueless... although in a way, I kinda wish I had... maybe I would've figured some things out about my cycles before wasting so much time, who knows!

ABSOLUTELY! My husband had a brother 2yrs older than him; which we were extremely close. He was in the Army and never was married but plenty of girlfriends and i think when he moved back from the army he had met his mate. she was perfect for him in every way and we all loved her. unfortunately a few months later he was in a car accident and passed. Ever sine then my husband has felt this urgency to start a family because he realised life isn't much without your family. he only has his family and me and he knows he won't always have everyone and he wants the family name to live on and he wants to teach his children about his brother. he really was a wonderful man and an amazing brother. my husband never puts pressure on me by saying this all in one conversation but he has said i cant wait to teach my kids this. . . or i want to take them there. . . or my brother would be so proud. . . things like that. He knows how important children are to me and he would never but any extra stress on me.

However his paternal family members all mean well bit they are constantly asking if there is a baby on board or eating for two. they all mean well but it does hurt when i have to say no. when we weren't trying it wasn't hard and didn't hurt but now it does. the first month of ntnp i wanted to blurt out No but i didn't want anyone to know that there was a slim possibility. And they are requesting we have a boy to carry on the last name. i do want at least one boy if not an army. . but that's not up to me. the big man up stairs is the decision maker on what we need.

my mil keeps asking and saying things. but i kind of ignore her comments bc they are a little less direct. my mother however has already started buying things. she has a double stroller which showed up about a month after our wedding. a baby swing. . bouncer seat. . you know the normal thing a grandma without grandbabies would have. . . lol not!

so the answer to your question do i have pressure YES!

FutureBabyG - I am so sorry for your loss of your BIL :hugs:
Family members can make it so hard at times with all of their input!
I have a feeling my mom would be buying "baby" items too if she knew I was TTC. I can't really say much...I have purchased quite a few baby items in the past few months - no strollers or cribs but still it is probably just as bad to have stocked up on diapers and wipes!

You are right, there is not much you can do as God will decide if a boy or girl is perfect for your family as well as when is the best time for you to have your baby. Hopefully a sweet new baby will bring the family together and it won't matter if it is a boy or a girl...it will be loved!

Oh that's right, sorry, I'm really losing track of the days! Seems like just yesterday I started this thread, but it's been over a week already.

I didnt do any charting or OPKs before I started TTC either. In fact, I didnt start OPKs until a few months in. And the charting I just started a few months ago. Before I started TTC, I didnt know anything about any of this, I was clueless... although in a way, I kinda wish I had... maybe I would've figured some things out about my cycles before wasting so much time, who knows!

I try not to think about the past as wasted time (just talking about TTC). I often think how grateful I am I didn't fall pregnant back then. I was 21 & life was not easy for us. We have had a great run & I feel now we are more prepared...still not completely, but who is? I feel like my life has fallen exactly the way it was supposed to. Even though I am in this situation right now, I am so optimistic about what lies ahead. My husband & I are are the same page with everything. We have gone so long without a baby, I know my marriage will survive the struggles of infertility & the struggles of never having children if that is what is supposed to happen.

I keep googling cm after ovulation. I don't know why I bother. No matter what symptom you have, all the articles say it could be pregnancy...but then again it might not be. No sure things.

My husband said to me if my montor tracks lh & estrogen, then why not do a strip every day & then it can start picking up hcg? Good point. Clearblue needs to get on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->