onto the 14th cycle TTC... IUI is beckoning!

pavementfan

Reaction score
hi ladies

so, the witch got me this morning so it's onto the 14th cycle TTC :wacko:

started with evening primrose and will start soy isoflavones on day 3...

got an appt w/my doctor on monday, i am so tempted to just book in for IUI, or maybe clomid first... any advice? i'm now 37 and a half and just want to move things along now!

baby dust to all, let's hope we get our BFP's before the summer is out!!

personally for me, once I was put on clomid I tried one month clomid only, then 2nd month went for clomid with IUI. my thinking is if I have to be on medication and going for scans, might as well do everything I can and have my hubbies sperm washed and put where it needs to be!! I pay $325 per IUI so its manageable, I know some places in the US are nearer $2000 so I guess it depends on the cost for you and if you can afford it.

hey sarah! thanks for your reply! i'll be paying for the treatment myself as i'm self employed (as is my husband) so perhaps we will go straight to IUI with clomid as well. i'm out in hong kong so it's pretty expensive. ah well, hopefully it'll be worth it!

hope things go well for you this month :thumbup:

Hi there,

I'm also on my 14th cycle of ttc. And I have an appointment scheduled for Monday with the RE as well.

I did clomid and IUI with my 1st child, then conceived my 2nd and 3rd spontaneously (they are now 8, 6, and 2). I'd like to try a couple of cycles of clomid prior to IUI. Simply because I didn't need assistance for the last 2. Also, I think it's a hormonal issue for me, not a male factor. So maybe getting myself on some clomid and progesterone will correct the problem we've been having. But, if the SA comes back sub-standard, then I'll go straight to IUI.

Good luck!

hey there ready for more and let's hope this can be our lucky cycle, the 14th!

thanks so much for your reply ;-) I know a couple of friends who did IUI for their first then had no prob conceiving their second, which is heartening to hear as i'd like two!

i've just started on evening primrose this cycle and will try soy isoflavones on days 3-7, if not then it's onto clomid/IUI. my hub's SA is excellent so i'm thinking it must be me!!

good luck with yr drs appt on monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->