opinions on making babies bottle

woodr

first time mum
Reaction score
hi

when i had my little girl the HV said i should make bottles up as and when we need them but i couldnt get 2 grips with this because when she would want her bottle we would boil kettle then need to wait 30mins 4 water to cool then make the bottle then cool it down before we gave her it also how do you ever get out! and what do you do in the night?

so like we used to do years ago i make up the bottles for each day every morning and stand them in boiling water to warm them up and she has been fine not been ill doing it this way however i now see mums with flasks of hot water and add the milk seperate and making each feed as they go, how does this work when your at home or in the night?

would love to hear how people make their babies bottles. x

I make two up at a time, put one in the fridge and use one. Same at night. Its a bit unrealistic to make up as you go, esp at night!

I used to fill bottles up with boiled water and Then add the formula when he needed it. That way the water is sterile and the formula hasn't been sat in it for ages. It also means the bottle is at room temptreture which is ideal. But if they like it warm just pop in it some warm water :) x

We've always made them up two at a time. Our midwife suggested it to us :haha:.

I used to fill bottles up with boiled water and Then add the formula when he needed it. That way the water is sterile and the formula hasn't been sat in it for ages. It also means the bottle is at room temptreture which is ideal. But if they like it warm just pop in it some warm water :) x

This is how I do it. :flower:

heya :)
i make my los bottles every morning with just boiled water and then put them in the fridge til i need them.
i add the milk when i need it then heat it up in a bottle heater (only takes 3 minutes)
i also couldn't hack making bottles when he needed them as he got so frustrated waiting, he'd scream until he choked!
i was told not to make bottles fully up because of something to do with the bacteria :/
BUT my mother used to do exactly what you do with no problems, i think before the rules used to be bottles were fine for 12 or 24 hours (i forget with one)
tbh i read so many baby books while pregnant and i've followed nothing they say at all. and i'm sure next year there'll be some new rule to learn lol

some things are just common sense and no one can tell you how to take care of your own baby :)

take care xxx

i just fill all the bottles with boiled water and the add the formula when we need one :)

Yeah I just do the hot water in 6 bottles in the morning then add the formula when she's due her feed and heat.

LO drinks mostly breastmilk, but with 1 oz formula per feed, and i prepare it all at once to use for the day.

I fill the bottles with boiled water and measure out the formula in a dispenser. When I need to make one up it's just a case of pouring A into B, shake and serve. We're REALLY lucky in that Fin will take his bottles at room temperature (well actually any temperature) so we never need to heat them etc so when he used to wake at night it was so easy to get a feed ready with no fuss xx

This is how I do it. :flower:

Me too :thumbup: Though I do warm it in the microwave :dohh:

i premake 4 at a time if we are going out i just take one with me and get it warmed in a cafe or he sometimes just drinks at room temp.
On a night we pre-make 2 for throught the night and take the bottle warmer with us.

Yeah I just do the hot water in 6 bottles in the morning then add the formula when she's due her feed and heat.

This is exactly how I've always done it.. Never had a problem and I've got 3 children 8,2 and 11 weeks and all are perfectly healthy..My parents and grandparents also done it this way.. There's always some new rule.

I did exactly the same as this:thumbup:

hi

when i had my little girl the HV said i should make bottles up as and when we need them but i couldnt get 2 grips with this because when she would want her bottle we would boil kettle then need to wait 30mins 4 water to cool then make the bottle then cool it down before we gave her it also how do you ever get out! and what do you do in the night?

so like we used to do years ago i make up the bottles for each day every morning and stand them in boiling water to warm them up and she has been fine not been ill doing it this way however i now see mums with flasks of hot water and add the milk seperate and making each feed as they go, how does this work when your at home or in the night?

would love to hear how people make their babies bottles. x

I make 3 bottles up with water (6oz) and then measure all the milk into one of those travel things for milk powder. When baby needs a bottle i heat up the water and add the milk powder. they are much fresher plus only takes a couple of mins to heat the bottle in a bottle warmer!

My mum used to make all the bottles (including the milk) in the morn and put them in the fridge once they were cooled. and then heated them when she needed one. I tried that but didnt find that they were that fresh and smelt off lol!

Hope that helps

I make up four at a time, keep them in the fridge then stand in a jug of boiling water to reheat when needed. I use the ready-made cartons when I'm out and about though to save any hassle.

I make a maximum of 6 at a time, I boil the kettle and while it is cooling I put the sterliser on. Once the kettle has cooled for 30 minutes I pour 60ml into each bottle and add two scoops of powder. I then put the tops on, shake and rapidly cool. They then all go into the fridge until needed. I take them out as and when Ella wants a feed. She will have them at room temperature or fridge temperature.

I Mostly used Distilled water and make 1-2 feedings a time (or more if we are going out or w.e) or boil the water, let it cool to almost room temp and make 4 feedings.

I fill the bottles for the day with boiled water, put them in the fridge, and just heat them in the bottle warmer and add the milk powder when I need to to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->