OPK drama

spicyorange

Reaction score
Right I'm in a dilemma, to OPK our not.
Reasons to: the obvious - I want to get pregnant QUICK
Reasons not to: I'd have to do it behind dhs back. He is loving and supportive but thinks I worry to much and we should just relax and see what happens etc. He thinks in it of my mind already so would not be happy with me becoming a poas addict. I'm ttc as soon as I come off the pill in November do I have no idea what my cycles will do.
The other reason not to, they are quite expensive as I'll have to get then in a shop so ate around £10 for 7 (can't hide what comes in the post!) So should I wait a couple of months before I use them?
I really can't decide.

My DH didnt want to know when I was ovulating, I think it actually put him off sex. I don't think of it as lying, I think of it as something I want to know but he doesn't. I will probably start using them soon basically to know if Im ovulating when I think I am. I would love to be able to relax and see what happens but Im just not that kind of person, Im a planner and I wanna know whats going on! lol

When I using OPKs I got them from a website that sold cheap OPKs and they had discreet packaging and cheap fast delivery. The package came in the post with only my address and postage on it, and a return address. But you probably dont want to be that sneaky ;)

Yes i agree with vmcsherry. I get mine in bulk from Amazon. Green topped strips. I get the wide version as I find they give a clearer line and they're easy to read being a bit wider. They arrive in just a brown envelope.

Dh would ask if a brown envelope arrived and I couldn't have them to work. It all just feels very dishonest

Just say it's a Christmas present for him ;) it's not dishonest it's your body and you should be allowed to know what's happening to it! Couldn't you tell him you are going to use them but you won't mention the results to him?

What about using other methods to track fertility? I found that tracking my sex drive, cm and monthly cycles it was pretty easy to track. We normally have sex pretty regularly (it used to be every night but now it is about 3-4 times a week) we have always managed to fall pregnant that way. Are you just coming off bc? That can impact your cycles for a while too.

You could just get them and tell him you just want to know that you are ovulating. As callmedan said, you dont have to tell him the results.

I suggested the cheaper tests as I spent quite a bit on the more expensive OPKs and it took us 10 months to conceive our first. I started using the cheaper ones after 3 months i think, felt like i was wasting money.

When we first decided to TTC I went out and spent like £50 on OPKs and pregnancy tests. I might as well have taked £50 out of the ATM, put it in the toilet and peed on it lol

What about using other methods to track fertility? I found that tracking my sex drive, cm and monthly cycles it was pretty easy to track. We normally have sex pretty regularly (it used to be every night but now it is about 3-4 times a week) we have always managed to fall pregnant that way. Are you just coming off bc? That can impact your cycles for a while too.

I'm not off pill until we TTC so I won't have any idea of my cycles before I'm ttc. We have sex around 3 times a week. It's Dh that limits that not me. It's my body true but I dint like being sneaky and Dh just doesn't get it.

Personally i'd wait a few cycles, if you choice to use them DON'T use Tesco they are by far the worse ones I've ever used.
I tried for 2 years for my first so have used a few different ones. Every single one of them came out positive and that was testing once a day with them.
I found Wilko own brand were just as good as clearblue. They gave me positive results the same time as a clearblue did and are cheaper then most places. if I remember rightly a pack of 5 was about £3.

https://www.wilko.com/family-planning/wilko-ovulation-test-strip-5pk/invt/0307840?VBMST=ovulation tests

Personally, it feels very sneaky to me and would advise against trying to secretly buy them or hide them. While it's an innocent thing, I always think being upfront is the way to go. Just let him know that you are going to use them as a way to make sure your cycles are getting back on track after coming off the pill. He doesn't have to "get" it or know the results...there's just no reason to hide it from him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->