• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Onto Next Round of Clomid - CD1

Yeah it took a lot for my husband to finally leave. I was really proud of him. There's just no reason to treat anyone like that, much less your family. My husband is an only child too, so why ruin that relationship? Working for family is the worst it seems. It doesn't seem like anything good ever comes of it. We've thought about packing up and moving, but I couldn't leave my mom and everything I know. I'd just move to a different house and not tell them. Hahaha!

But no! I didn't even think you were asking about costs bc you couldn't afford it. Even if I can afford something, I'm still going to want to be prepared fully for it. It's best to know exactly what you're going to be looking at so you can plan accordingly. And that sucks about the special diet. IBS seems to be getting so popular.. Not in a good way of course, but just in general. Lol. My mom has Crohn's Disease so she's on some weird and gluten free diet. Good luck though! I hope it helps you!

I am shocked that his parents would treat him that way being he is the only child! As they age they will need extra care...why chase away the only son who will take care of you? I totally agree that I would never want to work with my family or close friends - seems like you put your friendship on the line. As much as you want to move, at least your husband was able to remove himself from the company and hopefully that has given you a little more time together!

I wouldn't wish IBS on my worst enemy - it is a terrible illness. I quit my job 3 years and have been unable to work. Some days I feel great and can enjoy life but most days I am miserable - I usually stay at home, especially if I would like to eat. Crohn's is awful too - your poor momma! My new diet (low FODMAP) gets rid of gluten, dairy, fructose, etc...of course everything that I love!

Thanks girls for all your kind words earlier about spending money on tests. I know it is different then not waiting ultrasounds and other things you need when you are pregnant. It breaks my heart that infertility isn't covered by some insurance and I know the tests and treatments can get very expensive. It is always the good women...who want nothing more than to have a happy, healthy baby that struggle the most.

I am very thankful for meeting all of you. You are all positive and encouraging - we will make it through this journey and hopefully see our bfp's very soon!

Officially done with the Clomid! Woo hoo! Hopefully by this time next week I'll be Oing!! Yaaaayyyyy!!! : )

Yeah it took a lot for my husband to finally leave. I was really proud of him. There's just no reason to treat anyone like that, much less your family. My husband is an only child too, so why ruin that relationship? Working for family is the worst it seems. It doesn't seem like anything good ever comes of it. We've thought about packing up and moving, but I couldn't leave my mom and everything I know. I'd just move to a different house and not tell them. Hahaha!

But no! I didn't even think you were asking about costs bc you couldn't afford it. Even if I can afford something, I'm still going to want to be prepared fully for it. It's best to know exactly what you're going to be looking at so you can plan accordingly. And that sucks about the special diet. IBS seems to be getting so popular.. Not in a good way of course, but just in general. Lol. My mom has Crohn's Disease so she's on some weird and gluten free diet. Good luck though! I hope it helps you!

I am shocked that his parents would treat him that way being he is the only child! As they age they will need extra care...why chase away the only son who will take care of you? I totally agree that I would never want to work with my family or close friends - seems like you put your friendship on the line. As much as you want to move, at least your husband was able to remove himself from the company and hopefully that has given you a little more time together!

I wouldn't wish IBS on my worst enemy - it is a terrible illness. I quit my job 3 years and have been unable to work. Some days I feel great and can enjoy life but most days I am miserable - I usually stay at home, especially if I would like to eat. Crohn's is awful too - your poor momma! My new diet (low FODMAP) gets rid of gluten, dairy, fructose, etc...of course everything that I love!

I was/still am shocked that his parents are that way too. They're just a strange bunch. Sadly enough, my husband was actually diagnosed with PTSD bc of having such a rough childhood. So that's definitely not what I want my children to be around.
I can imagine IBS is awful. My mom recently had to quit working too bc she just couldn't stay at work all day, especially sitting. I know Crohn's is somewhat hereditary so I'm really hoping it misses me! That sucks that you have to cut so much out of your diet. I don't think I could do it. I have no self control when it comes to food. I'm so amazed that I don't weigh 300 pounds. Lol. So what can you eat? Mainly just fruits and vegetables? And super healthy outrageously expensive stuff? I wish it wasn't so dang expensive to eat healthy!! It's annoying!

