Opk as hpt??!!!! Update with FRER!

SparklesHeart

Reaction score
So I'm 10dpo and it's 10.15 pm but I had an urge to poas!! So not wanting to waste an hpt as I only have 2ics left, I pee'd on an opk as I'd read somewhere they can pick up pregnancy hormone as it's similar to lutenising hormone it doesn't determine between the two.
Does anyone have experience with this? Or any newly pregnant ladies want to poas opk for a little test?!! I am not testing til morning, definitely. But I'm curious!!!
Thank you!

So I'm 10dpo and it's 10.15 pm but I had an urge to poas!! So not wanting to waste an hpt as I only have 2ics left, I pee'd on an opk as I'd read somewhere they can pick up pregnancy hormone as it's similar to lutenising hormone it doesn't determine between the two.
Does anyone have experience with this? Or any newly pregnant ladies want to poas opk for a little test?!! I am not testing til morning, definitely. But I'm curious!!!
Thank you!

I did opk first got a line that was quite dark then went to get frer and that was pos

I poas today an opk and got a very dark line so yea I guess they do pick it up

Ooh hun my heart is pounding now!!
Going to bed now, got an ic and a frer in the bathroom ready to go in the morn! Ooh hope I'm not getting my hopes up too high, further to fall if it all goes pearshaped!

Ooh hun my heart is pounding now!!
Going to bed now, got an ic and a frer in the bathroom ready to go in the morn! Ooh hope I'm not getting my hopes up too high, further to fall if it all goes pearshaped!

Good luck!! Il keep my eye out for update :)

hpt only detect hcg and opks detect other hormones that are naturally and always present in the body regardless of pregnancy or not. opks werent meant to replace hpts so i wouldnt rely on them for the sake of a honest positive pregnancy test.

for the science of it, pregnancy increases the amount of our normal-leveled hormones in the body and if the lh levels are affected, ofcourse they will show too but its normally the estrogen and progesterone thats affected the most. good luck

Both times I have a BFP I got a + on an OPK first.

Opks pick up LH and HCG, so yes, to answer your question

Oh my god I'm shaking!
Do you all see it too???????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 59
Can't beleive it!! Week be due around the same time ahah within days haha

Nope not told him, though he came home from work while I was doing dinner the kids and me, and left within 30 mins for his work do! So there wasn't time anyway, I am 100% determined to put a test in a very sparkly box I've brought just for this occasion. This is our last baby so I'm making it extra special!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->