OPK test line darkness question!

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
Hey girls! :)

So my "scheduled" ovulation day (just going by calendar) was 5/13. But my opk was still super faint. Felt crampy today, and decided to take another test. Test line is just a tad bit lighter than the control line. But MUCH darker than ANY other time I've seen it. Does this mean I'm about to ovulate? Hubby and I were going to try the Shettles method for a girl.. however, if I am ovulating today.. it was too far out at this point to be optimistic. We last dtd on 5/10 evening.. pretty much 5/11. Might dtd tonight anyway. I read a bunch that it honestly can go either way regardless of when you dtd.
So back to my original question.. does this mean I'm ovulating within a few hours? A day?
Thanks for the help! :)

I would say that if it is very close to the same colour as the control that the LH is high. It might not be at it's peak but I would say ovulation would have been today or it could be tomorrow. Have you tested again?

If it is close and you had done one earlier that wasn't that dark then I would say O will probably happen tonight or tomorrow. If you didn't take one earlier then I would say you could be O'ing now as it could have been positive earlier. Hope that made sense my brain isn't working all that well today :haha: sleep deprived

You normally ovulate within 24-48 hours of pulling a positive OPK. If you are almost positive today, then it's possible that you will get a positive tomorrow, and then ovulation day would be a day or two after that. If you have not ovulated yet (I wasn't really clear on whether you've been taking OPKs the whole time, or just occasionally), then it is highly unlikely you would become pregnant from sex on the 10th or 11th. I'm not sure what the cutoff is for Shettles, but I think sex on the night of "almost" positive would give you a chance at conceiving without bringing you too close to ovulation time.

Thank you all for the replies!! I wasn't around yesterday, I apologize. I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday at some point as all the cramping has died down now. It was really interesting for me as I've never felt ovulation cramping like that before. I made sure DH and I dtd that night! We'll see what happens!:) And yeah, I had given up on the Shettles method for this cycle as I definitely feel it was too far out. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. But whether it happened to be a sister or brother for my little man, I'll be happy. :)
I guess I'm officially in the tww now.
Good luck to everyone who is trying!! Babydust to all!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->