Officially done with the Clomid! Woo hoo! Hopefully by this time next week I'll be Oing!! Yaaaayyyyy!!! : )

I'm done today too, wuhu! But you already knew that, lol! I should O on Wed. Will start OPKs on Mon, and should get a pos on Tues. thank goodness it's almost time. This whole ttc process is a big waiting game, just in different phases!

Omg, I just got all teary eyed bc I can't get my hair up the way I want it! Hahaha, these emotions are crazy! Lol

This was just too funny! I mean, not funny that you felt that way, just that I can totally relate after my episode last night! Lol

FutureBabyG, are you feeling better now?? Please be sure and update us... I don't know what that pain could've been, so sorry. :(

I'm done today too, wuhu! But you already knew that, lol! I should O on Wed. Will start OPKs on Mon, and should get a pos on Tues. thank goodness it's almost time. This whole ttc process is a big waiting game, just in different phases!

Last cycle I didn't O until about a week after the clomid. Since I'm doing the trigger shot, I go for ultrasounds, and I had to have 3 before I was finally ready to O. I'm thinking if it goes the same as last time, I'll take the shot Friday or Saturday. And then lots o baby making!! Hahaha.

No more pains. i took an extra opk it was negative which i knew. will poas in the am. night everyone.

Last cycle I didn't O until about a week after the clomid. Since I'm doing the trigger shot, I go for ultrasounds, and I had to have 3 before I was finally ready to O. I'm thinking if it goes the same as last time, I'll take the shot Friday or Saturday. And then lots o baby making!! Hahaha.

Allison, have you noticed a change in your cm from the clomid? In my first cycle on it, my cm was really no good at all. :( I had even taken Evening Primrose Oil to improve it, knowing that it's common for clomid to cause that sometimes... The EPO did nothing for it at all, even though a lot of women sware by it. So I didn't bother taking it again this cycle, and although I had watery cm for several days, it just changed two days ago to creamy/sticky again (not too sperm-friendly). I know I have a few more days for it to get to EWCM, but I have a feeling it's going to be the same, urg. I got some Preseed for the first time (never needed it before clomid), and we're using that every time we BD. Have you noticed that problem at all?

No more pains. i took an extra opk it was negative which i knew. will poas in the am. night everyone.

Let us know if you have a pos OPK this morning. I'd be curious to know if the pain was just your ovaries gettin ready. :)

I had horrible pain my first clomid cycle. Never had much of an issue with cm. But I use Robitussin and preseed anyways. Preseed helps for the quickies.

I had horrible pain my first clomid cycle. Never had much of an issue with cm. But I use Robitussin and preseed anyways. Preseed helps for the quickies.

I've heard the robitussin thing... They say anything that loosens up mucus during a cold/cough, is also good for cm, and anything that dries up mucus for allergies (like Benadryl) can dry up cm. So it makes sense. Maybe I'll run out and grab the robitussin, just in case. Do you just take it right around O? And how much of it throughout the day?

Allison, have you noticed a change in your cm from the clomid? In my first cycle on it, my cm was really no good at all. :( I had even taken Evening Primrose Oil to improve it, knowing that it's common for clomid to cause that sometimes... The EPO did nothing for it at all, even though a lot of women sware by it. So I didn't bother taking it again this cycle, and although I had watery cm for several days, it just changed two days ago to creamy/sticky again (not too sperm-friendly). I know I have a few more days for it to get to EWCM, but I have a feeling it's going to be the same, urg. I got some Preseed for the first time (never needed it before clomid), and we're using that every time we BD. Have you noticed that problem at all?

Yeah I've noticed the same thing. We've been using the preseed too. It seems to have helped. And haven't had any complaints from the hubby... Haha!

Yeah I've noticed the same thing. We've been using the preseed too. It seems to have helped. And haven't had any complaints from the hubby... Haha!

