Opk pics!! Close?? **newest opk pics on pg3**

Mommyagain

Expecting 2nd son!
Reaction score
https://www.babyandbump.com/attachm....php?attachmentid=216743&stc=1&d=130738250202

What do you think??? Close?? On cd 19 it looked like an almost positive to me and I was soooo sure that I might get a good positive on cd20. I was very dissappointed with the outcome of todays test. Do you think I could still get a positve? This is a clomid cycle. 150mg.

These are first response opks.

Attachments

• IMG_0456[1].jpg
    IMG_0456[1].jpg
    32 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0455[1].jpg
    IMG_0455[1].jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0454[1].jpg
    IMG_0454[1].jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 27
You should try one of those digi 'smiley face' ones. Or better yet - just go for it as it looks like it could be any day now. Good luck!

I would get digi or internet cheapie. Not quite there as line not as dark as or darker. Keep testing xx

Thanks ladies. I'm going to keep testing. I think I have 8 opks left to use. I'm just praying these are possibly building up to a positive. I am on cd 20 today. My doc called off all bloodwork for this cycle because I had a long af. It was like 16 days. It was mostly light or spotting with only about 24hrs of heavy bleeding. Af was really weird. It kept stopping then starting again. I have been using opks since cd10. The line has gotten darker but I know I'm not to a positive yet. Just needed to see if anyone (especially on clomid) ovulated late in their cycle or used opks and had a gradual build up? How long after your last pill did you ovulate? Any advice or stories are appreciated.

This is my third clomid cycle and the first two I didn't ovulate. I was hoping to make an eggy pop this go around!!

The digis are a whole lot cheaper on Amazon.com - I got 20 for less than 30 bucks (and they're eligible for their super saver shipping). I know it's 30 bucks a month, but I just look at it as one less dinner out (which we need to avoid anyway) or a shirt I don't really need in the first place.

Maybe try the ones you're using, and then when you're sure you're headed for a positive, grab one of the CBEs and double check; you can pee in a cup with the CBEs too.

I paid $35 for 20 of the first response. It took all I had to get hubby to purchase those. He is a little tight. Lol. I made the argument to him that doing everything to try to get prego on clomid is cheaper than iui or ivf. So we should give it all we had.

When mine were close...it was pretty obvious. The test line was almost as dark as the control. Now, I use the cheap tests from amazon.com so I don't mind testing 3 times a day just to check. I did buy clear blue digis, and I got a smiley face just one day...so that for sure let me know that I was or about to O. I like using the expensive ones to back up what I know from the cheap ones...it helps me to not waste the expensive ones.

When mine were close...it was pretty obvious. The test line was almost as dark as the control. Now, I use the cheap tests from amazon.com so I don't mind testing 3 times a day just to check. I did buy clear blue digis, and I got a smiley face just one day...so that for sure let me know that I was or about to O. I like using the expensive ones to back up what I know from the cheap ones...it helps me to not waste the expensive ones.

Did the line fluctuate much right before your positive? Cd19 is darker than cd20. I wonder if that's a bad sign.

Did the line fluctuate much right before your positive? Cd19 is darker than cd20. I wonder if that's a bad sign.

I had slight fluctuations...but right before I got a positive they were still darker than the pics you have posted. And then when I got the positive they were exactly the same color. I also noticed you have 9am and 9pm on the sticks. When I would test 3 times a day, I would always get the best reading around 2-3pm. Other ladies I talked to would agree that early afternoon is the best time. I would suggest trying to test at that time too to give you a better idea. Hope that helps and I wish you luck!!!

:( And here I was feeling really proud of my lines. Lol!!

Aww try not to be sad!!! It'll happen and like I said...try the early afternoon for testing...it really is the best time!!!

OMG girl you are spending a FORTUNE on opks!!!! Go to amazon and buy the cheap ones that come in a pack of 50 for 10$. They work perfectly, and the lines are much thicker than FR lines.Its a lot easier to tell!! And mine are always obviously positive. The test line will be MUCH darker than the control line. Day 19 for you, kinda looks like mine always looks. Hang in there and keep at it!! :) Hoping for your smiley face x2 for you really soon!

I don't understand why you're not having your ov monitored (i.e. ultrasounds done) especially if you're on CLO?!? I've noticed that it's common both in the UK and US to just get women popping these pills, but no one checks if they're actually working. Just because you're getting an LH surge (so positive OVPKs) doesn't mean that the follicle is actually erupting and releasing an egg (i.e ovulating). I've been treated aborad, and there you have untrasounds done where you observe the follicle grow and then you check whether it erupted and if there's liquid in the Douglas pouch. Otherwise, it's all just trial and error....

Good luck hopefully soon Hun xxx

I used the ovulation strips for the last two months, and I finally figured out that the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line or it's considered a negative. We all have that hormone in our bodies all the time but when there's a surge it gets dark and that's when you're about to ovulate.

But having said that, just because you don't see a positive doesn't mean you didn't ovulate either, does it? You could just miss it... Unless you are doing several in a day. :/

what is a clomid cycle?
Also where do you get the cheapy ov tests?

My doctor usually does monitor my cycles closer but I had a 16 day af so they just wrote this cycle off. :(

A clomid cycle is a cycle that your using the fertility drug clomid.

I'm on cd 22 and confused. I had my darkest opk at 5 pm on cd20. This morning I had my lightest one ive had for several days. So I don't think I'm going to ovulate. This SUCKS!! I have four tests left so I'm going to keep testing twice a day but I'm not feeling optimistic. It's looking like no ovulation for round 3 of clomid. :(

I'm going to try to post a pic of my darkest opk. I was reading the instructions and they said to not go by thickness but color. I've been looking at thickness so idk as well.

I thought I was close but was dissappointed to find todays first one was pretty light. :( I'm going to test again this afternoon but I don't think its going to happen for me. :cry::cry::growlmad::nope::nope:

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217858&stc=1&d=1307564363
https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217864&stc=1&d=1307564363
https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217868&stc=1&d=1307564363

Attachments

• IMG_0462[1].jpg
    IMG_0462[1].jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0463[1].jpg
    IMG_0463[1].jpg
    29 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0467[1].jpg
    IMG_0467[1].jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online