OPK positive 5 days in a row?

Awh thanks Michelle :)

Ooh hope you're right, and the temp dip means imminent ovulation!!! Now I am around 4 or 5 dpo (I think 5, but ff has me at 4). I'm gonna ditch the temping as that's what usually stresses me out the closer to af I get lol :/

Realllllyyyyy hope you ov soon and can join me in the tww!! And the same wish for you about strong spermies waiting ;)

Are you going to use agnus this cycle or beginning of next (hopefully you won't even have a next cycle for 9 months or so tho and get a bfp instead!) Good luck!! Xx

I had months and months of cycles of +opk that lasted 5-7 days. And yes, it can be vERY normal so please dont worry about the earlier post saying it isnt. I have two wonderful children evidence to the fact.

Bare in mind that so many things can impact on opk. There are several reasons this can happen

1) You have strong surges which take time to get down low enough to not trigger the opk.

2) Smetimes the body gets ready to release the egg, the opk turns positive but the ovulation doesnt occur straight away. The body continues to try and push the ovulation, which can be days later, and then the opks will start to go negative again. Stress or anxiety, illness...all examples of what can trigger this.

I had fertility testing, and for what ever reason I did have cycles where the egg just wasnt ready but came a few days later. It may just be a one off, you may see it again...but it doesnt always mean something is wrong.

xx

Ah thanks for that brill explanation Sarah :) Deffo makes a lot of sense and congrats on the little ones x

This is my last cycle for a while either way as I try to focus on making my body ready fof ttc (lose some weight, take epo and vitb6 and start spearmint tea) :) My cycles just seem to have become wackier and wackier the last 3-4 cycles lol.

Good luck to you - whichever journey you're on, and thanks for taking the time to reply hun. Really appreciate it :hugs:

Thanks Sarahuk, it is great to see what other REs have told us. It is amazing the difference between the two. So glad you were able to have your kiddos.

Sarah- that explanation sounds exactly like what I felt my body was doing! Thanks for your input it's good to know we're not the only ones :)

Carly- I totally get not wanting to temp in your luteal phase. Last cycle my temps kept dropping and it freaked me out. The AC is supposed to help with having a short luteal phase which I did have last cycle. I'm not sure when I'm going to start it amazon says it's supposed to be here on Saturday. I think as long as I don't O before it comes I'll start it then. It seems pretty divided wheth or not you should take it after O because of potential pregnancy. I want to do more research on it.

Opks have been - for me since last night. After my temp drop yesterday my temp was up .2 today. It's probably nothing but I have a little hope it's the start of a rise.

You know...for years I temped all cycle through. Even through AF. And if there is anything I learned is that post ovulation temps mean SHITE ALL! You sit and obsess about every rise and fall...every possible pattern you get in the ups and downs daily, and at the end of the day it doesnt mean anything in regards to pregnancy.

Ok people will tell you that a pregnancy chart looks like X/Y/Z. People will also tell you that a triphastic chart means you are without a doubt utterly pregnant. Nope! Not always!

If there was one piece of advice I wish someone had given me earlier in TTC was this: The best way to help any potential egg to implant is to remove all potential stress factors. Temp through pre ovulation obviously. Temp till you know you have ovulated and if using FF get your crosshairs. Then my advice is this = STOP. You will only drive yourself mad in the long term.

I used to sit and pour over mine daily. Spend hours searching for a bfp chart that mirrored mine. I had 10zillion perfect looking charts and not one bfp. I had multiple triphastic charts and not one of them brought me even the feintest of lines.

My bfp cycles I had the worst post ov temps. My first I went below coverline.

The ONLY thing that can count you out is AF, so leave your temps once you know youre in the TTW...youll save youself some sanity girls! xxx

Thanks for the advice sarah, I will do my best not to over analyze anymore!

I'm in the same boat. This is day 9 for me of strong positive OPKs and I am using the same brand as you. I also followed up with a different brand but they also turned out to be positive so I don't know what to think. I don't have signs of PCOS and I've been checked a few months ago. The last time I was pregnant I had positive OPKs for 5 days in a row before they finally went negative and didn't ovulate until CD18 of a 27 day cycle, so anything is possible, I guess. Hopefully this is a good sign for us both!

wow G&RM! 9 days...I thought 6 was bad!! I'd be going nutso if it had been positive any longer lol. Really really hope they go negative soon and show ovulation! Even better if you got your bfp!!

I don't think mine has anything to do with a bfp as I didn't ovulate until it was negative :/ I can wish too though....hehe

Good luck!! Let me know if you get a lovely bfp :) Good luck everyone xx

Awh I don't have a journal....I wouldn't even know where to start lol. I will update here either way though :) This is my last cycle for a wee while anyway as I need to get back on track generally lol. Thanks hun x

Carly how many dpo are you now?

It's weird because my temp is up the second morning after my dip now so I might have O'd. My opks went - 3 days before the dip after having several days of dark and light tests. It's so confusing I'm not even sure I want to use the tests anymore. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic that I did O because it's been a roller coaster this cycle.

I had the same problem this cycle! Kept getting really dark positive opks for days. In the end I just gave up BDing and opks thinking I wasn't going to O this cycle (I do have pcos so very possible) and now FF decided to give me crosshairs and say I did O. I'm still not convinced I did but if I did we only dtd 3 days before so pretty sure I'll be out!

FX you get your bfp :)

Carly how many dpo are you now?

It's weird because my temp is up the second morning after my dip now so I might have O'd. My opks went - 3 days before the dip after having several days of dark and light tests. It's so confusing I'm not even sure I want to use the tests anymore. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic that I did O because it's been a roller coaster this cycle.

I am 6dpo today x

ooh I really hope you did ov when you got that dip!! I'll keep my fx that you're 2dpo today :D Hope you get a bfp this cycle hun, I just cchecked out your chart and it surely cannot be fun having such long cycles and not knowing when you're going to ovulate :/ The longerst cycle I had went on for over 5 months after my mc. I never thought there was going to be an end in sight! Hope you get another higher temp tomorrow too! That would be awesome :)

I had the same problem this cycle! Kept getting really dark positive opks for days. In the end I just gave up BDing and opks thinking I wasn't going to O this cycle (I do have pcos so very possible) and now FF decided to give me crosshairs and say I did O. I'm still not convinced I did but if I did we only dtd 3 days before so pretty sure I'll be out!

FX you get your bfp :)

Ooh I hope you ovulated when ff predicted...I see from your chart you dtd 2 days before ovulation so that'd be great timing! Got everything crossed for you too x

Please do keep the thread updated...hoping for a positive test in a few days wee!! x

So I tested today at 10 or 11dpo and stark white bfn on a superdrug test!! :( Disappointed to say the least but I'm counting myself out. Good luck to you other ladies! How many dpo are you guys now?? x

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been mia a few days life is crazy.

So I have grest news! Last Saturday and Sunday morning I had very positive opks :) as in much darker than the control line. Now I know what to look for. I ended up Oing on Sunday and I am now 4dpo. I would add a pic of the opk but I'm on my phone. When I update my journal (eventually) it will be in there.

Yes carly my cycles are really annoying lol. FF even gets confused sometimes. I'm sorry you got a bfn but you're only 11dpo there is still hope! You're not out til the witch comes :)

Woohoo Michelle awesome news!! So glad you ovulated!! Wishing you tons of luck and :dust:

AFM: AF just arrived! Temp dropped this morning so I knew it was on its way :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->