Lol, thanks Allison! Yea, my DH really likes the Preseed too! I hope it will really make a difference this cycle. Think I'm gonna try robitussin this cycle too and see if I notice a difference. Thanks ladies!

You will hear a lot of women talk about mucinex. I use Robitussin because it is cheaper. I just get a generic brand. The key is make sure the only active ingredient is guaifenesin. I had better results with the liquid versus pills. It tastes awful. I took a regular dose a few hours before sex on fertile days. You can also do twice a day. Make sure it is non drowsy :)

You will hear a lot of women talk about mucinex. I use Robitussin because it is cheaper. I just get a generic brand. The key is make sure the only active ingredient is guaifenesin. I had better results with the liquid versus pills. It tastes awful. I took a regular dose a few hours before sex on fertile days. You can also do twice a day. Make sure it is non drowsy :)

Wonderful, thank you! If my cm doesn't start looking better by Mon, I'm going to grab some of that for sure, thanks again!! :flower:

I was/still am shocked that his parents are that way too. They're just a strange bunch. Sadly enough, my husband was actually diagnosed with PTSD bc of having such a rough childhood. So that's definitely not what I want my children to be around.
I can imagine IBS is awful. My mom recently had to quit working too bc she just couldn't stay at work all day, especially sitting. I know Crohn's is somewhat hereditary so I'm really hoping it misses me! That sucks that you have to cut so much out of your diet. I don't think I could do it. I have no self control when it comes to food. I'm so amazed that I don't weigh 300 pounds. Lol. So what can you eat? Mainly just fruits and vegetables? And super healthy outrageously expensive stuff? I wish it wasn't so dang expensive to eat healthy!! It's annoying!

Your poor hubby! I feel terrible that he had to deal with that as a child. So glad that he removed himself from the business - I am sure it has made him much happier.

Yes the diet is crazy expensive. As you can see my user name is savvysaver...I have a hard time spending extra money on food...well I should say on food that I don't even like! I am comparing the diet to like the paleo or clean eating diets. Basically select fruits and veggies that are low in fodmaps - no high fructose corn syrup (which is in almost everything that tastes good), no artificial sweeteners, no dairy, no gluten...basically I am going to consume only water! lol!! Actually started crying at Whole Foods today when I realized a small bag of gluten free pretzels was $8! I can't keep living how I am now - I am constantly sick and unable to really leave the house, especially if I eat. So this must be done. I am guessing the reason I haven't had a bfp is because nothing can survive in my body longer than a few minutes - I need to take care of my body so it can take care of a baby.

Thanks girls for listening again :hugs:- I am such a picky eater I am having a real tough time dealing with this big diet change.

Yay! So glad erin and allison are done with clomid...now comes the fun part! :thumbup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

CBFM said low this am. I am thinking a cyst. i should get my first high this cycle in maybe five days not positive on that. had a creamy and stretchy cm today. . . .i am not good with this cm stuff.

CBFM said low this am. I am thinking a cyst. i should get my first high this cycle in maybe five days not positive on that. had a creamy and stretchy cm today. . . .i am not good with this cm stuff.

I'm not so good with the cm stuff either.... I think I used to get decent CM before starting clomid... Now I think it's too sticky/creamy during O. :( But even when I think I had decent cm prior to clomid, I still wasn't always 100% certain that it was necessarily the perfect EWCM. Why are our bodies so difficult to read sometimes, lol!

On a side note, I decided to tell one of my best friends tonight that I've been TTC for a year (because she's usually the one who always manages to say the perfect thing), and I got the typical "When you stop trying, you will get pregnant." CLICHE anyone?

Oh and FutureBabyG, do you really think it could be a cyst? According to my doc, I have one on my left ovary, but they acted like it was fairly common for one to pop up now and then, and that it should only cause pain if it were to burst... Do you think the pain felt bad enough that it could've burst? Or was it a mild ache? Will you check w/ your doc on Mon? Please keep us posted... Ill be thinkin' about ya, Hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->